Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

QUESTION: burning AUDIO-BluRays with HD & SACD-stuff
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 11, 2018 15:40

I googled a lot but I can't find my way through at the moment.

So I thought maybe someone already did it and can lend me a helping hand?

I have nearly all HD-downloads and quite a few SACD-rips from Japan and I would love to create Audio-BluRays with that kind of stuff.

Thanks
smileys with beer

Re: QUESTION: burning AUDIO-BluRays with HD & SACD-stuff
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 11, 2018 16:22

I think you may need some special software that is not commonly available, unfortunately. For free at least...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 11, 2018 18:46

I've wondered the same thing. Kind of doubt this platform would reach consumers as there's few of us interested in it. Seems it's all about video, not audio. My opinion. Maybe Neil Young will be the first to make the 24/32 bit recordable player!

Date: March 11, 2018 18:46

Thanks blakeeik - wouldn't bother to buy it if I only'd knew which one to chose...

Date: March 11, 2018 22:16

Too late now but tomorrow I'll check Let It Bleed or Exile or Grrr. I have the official audio-blurays and I'm curious how the data is stored on the discs.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 11, 2018 22:34

silkcut1978_
Too late now but tomorrow I'll check Let It Bleed or Exile or Grrr. I have the official audio-blurays and I'm curious how the data is stored on the discs.

I'm sure there are programs that you can use to extract DTS or 5.1 data, but I am not aware of any that write to BDr in the same way. Please let us know what you find!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 16, 2018 22:10

silkcut1978_

So I thought maybe someone already did it and can lend me a helping hand?

I would try it the other way around - if you have a SACD-capable Player (which supports DSD-Disc* ) :

Convert the HD-Downloads (PCM) into DSD and burn these files onto a DSD-Disc - see: 'Part III - Authoring the DSD Disc' - or the Sony-Guide (PDF).

Another possibility would be no Discs and playing the files via an (DSD-capable) HighRes-Network-Player.

( *DSD-Disc is supported by Sony Playstation 3, Sony SCD-XA5400ES, SCD-XE800, Pioneer PD-50/30/10, Accuphase DP-720/DP-950, Teac PD-501HR, maybe other Players)

Date: March 16, 2018 23:58

Thanks for the hint Irix - I would like to burn some Audio-BluRays just for fun and I'd like to learn how to do it for no special reason spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I bought an external burner 4 weeks ago and I've already burned about 30 BluRays, even converted from DVD to BluRay as I like the slim BluRay-cases and I would hate to have a DVD inside a BluRay-box grinning smiley

But the DSD-thing is definitely interesting and I'll give it a try - so thanks again !

Edit: downloaded an actual version of foobar, the DSDIFF-decoder, did an install in the components but when I try to convert I can't check DSD(IF). Any idea by chance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 00:09 by silkcut1978_.

Date: March 17, 2018 01:25

silkcut1978_

Edit: downloaded an actual version of foobar, the DSDIFF-decoder, did an install in the components but when I try to convert I can't check DSD(IF). Any idea by chance?

Looks like Foobar can only convert DSD on-the-fly during playback but not encode to file. Try the Tascam Hi-Res Editor [asoundupgrade.com] to convert the HighRes-PCM-files to DSD (2.8MHz, DSF).

Date: March 17, 2018 10:26

Thanks again for your help Irix ! smileys with beer

Glad that it's raining outside so I can take my time - Tascam is working with the SACD and HD-downloads spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Now I'll have to learn the authoring-part. You made my day Irix smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 11:43 by silkcut1978_.

Date: March 17, 2018 14:00

If you wanna make a Compilation (as DSD-Disc) from the HD-Downloads mixed with SACD-files then use sacd_extract 0.3.8 to get the single files from a SACD-ISO. Always use the DSF-Format (DSD64 2.8 MHz).

A SACD-ISO can be burnt onto a DVD-R as simply as any other ISO-file.

Date: March 19, 2018 11:15

Maybe the Universal-Disc-Players are now capable to play any Audio-files they found in the Root-Directory of the Disc -- maybe it's sufficient just to copy DSD, HighRes-FLAC (and so on) files onto the Disc:

2017/2018-Model of the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player - Sony UBP-X800 - [www.Sony.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home