Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Philadelphia ‘72 Project
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 16, 2018 13:26

Thanks, Frawls. I'm downloading now.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 18, 2018 19:15

Many thanks Frawls! thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 22, 2018 17:21

exilestones
Is silkcut1978's original rip still available?
Thanks

Munichhilton

Here it is both silkcut1978's original rip and a bastard son:
[we.tl]
until July 22nd

The Philadelphia Project
This was brought on by the superior sound of the original 2 LP set shared by silkcut1978. His LPs brought a better source to the Philadelphia 1972 early show on July 21st than was previously available... The 2 LPs also used a lot of Ft Worth 1972 which is not only now official, but available in pretty good quality already. The first 3 sides of silkcuts LPs ran at the right speed, but side 4 was too fast...probably to make it fit. As I only used 1 song from that side (the rest were Ft. Worth) only one track needed speed correction. Other tracks were included from best available sources in order to complete this set.

01 Brown Sugar July 21st early show *
02 Bitch July 21st early show *
03 Rocks Off July 21st early show *
04 Gimme Shelter JUly 21st early show *
05 Happy July 21st early show *
06 Tumbling Dice July 21st early show *
07 Love In Vain July 21st early show
08 Sweet Virginia July 20th only show
09 You Can't Always Get What You Want July 21st early show *
10 All Down The Line July 21st early show [pitch corrected] *
11 Midnight Rambler July 21st late show
12 Bye Bye Johnny July 21st late show
13 Rip This Joint July 21st late show
14 Jumping Jack Flash July 21st late show
15 Street Fighting Man July 21st late show
16 Uptight - Satisfaction July 20th only show

* Taken from silkcut1978 LP Rip of Philadelphia Special [Pre Swinging Pig Label] Best available quality and recent upgrade or retrograde.

The Rest:

Track 7 taken from "Plug In Flush Out" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth June 24th show track.
Track 8 taken from "Keep Your Motor Runnin'" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth June 24th show track.
Track 11 taken from "Plug In Flush Out" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth June 24th show track.
Track 12 taken from "Keep Your Motor Runnin'" as silkcuts original LP is missing this track
Track 13 taken from "Plug In Flush Out" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth June 24th show track.
Track 14 taken from "Philadelphia Special II" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth JUne 24th show track and I thought it sounded warmer than "Plug In Flush Out"
Track 15 taken from "Philadelphia II" as silkcuts original LP had the Ft Worth June 24th show track and I thought it sounded warmer than "Plug In Flush Out"

Volume fluctuations were severe in some cases. Tracks have all been brought into the same volume range manually. NO NORMALIZING. There were a few bad edits on the LP source that I left in to keep that source as clean as possible. Most notable is the spoken intro to YCAGWYW. It seems to skip or something.

Thanks to Silkcut1978, ErikSnow, and to midnrambler whose long ago torrent of both complete Ft. Worth shows really helped in comparing these lps.

Final question: Who screws up the beginning of Jumping Jack Flash? Keith seems to be right on target. Is it Charlie? Nicky? Bill? Either way, Charlie wrestles it back under control.

Munichhilton Hungercitizen 10/2011

Here it is (The original vinyl rip + the Fan made volume both in one download)
1972.07.21 1st Philadelphia Special Complete [FANMADE] (best sounding) and Philadelphia Special vinyl rip [silkcut1978].rar [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-22 17:27 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 24, 2018 02:57

stonesmuziekfan
exilestones
Is silkcut1978's original rip still available?
Thanks

Here it is (The original vinyl rip + the Fan made volume both in one download)
1972.07.21 1st Philadelphia Special Complete [FANMADE] (best sounding) and Philadelphia Special vinyl rip [silkcut1978].rar [www.filefactory.com]

THANKS!

