Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO: Silver Train, Olympic Sound Studios, London, UK. 1970 In good quality
Date: January 28, 2018 00:25

the version presented in this video here: [youtu.be]

I love this version but i've never heard it in decent quality. If a better version exists then i'd love to have it

thanks

Re: ISO: Silver Train, Olympic Sound Studios, London, UK. 1970 In good quality
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 28, 2018 19:24

Searched a bit on the net, it seems the best and longest version is on a boot from the Midnight Beat label called "Acetates".

But I don't have it, and I can't find a download link,
so I'm sorry, but I cannot help you here.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:12

[wetransfer.com]

silvertain x3 from capr acid how do you hide your love

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:16

Rank Stranger
Searched a bit on the net, it seems the best and longest version is on a boot from the Midnight Beat label called "Acetates".

The version on Acetates is a slightly different mix of the album version. The 1970 version is on Nasty Habits boots or on the Godfather release, but didn't appear in great quality until now.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:31

Monsoon Ragoon
Rank Stranger

The version on Acetates is a slightly different mix of the album version. The 1970 version is on Nasty Habits boots or on the Godfather release, but didn't appear in great quality until now.

Thanks!

Date: February 1, 2018 04:41

vancouver
[wetransfer.com]

silvertain x3 from capr acid how do you hide your love

pretty good quality! Slightly better than the others I have. Thanks,

Date: February 1, 2018 04:45

Monsoon Ragoon
Rank Stranger

Which version are you referring to that's in great quality?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 1, 2018 09:48

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
Monsoon Ragoon
Rank Stranger

The Acetates version is in official quality. But it is actually the same as the album version, although in a slightly different mix. The very interesting demo from 1970 I know only in vg sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 09:54 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 2, 2018 01:09

Monsoon Ragoon
NeverMakeASaintOfMe
Monsoon Ragoon
Rank Stranger

The Acetates version is in official quality. But it is actually the same as the album version, although in a slightly different mix. The very interesting demo from 1970 I know only in vg sound.
I see, thanks for specifying.

Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: February 2, 2018 04:21

The interesting thing about Silver train was that it was given to Johnny Winter to record and release as a single and was also released on his kick ass Still Alive and Well album in April of 73 while the Stones released GHS in late autumn of that year. According to the Johnny Winter book Raisin' Cain the early 70 demo version was the one given to him. I had met Johnny at one of shows in 2011 and asked him if this was done out of gratitude for the Stones performing his Im yours and Im hers at Hyde Park in 69 and he laughed and said "the only reason they played it was because I guess they liked it"!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 2, 2018 09:29

MTWEMISSYOU
I had met Johnny at one of shows in 2011 and asked him if this was done out of gratitude for the Stones performing his Im yours and Im hers at Hyde Park in 69 and he laughed and said "the only reason they played it was because I guess they liked it"!

thumbs up

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 3, 2018 21:41

MTWEMISSYOU
The interesting thing about Silver train was that it was given to Johnny Winter to record and release as a single and was also released on his kick ass Still Alive and Well album in April of 73 while the Stones released GHS in late autumn of that year. According to the Johnny Winter book Raisin' Cain the early 70 demo version was the one given to him. I had met Johnny at one of shows in 2011 and asked him if this was done out of gratitude for the Stones performing his Im yours and Im hers at Hyde Park in 69 and he laughed and said "the only reason they played it was because I guess they liked it"!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 12, 2018 05:05

I had always wondered how Johnny Winter ( a Beaumont homey) came up with his arrangement that included a Cajun sounding vocal refrain (but I thought, growing up in the same area that it wasn't surprising). Hearing the original Stones demo years later, it blew my mind that The Stones originally intended it to be like that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home