Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST / DIRTY WORK ALTERNATE no label
Posted by: DocAndCat ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:05

Hi

From silvers i bought many years ago (lossless Wav and art)

3 versions of You're Too Much ...maybe i let you find differences between them ... Tell me

Disc 1 : One Hit/Harlem Shuffle 1/You're Too Much 1/Deep Love/Strickly Memphis/What Are You Gonna Do With My Love/Invitation/Harlem Shuffle 2/Harlem Shuffle 3/You're Too Much 2/Sleep Tonight/Fight/Too Rude

Disc 2 : What Are You Gonna Do With My Boyfriend/Some Of Us/She Never Listen To Me/You're Too Much/Fight/High Temperature/Loving You Is Sweeter/Brealin'/Don't Get Mad/Who's Shagging You/I Want Nobody Else 1/I Want Nobody Else 2/Treat Me Like A Fool 1/Treat Me Like A Fool 2/Back To Zero

Enjoy

[wetransfer.com]

Nanker Phelge

Re: POST / DIRTY WORK ALTERNATE no label
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2018 20:21

Thx for the rip!

DocAndCat

3 versions of You're Too Much ...maybe i let you find differences between them ... Tell me

I think they're all the same! It's version II that is the full band version without the sax addition.

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:02

Thanks!

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:51

I can't extract the archive. File corrupted. Downloaded two times.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:32

Thanks very much DocAndCat downloaded just fine.

I use winrar to extract the files.

My method is to change the extension to .rar

now open the file. Then close the diagnostic message(s)

we now should have the contents of the archive

Highlight the three files (art,CD01,CD02) and right click

Now choose 'Extract without confirmation'

It works for me.

After that I will convert them to flacs just for a little space-saving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 23:41 by MrTurner.

Date: March 3, 2018 16:32

Can 1985 enthusiasts look into the 2 versions of "I Want Nobody Else". The music is the same as on the DAC release but the editing is different.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 23:12

Thanks. I don't think I had this one.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 07:29

Nice! Thanks!

Deep Love is a lost classic! Keef should have used it for Take Is Cheap or Main Offender.

And they should have revisited You're Too Much.

I know people regard DW as a throwaway, but not for me.

My first Stones album that I bought. It was fresh and heavy. In my opinion songwriting still produced tunes that would get stuck in your head. (Do you remember much from Bigger Bang, which even had a 5-star song according to Uncut magazine. -- Start Me Up and Jumping Jack Flesh are also 5-star classics according to Uncut.) I still enjoy listening to DW.

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:54

Thanks for this.thumbs up

Date: March 5, 2018 14:38

frenki09
Nice! Thanks!

Deep Love is a lost classic! Keef should have used it for Take Is Cheap or Main Offender.

Acc. to the very reliable Nico Zentgraf Chuck "thou shall not be named" Leavell plays drums on this one! yawning smiley
Damn how many drummers filled up for Charlie on the DW sessions? Ronnie, Chuck L., Steve Jordan, Charley Drayton, Anton Fig, Jon Moss...

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 17:14

dcba
frenki09
Nice! Thanks!

Acc. to the very reliable Nico Zentgraf Chuck "thou shall not be named" Leavell plays drums on this one! yawning smiley
Damn how many drummers filled up for Charlie on the DW sessions? Ronnie, Chuck L., Steve Jordan, Charley Drayton, Anton Fig, Jon Moss...

Oh. I had no idea that the Sea Level dude can even play drums. Was he already flirting with the Stones at that time? Hmm...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 5, 2018 19:46

frenki09
Nice! Thanks!

And they should have revisited You're Too Much.

I know people regard DW as a throwaway, but not for me.

My first Stones album that I bought. It was fresh and heavy. In my opinion songwriting still produced tunes that would get stuck in your head. (Do you remember much from Bigger Bang, which even had a 5-star song according to Uncut magazine. -- Start Me Up and Jumping Jack Flesh are also 5-star classics according to Uncut.) I still enjoy listening to DW.

I agree about your opinion regarding DW. Always liked the album. Agree about A Bigger Bang too by the way. DW is much, much better to me.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 6, 2018 00:03

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home