Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Some decent stuff on Ebay at reasonable prices - all silvers in good condition.
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 17, 2018 19:20

Rolling Stones - First night stand - Washington 1994 - Vol 1 - [www.ebay.co.uk]

Rolling Stones - Grown man cry - Munich 2003 - [www.ebay.co.uk]

Rolling Stones - Songbook - [www.ebay.co.uk]

Rolling Stones - Muddy waters - Chicago 1981 - DVD - [www.ebay.co.uk]

Mick Jagger - Deep down under - Australia 1988 - DVD - [www.ebay.co.uk]

Mick Jagger - Tokyo 1988 - DVD - [www.ebay.co.uk]

I’m happy to combine postage on multiple wins.

Please enquire about overseas postage costs as they will be more expensive than UK costs".

There's also a couple of dozen other non Stones things in my 'other items' for sale list

Edited 24 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 18:06 by EddieByword.

Re: Some decent stuff on Ebay at reasonable prices - all silvers in good condition.
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 18, 2018 10:36

I can't buy them from Germany. Use international selling.

Re: Some decent stuff on Ebay at reasonable prices - all silvers in good condition.
Date: February 18, 2018 12:08

Monsoon Ragoon
I can't buy them from Germany. Use international selling.

What do you mean?.....You can't make a bid?.......Usually, people from outside the UK ask, "If I win this or that, how much will it be?......I then work it out and then they decide whether to bid or not. Although, I haven't tried to sell anything for a long while until this weekend.

Has Ebay changed something?

From what I can see on Ebay, they will only allow International 'Tracked'.....it's a good bit more expensive but I can add that option if you want..............(It would be the same price up to 2KG.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 13:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 18, 2018 16:10

It says:

Ebay
Postage:
May not post to Belgium - Read item description or contact seller for postage options. | See details

Item location:
Swansea, United Kingdom

Posts to:
United Kingdom
Delivery:
Varies

So I can bid, but I should contact the seller first to see IF he will ship to (in my case) Belgium, and how much S&H would be.

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 18, 2018 16:25

coowouters
It says:

Ebay
Postage:
May not post to Belgium - Read item description or contact seller for postage options. | See details

Item location:
Swansea, United Kingdom

Posts to:
United Kingdom
Delivery:
Varies

So I can bid, but I should contact the seller first to see IF he will ship to (in my case) Belgium, and how much S&H would be.

Ahh right, Cheers Chris - so 'may not' are the relevant words, although I didn't know people were getting that message, I have actually mentioned postage etc in my ad with the following....

"I always add a few pence to the postage costs to pay for packaging and boxes.

I’m happy to combine postage on multiple wins.

Please enquire about overseas postage costs as they will be more expensive than UK costs".

ok, thanks again Chris for clearing that up - ex.......thumbs up

Date: February 18, 2018 21:01

Seven more Stones things added after Bob Dylan discs..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 21:10 by EddieByword.

Date: February 18, 2018 21:22

I did some more research, and found out the following:

Out of all your listings, I can only find 2 through Ebay Belgium (and Ebay Germany); "Necrophilia" and "Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972".
Even clicking on "See other items" only gives me those two.

You probably made a "mistake" filling out the Ebay form for those two, so now they show up with an estimated shipping price to Belgium (GBP 11.22).

I guess all other listings will be impossible to see outside the UK, unless you go to ebay.co.uk, meaning that you loose a lot of potential buyers who are, for example, doing a search on Ebay US... (I tried on ebay.com and only the two mentioned above came up).

Of course, if someone clicks on the links you posted in your topic, they will arrive on ebay UK, but those unaware of your post over here and living outside of the UK will probably only find the 2 while maybe interested in (or maybe searching for) one of your other listings!!!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 19, 2018 11:44

coowouters
I did some more research, and found out the following:

Out of all your listings, I can only find 2 through Ebay Belgium (and Ebay Germany); "Necrophilia" and "Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972".
Even clicking on "See other items" only gives me those two.

You probably made a "mistake" filling out the Ebay form for those two, so now they show up with an estimated shipping price to Belgium (GBP 11.22).

I guess all other listings will be impossible to see outside the UK, unless you go to ebay.co.uk, meaning that you loose a lot of potential buyers who are, for example, doing a search on Ebay US... (I tried on ebay.com and only the two mentioned above came up).

Of course, if someone clicks on the links you posted in your topic, they will arrive on ebay UK, but those unaware of your post over here and living outside of the UK will probably only find the 2 while maybe interested in (or maybe searching for) one of your other listings!!!!!!

