Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Howlin’ For Hubert Tribute with KR FLAC Wetransfer
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 12, 2018 04:46

Can anyone share Howlin’ For Hubert [no label, 4CD] Live at The Apollo Theater, New York, NY; February 24, 2012?

It has Keef among other greats. (And some the Winos.)

4CD's. Unfortunately I don't think there's a soundboard recording of this out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 14:11 by frenki09.

Re: REQUEST Howlin’ For Hubert [no label, 4CD] with KR
Date: February 12, 2018 05:30

I have this in MP3 from Willard's Wormhole (RIP) and can upload it if no one comes forward with a FLAC/WAV version. For reference, the entire four-disc set is 224kbps and is under 400MB in size.

Date: February 12, 2018 08:46

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I have this in MP3 from Willard's Wormhole (RIP) and can upload it if no one comes forward with a FLAC/WAV version. For reference, the entire four-disc set is 224kbps and is under 400MB in size.

Thanks a million! Let's see if someone has a FLAC version. And if nobody does then please upload the mp3. Cheers!

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: February 12, 2018 09:44

Here you go.

APCD Special Howlin' For Hubert - CaptainAcidRemaster_maximized version
Link: [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-12 09:45 by THE DON.

Date: February 12, 2018 16:26

Thanks a lot, The Don!!!! About to start downloading...

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 10:46

Thank you 'The Don' for the flac version.thumbs up

Date: February 13, 2018 14:10

Here's the FLAC version on Wetransfer:

[Hubert Sumlin Tribute with KR]

Thanks to The Don!

Re: Howlin’ For Hubert Tribute with KR FLAC Wetransfer
Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: February 13, 2018 15:19

thanks very much to all involved!!!

Date: February 14, 2018 13:49

I finished listening to it.

The quality is Good, Very Good- in my opinion.

However, somehow this concert feels very unfocused and unrehearsed. Perhaps Bramhall was the one who stood out. Keef was just terrible in every sense of the word. Out of tune and out of breath singing. I know that he doesn't care much about singing into the microphone, and here it's also pretty evident.

Buddy Guy is a great guy, but his overconfidence and silliness ruins the songs. It's a bit irritating and his songs are longish.

I am sure that there are some people out there who don't know who that old guy is who is trying to sing up there on stage. I am talking about Keef. And if you don't know what a legend he is, then this (and other performances from him) seem like a bad joke.

The two jam songs at the end are not enjoyable at all. Jams tend to fall apart because there are too many people on stage, but it doesn't have to be like that. I remember how great the closing jam was at one of the Crossroads gigs. It was a Joe Cocker number. It was organized and extremely fun.

On the last tour Keef seemed to be way more serious and focused. Beautiful Slipping Away's each night. I wrote this before: his seriousness and focus and keeping Slipping Away in the set list for me signaled that soon it will be time to put down the axe. (He is not the most active gigger anyway. Charlie said it once that you loose the mojo if you don't go out playing. And Keef doesn't play a whole lot between tours.)

Sometimes he is being too cool at the expense of being focused.

I love the guy! Love him!!! But...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 13:50 by frenki09.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: February 15, 2018 01:02

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2145
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home