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: January 7, 2019 16:08

I've recently compared the two versions of YCAGWYW on the Rattlesnake box and on the "Philadelphia Special" complete fan-made torrent (thanks, by the way!). I'm amazed at the clarity and the sound separation on the latter. It's the first time I listen to this. I thought the Rattlesnake box was the ultimate stuff, which it is CLEARLY not!

Since that track is taken from the Philadelphia Special vinyl ripped by silkcut1978, could someone let me know if the rest of the vinyl recording sounds as good?

As for the "Work Sucks" box, what is the source? More generally, does anyone know where it came from?

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: January 7, 2019 16:49

If I remember correctly there is a mistake in the notes for ycagwyw. It is from ft worth not philly. It’s easy to tell: “I knew she was gonna MISS her connection” is from ft worth.

Date: January 7, 2019 18:01

You are right, it's from Fort Worth 1. Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 7, 2019 19:50

Thanks for the additional info, blakeeik.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 7, 2019 20:47

I believe it's Ft. Worth #1, wh. I believe it the worst show from 72.

I bought the 2 LP set of the Philly Special in the late 1970s. I believe this is taken from that. So it would be Ft. Worth #1, and Philly #2 as well as assorted tracks from the other two Philly shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-07 20:49 by HEILOOBAAS.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 7, 2019 21:01

HEILOOBAAS

I bought the 2 LP set of the Philly Special in the late 1970s. I believe this is taken from that. So it would be Ft. Worth #1, and Philly #2 as well as assorted tracks from the other two Philly shows.

1st and 2nd Philadelphia show are terrific shows, only the very last one is on it's toes. Jagger is tired - jut like the listener

Date: January 7, 2019 21:52

I can confirm (after having checked) that it's from Fort Worth 1. It's a bit surprising that someone who claims to make a Philly compilation can't actually get it right. I guess there are too many soundboards tapes from 1972 after all eye rolling smiley

So: what is/are the best version(s) for the Philly shows?

As for Fort Worth, I'm partial to YCAGWYW from Fort Worth 2. Can't get enough of the solo, to me it's one of the best I've heard from that tour.

Date: January 7, 2019 23:44

GivenToFly15
I can confirm (after having checked) that it's from Fort Worth 1. It's a bit surprising that someone who claims to make a Philly compilation can't actually get it right. I guess there are too many soundboards tapes from 1972 after all eye rolling smiley

So: what is/are the best version(s) for the Philly shows?

As for Fort Worth, I'm partial to YCAGWYW from Fort Worth 2. Can't get enough of the solo, to me it's one of the best I've heard from that tour.

I think your question is a valid one. However, it is to the taste of the individual listener. So, download as many as you can and pick out one song - Gimme Shelter's a good one - and compare them. I did this with all the releases of GHS and found them all to be wanting except for the CBS remaster.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:44

can you please re up this bootleg?
many thanks

Date: May 21, 2019 16:34

pepganzo
many thanks

Did you click on the File Factory link for this show? It's still valid. You seem to be asking for an awful lot when all you need to do is click on the link, you know.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: May 22, 2019 15:25

Thanks

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 23, 2019 20:02

HEILOOBAAS
pepganzo
many thanks

Did you click on the File Factory link for this show? It's still valid. You seem to be asking for an awful lot when all you need to do is click on the link, you know.

asking for an awful lot?
LOL

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: May 23, 2019 21:20

HEILOOBAAS

Late 70's probably Mick Taylor We Miss You or Jack Daniel's On Tour, not, Philadelphia Special.

1 - Mick Taylor We Miss You - RSVP - LP released between 1976 & 1978 (if someone have more informations about the release date, Thanks)

2 - Jack Daniels On Tour - RSVP - LP released between 1976 & 1979 (if someone have more informations about the release date, Thanks)

3 - The Great Lost Live Album Vol.1 - pre-TSP - LP released July 1983

4 - Philadelphia Special - TSP - 2LP released March 1985

5 - Philadelphia Special - TSP - 2LP/2CD released 1990

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: May 26, 2019 11:16

thanks !!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home