Hi Chris, thanks again for that.........Ok, I've had a look at "Necrophilia" and "Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972" and it looks like you are right. On those two, I forgot to cancel the 'Global shipping' option.
I usually cancel that because it' s so expensive.
Previously, when selling something, 'you' could also cancel 'International shipping' altogether and it would still show up on other Ebay sites and as you said, the buyer would contact the seller to get a price.....Not so anymore it seems.

Now, 'you' have to give one of the options, 'Global shipping' or 'International shipping' by Royal mail or, if 'you' are in a in a different country, that country's delivery service.

So, I've added 'International shipping' to 'Rolling Stones - It's getting hot up here - 1973', so, now I'm wondering if you could do me a favour and check 'Ebay Belgium' to see if it is showing on there now?

Cheers Chris, thanks.......I cancelled 'Global shipping' on Necrophilia but for some reason Ebay wouldn't let me cancel it on Rolling Stones - Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972 ?.............

Date: February 19, 2018 11:54

EddieByword
So, I've added 'International shipping' to 'Rolling Stones - It's getting hot up here - 1973', so, now I'm wondering if you could do me a favour and check 'Ebay Belgium' to see if it is showing on there now?

Cheers Chris, thanks.......I cancelled 'Global shipping' on Necrophilia but for some reason Ebay wouldn't let me cancel it on Rolling Stones - Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972 ?.............

Yep, I can see "Rolling Stones - It's getting hot up here - 1973" on Ebay.be :-)

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 19, 2018 12:52

coowouters
EddieByword

Yep, I can see "Rolling Stones - It's getting hot up here - 1973" on Ebay.be :-)

Great stuff, thanks a lot............smileys with beer

Date: February 19, 2018 13:02

EddieByword
I cancelled 'Global shipping' on Necrophilia but for some reason Ebay wouldn't let me cancel it on Rolling Stones - Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972 ?.............

Maybe cancel that auction and start it all over again?

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: February 19, 2018 13:03

EddieByword
I cancelled 'Global shipping' on Necrophilia but for some reason Ebay wouldn't let me cancel it on Rolling Stones - Here come the Rolling Stones - 1972 ?.............

Possibly because there is already 1 bid on "Here come..." ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 17:18 by joguema.

Date: February 19, 2018 13:18

coowouters
EddieByword

Maybe cancel that auction and start it all over again?

I guess I could cancel it but I don't want to mess the first bidder around - hopefully the winner will be in the UK............

Date: February 19, 2018 13:19

joguema
EddieByword

Possibly because these is already 1 bid on "Here come..." ?

I think you are right..........It's really difficult to make any revisions once a bid has gone on........

Date: February 19, 2018 17:39

Well, I gave a bid on Necrophilia and it worked. It shows £7,78 or so as "expedited delivery" costs to Germany.

Date: February 19, 2018 19:26

Monsoon Ragoon
Well, I gave a bid on Necrophilia and it worked. It shows £7,78 or so as "expedited delivery" costs to Germany.

That listing is one which I forgot to cancel the 'Global shipping (with Ebay)' option.

If you win I can try and send it by ordinary 'Royal mail' if you want. However, I've never had anything to do with 'Global shipping' before, so, I'm not sure yet whether I'll be able to bypass it now I've got caught up in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:27 by EddieByword.

Date: February 19, 2018 19:45

EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon

That listing is one which I forgot to cancel the 'Global shipping (with Ebay)' option.

If you win I can try and send it by ordinary 'Royal mail' if you want. However, I've never had anything to do with 'Global shipping' before, so, I'm not sure yet whether I'll be able to bypass it now I've got caught up in it.

If you don't use global shipping you can only sell to UK buyers. I wouldn't do it like this, you will loose much money.

Date: February 19, 2018 19:52

Monsoon Ragoon
EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon

If you don't use global shipping you can only sell to UK buyers. I wouldn't do it like this, you will loose much money.

No, that's not correct - On Ebay UK at least I was given the option of Ebay's Global shipping program or offering a price from the UK's Royal Mail (or any other courier of my choice, if I wanted). (International shipping option)

I messed up with Necrophilia and have ended up with Global shipping but have gone with 'International worldwide' with Royal mail with a few others - I haven't got round to changing all of them yet............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:53 by EddieByword.

