Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 09 - The Hague - 03 June 1982 - With G. Thorogood feat M. Jagger
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 16, 2017 10:29

Stones Sidesteps: The STU Sidesteps
This is a series of recordings provided by nzb to present the side projects of some of the Rolling Stones (Ian 'Stu' Stewart, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman).
This part of the series is devoted to STU, the only person that can be called the 6th Stone (but in fact he was the 2nd Stone).
Thanks to nzb who provided us his recordings, to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.
………………………………………………………………………………………….

Volume 09
With George THOROGOOD &The DESTROYERS: Part 2

3rd June 1982: GEORGE THOROGOOD& THE DESTROYERS . The Hague, Netherlands, Paard Van Troje
Line-up: STU* (p)/George Thorogood (gtr, voc)/Bill Blough (bass)/Jeff Simon (dr)/Hank Carter (sax)/Bobby Keys (sax) and special guest Mick Jagger (voc)
Note: It seems that STU didn’t play on all tracks: according to the Nico Zentgraf site he probably only plays on the tracks marked by an asterisk.*
Tracklist :
01 - I’m Wanted (Willie Dixon) *
02 - One Way Ticket (John Lee Hooker) *
03 - House Rent Blues/One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (Trad.)(Rudy
Toombs)*
04 - It Wasn’t Me (Chuck Berry)*
05 - Bottom Of The Sea (McKinley Morganfield)
06 - Night Time (R. Feldman/G. Goldstein/R. Gottehrer)-incomplete
07 - I'll Change My Style (William Parker/Manuel Villa)
08 - Madison Blues (Elmore James) *
09 - Can’t Stop Loving My Baby (Elmore James)
10 - I’m Just Your Good Thing (James Moore)
11 - Ride On Josephine (EllasMcDaniel)*
12 - Little Queenie (Chuck Berry) *
13 - Around And Around (Chuck Berry) -with MJ on vocals*
14 - Let It Rock/Back In The USA (both: Chuck Berry) -with MJ on vocals*
15 - No Particular Place To Go (Chuck Berry)*
16 - Around And Around (Chuck Berry) -with MJ on vocals - mono version *

As usual all the infos are taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf [nzentgraf.de].

This one is well known by Stones fanatics, because of Mick Jagger guesting on two tracks. I already posted a version of it on IORR about two years ago. But how to create this series and miss such an important show?
I made the comparison between the versions I got and the ones I received: the best version which came without a title and no artwork is the best one, because it's a little sound amplified and most of it is speed corrected. It’s the one I uploaded on IORR two years ago (sorry, the lineage is unknown to me). I also found a version of «Around And Around» on a compilation from Jagger’s sidesteps with the same speed correction and a little better sound but in mono: I added it at the end as bonus: so in the end this version is different from the previous posted version.
I did nothing more here except deleting a microgap in the beginning of track 2.
Note that this version is incomplete (see «Night Time») and probably the stage banter between the tracks was edited out.

link valid until 22/12/17
[we.tl]
Posted on IORR [www.iorr.org] StonyRoad in December 2017
next on monday will be Paris 82 (last number for this series)

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 09 - The Hague - 03 June 1982 - With G. Thorogood feat M. Jagger
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 16, 2017 12:24

smileys with beer

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 09 - The Hague - 03 June 1982 - With G. Thorogood feat M. Jagger
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 16, 2017 14:39

thanks a lot.
jeroen

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 16, 2017 15:52

Anothe big THANK YOU Norbert! smileys with beer

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: December 16, 2017 15:55

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 16, 2017 20:05

Thank you!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: December 16, 2017 20:53

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: December 17, 2017 10:21

Thanks

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: December 17, 2017 16:29

Like Chuck, thank you!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 17, 2017 19:23

Thank you again!!
thumbs up

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 17, 2017 21:11

Zagalo
Thank you again!!
thumbs up
I benefit your tapes... I'm happy I can "send you back the escalator"!
norbert

Posted by: finn ()
Date: December 19, 2017 22:28

Thank You so much!

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: June 27, 2020 12:33

Request, Please Repost this, Thanks in Advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 12:35 by KevinM.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: June 27, 2020 15:21

Just relax and wait, I'm working on it

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 27, 2020 16:24

KevinM

I have this:

[wetransfer.com]

MP3 and dont ask me for sources

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: June 27, 2020 22:45

StoneZP
KevinM

I have this:

[wetransfer.com]

MP3 and dont ask me for sources

Thanks @StoneZP!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home