Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 08 - Hampton 18th December 1981- STU with G. Thorogood - version 1 (lossy & lossless)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 14, 2017 18:21

Here you can choose beetween two versions for this show:
this one containt in the first cd, the complete show in better sound quality but lossy and on the second only the lossless files & bonus.
(the second post will be only for lossy files allergics)
Stones Sidesteps: The STU Sidesteps
This is a series of recordings provided by nzb to present the side projects of some of the Rolling Stones (Ian 'Stu' Stewart, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman).
This part of the series is devoted to STU, the only person that can be called the 6th Stone (but in fact he was the 2nd Stone).
Thanks to nzb who provided us his recordings, to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.
………………………………………………………………………………………….

Volume 08:
With George THOROGOOD & the DESTROYERS: Part 1

18th December 1981: GEORGE THOROGOOD and THE DESTROYERS . Hampton Coliseum. Virginia, opening for the Rolling Stones
Line-up: STU* (p)/George Thorogood (gtr, voc)/Bill Blough (bass)/Jeff Simon (dr)/ Hank Carter (sax)
Note: The whole show was filmed.
For this show I began with nzb’s version coming from an audio rip of the NTSC VHS video tape: the sound was good but in lossy format. So I did a request on IORR and received several answers but everytime coming from the same source and lossy. Than Jaap found backstage segments from this show on some DVDs in particuliar « Hampton Coliseum – 18th December 1981 » (WOW – 019) with backstage footage and part of Thorogood's show and « The RSVP Hampton '81 STEREO DTS 5.1 » that contains only 4 tracks from the Thorogood show but in lossless format. So I decided to make two versions for this show: one with the complete show but in lossy format and the other with the incomplete show in lossless format (for the lossy-file -allergics) completed by some backstage warm-ups.
Here the 2cdrs version with both sources
CD1: The complete show coming from the audio rip of the NTSC VHS video tape in lossy format (the sound is surely lossy, due to coming from VHS, but it is not lossy from conversion to mp3 or similar).
Note: It seems that STU didn’t play on all tracks: according to the Nico Zentgraf site he probably only plays on the tracks marked by an asterisk *
01 - The House Of Blue Lights (Don Raye/Freddie Slack) *
02 - Kids From Philly (George Thorogood) *
03 - Who Do You Love (Ellas McDaniel)
04 - Cocaine Blues (T.J. Arnall/Rev. Gary Davis)
05 - House Rent Blues/One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (Trad.)(Rudy Toombs) *
06 - It Wasn’t Me (Chuck Berry) *
07 - Move It On Over (Hank Williams) *
08 - Reelin’ And Rockin’ (Chuck Berry)*
As usual all the infos are taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf [nzentgraf.de]).

CD2: Coming from the audio ripping of the DVDs
- «Hampton Coliseum – 18th December 1981» (WOW – 019). The first part of this DVD is a backstage report at the Hampton Coliseum. I used it for tracks1, 2 and 8. It contained a fragment of Thorogood’s «Move It On Over» that can be heard in the background during KR’s warm-up (track 2).
- « The RSVP Hampton '81 STEREO DTS 5.1 » - this one I used for the 4 tracks from the Thorogood show and Thorogood’s return to the lounge backstage (track 7) with KR warming up (plus Ronnie very low) and Thorogood joining in for the last notes.
01 - intro
02 - backstage lounge with Keith Richards, warming up during the
Thorogood show
03 - House Rent Blues/One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (Trad.)(Rudy Toombs) *
04 - It Wasn’t Me (Chuck Berry) *
05 - Move It On Over (Hank Williams) *
06 - Reelin’ And Rockin’ (Chuck Berry)*
07 - backstage again - KR warming up and Thorogood joins in at the end
08 - return to stage and Stones-intro

link valid until 21:12/17*
[we.tl]
Posted on IORR [www.iorr.org] StonyRoad in December 2017.
vol 09 probably tomorrow still with G T
here the complete textfile (half missing in the original post)
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 08 - Hampton 18th December 1981- STU with G. Thorogood - version 1 (lossy & lossless)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 14, 2017 18:32

Excellent work! Thank you very much Norbert! smileys with beer

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: The STU Side - Vol 08 - Hampton 18th December 1981- STU with G. Thorogood - version 1 (lossy & lossless)
Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: December 14, 2017 18:32

Nice stuff, thank you!

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: December 14, 2017 20:08

Norbert - thanks for another volume - it is much appreciated

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: December 14, 2017 21:02

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: finn ()
Date: December 15, 2017 00:26

Thank You very much!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 15, 2017 10:29

smileys with beer

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: December 15, 2017 15:43

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 16, 2017 17:41

I noticed the infofile was not completem but one can copy it from first post, besides, the info also is in the artwork.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 16, 2017 18:13

stonesmuziekfan
I noticed the infofile was not completem but one can copy it from first post, besides, the info also is in the artwork.
well see Jaap,
I added the complete textfile in the original post
Norbert

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: December 17, 2017 10:20

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home