Date: February 19, 2018 20:57

EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon
EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon

No, that's not correct - On Ebay UK at least I was given the option of Ebay's Global shipping program or offering a price from the UK's Royal Mail (or any other courier of my choice, if I wanted). (International shipping option)

I messed up with Necrophilia and have ended up with Global shipping but have gone with 'International worldwide' with Royal mail with a few others - I haven't got round to changing all of them yet............

That's too complicated for me. I may make some bids (if possible), and I'm sure we find an agreement if I win.

Date: February 19, 2018 21:26

It's easy to find out how much shipping to a Country outside the UK would be.
Just go to [www.royalmail.com] and you'll find the prices.

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 19, 2018 21:48

coowouters
It's easy to find out how much shipping to a Country outside the UK would be.
Just go to [www.royalmail.com] and you'll find the prices.

That's understood Chris, the thing I'm not sure about is whether I am tied to sending Necrophilia with 'Ebay's Global Shipping' (which is expensive) because I failed to cancel that option (and go with Royal mail) when I set the listing up....(We'll see I guess when the auction is finished...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 21:49 by EddieByword.

Date: February 20, 2018 14:56

Monsoon Ragoon
EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon
EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon

That's too complicated for me. I may make some bids (if possible), and I'm sure we find an agreement if I win.

thumbs up ......that's good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 14:57 by EddieByword.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:38

Very nice collection! Sad to see these go for such a low price. I don't see a lot of bids although the starting bid is more than reasonable. I am sure you didn't buy these for 5 pounds...

Date: February 20, 2018 17:55

frenki09
Very nice collection! Sad to see these go for such a low price. I don't see a lot of bids although the starting bid is more than reasonable. I am sure you didn't buy these for 5 pounds...

No, you're right there, more like £15 - £20 (Some doubles - £25) from record fairs years ago - but 'you' have to move with the times and accept that with downloads so readily available........

And, I never play them they just sit on the shelf while I burn a CD-RW from the PC when I want to play something.....

The LA boxset cost me £50 and still has the price sticker on it........(The photo on the listing is from dbboots.........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 18:00 by EddieByword.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:19

EddieByword
frenki09

No, you're right there, more like £15 - £20 (Some doubles - £25) from record fairs years ago - but 'you' have to move with the times and accept that with downloads so readily available........

And, I never play them they just sit on the shelf while I burn a CD-RW from the PC when I want to play something.....

The LA boxset cost me £50 and still has the price sticker on it........(The photo on the listing is from dbboots.........

I wonder if CD's will have a come back just like vinyls did. The past 5 years it seems brought a very sudden decline in the demand for CD's. I understand that bootleg CD's are not so popular anymore, but why not own a genuine copy of Rolling Stones CD? And isn't it nice to actually hold it in you hand, especially if we talk about a nice boy set that came with a book? The notion of having a real painting on the wall and not just a printed version of it is so much more satisfying. I am a bit puzzled over the rapid changes in trends. I'd still go for the REAL thing. A flesh and bones gf is better than a doll, isn't it?

Please let us know how the biddings turned out when your listings have ended...

Date: February 20, 2018 18:41

frenki09
EddieByword
frenki09

I wonder if CD's will have a come back just like vinyls did. The past 5 years it seems brought a very sudden decline in the demand for CD's. I understand that bootleg CD's are not so popular anymore, but why not own a genuine copy of Rolling Stones CD? And isn't it nice to actually hold it in you hand, especially if we talk about a nice boy set that came with a book? The notion of having a real painting on the wall and not just a printed version of it is so much more satisfying. I am a bit puzzled over the rapid changes in trends. I'd still go for the REAL thing. A flesh and bones gf is better than a doll, isn't it?

Please let us know how the biddings turned out when your listings have ended...

My official Stones collection is staying with me, and a few other bands but I am also pruning my official - other bands collection - by a few hundred......(They don't eat anything but I am fed up of having so many physical discs.........As I say though, I'll be keeping my collections of about 8 bands, for now anyway........

On Ebay - also, starting at A through to Z...........There's about a dozen so far, including David Bowie and the Allman bros on my 'Sellers Other Items' list on Ebay.......

Date: February 23, 2018 14:11

Bump - One day to go..............Good luck to everyone who has put a bid on and thanks.......smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 15:31 by EddieByword.

Date: February 25, 2018 03:42

Bump - last day this week...........

Date: February 25, 2018 14:38

bump - 3 hours left

Date: February 25, 2018 18:36

Rolling Stones - The Complete LA Friday tapes - 1975 - boxset .......relisted due to listing error of mine in last weeks listing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 18:37 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home