Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

QUESTION: burning BluRay-discs
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:57

Anybody out there who can give me advice how to burn the downloads of midimannz/MfG-BluRays on disc?

Finally I'm planing to buy an external BluRay-burner so I would like to know which software you folks use. My version of Nero (7.9.6.0) doesn't do the job and as I didn't burn any CDs or DVDs for at least a decade I kinda lost track...

Any input is welcome - thanks in advance spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: QUESTION: burning BluRay-discs
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:14

Hi, i burn direct from the software I create them with, for others I download (Falo for example) I burn with Power2Go, it’s never let me down.

I have 32gig ram so it may help also

Date: February 15, 2018 00:21

Thanks for your quick reply midimannz. I'm already downloading Power2Go smileys with beer

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 15, 2018 10:19

There are many different softwares available for BD-R. But I would like to give you a little advice to save your old version of Nero. It's good for ripping and burning audio files where the newer versions don't allow it. I kept getting copyright messages, even though it was my own store bought CDs. Blu-ray burning is not difficult but it takes a long time. Good luck.

Date: February 15, 2018 11:59

Thanks for your input frankotero - in fact I downloaded Nero yesterday. As I wrote above I didn't burn any discs for in last 10 years (sometimes in office, but not at home) as I keep everything on my externals HDs and there's no need anymore for burned CDs/DVDs.

BluRay is kinda different as my home-network isn't fast enough to display a proper picture on my TV when playing a BluRay-download on my PC. As my TV only accepts FAT32-USB-sticks (no file bigger than 2 Gcool smiley I'm stuck with the BluRays. For example the m2ts-file of Falo's Düsseldorf is 19,3 GB - no chance other than playing and watching it on one of my PC-monitors.

That's the reason I'm thinking about burning some BluRays - to be able to watch them in my living room on the big screen spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 15, 2018 12:49

I burn most of my blurays with IMGBurn, I only use Nero to copy blurays.

Date: February 15, 2018 13:03

Silkcut, you can format USB sticks to NFTS (I think it's called). From then you can load any size file, up to the stick capacity of course. Cheers.

Date: February 15, 2018 14:51

frankotero
Silkcut, you can format USB sticks to NFTS (I think it's called). From then you can load any size file, up to the stick capacity of course. Cheers.

Yep, but the problem is the TV-set - it dooesn't work with NTFS :-(

Date: February 15, 2018 14:53

Mr.D
I burn most of my blurays with IMGBurn, I only use Nero to copy blurays.

Thanks for the hint, Mr.D.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yesterday I found a free version of Power2Go in the web but it's good to know about another option.

Date: February 15, 2018 14:54

What! Didn't know that, but I've never tried it either. Seems they make it hard for us.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 15, 2018 16:34

Could someone please advise a good external blu ray burner? I was thinking about buying one too...

Date: February 15, 2018 19:42

midnrambler
Could someone please advise a good external blu ray burner? I was thinking about buying one too...

no advise, sorry - but that's the one I've already ordered:

[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:11

midnrambler

I've used two of these over the last 10+ years:[smile.amazon.com]

Date: February 20, 2018 16:51

silkcut1978_
frankotero

You can plug the USB stick directly into the back of the latest Oppo and Cambridge "Universal" Blu-ray Disc players and play the files that way.

The same goes for some A/V receivers and pre-amplifiers. USB stick or external hard drive.

NTFS is the format of the file system used by Microsoft Windows. The files themselves will be in their own file format .... on an NTFS formatted drive or,if you use other operating systems,the drive could be formatted to other types of file systems but,still,the files themselves will be in their own format on that drive.

A good format for the video files is .mkv . MakeMKV software to create the files.

For burning under Windows,as mentioned above there is IMGburn or Active@ISO burner. Other operating systems have great free open source software available for burning such as K3B and XFburn.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 21, 2018 22:10

silkcut1978_

Maybe the TV-set supports Microsoft's exFAT-Filesystem -- [en.Wikipedia.org] .

It's supported for instance by TV-sets from Sony.

Date: February 21, 2018 23:44

Thanks for all the input so far smileys with beer

My external burner arrived today and I'm looking forward to the weekend to burn my first BluRay. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home