Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 29, 2017 15:20

Hi everybody,

in case some of you don't know this gem (as I call it), I am happy to be able to repay a little the kindness of so many folks here.

It's a very nice string of interviews with the Stones on tour in 1999. It stands out in comparison to other band interviews with always the same questions by asking really interesting questions. It's beautifully photographed with lots of close ups. Even Charlie reveals more details than he usually does. Hope you enjoy.

Feel free to download it from FileFactory (should be ok until the end of December). 3.2 GB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-29 15:37 by waterrats.

Re: POST: 1999 tour-doku Ginger TV
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 29, 2017 17:39

Thanks a lot waterrats for sharing here this gem with us! smileys with beer

Not sure if this big sized file will work for free users, will try it anyway! drinking smiley

Date: November 29, 2017 17:42

Quique-stone
Thanks a lot waterrats for sharing here this gem with us! smileys with beer

Not sure if this big sized file will work for free users, will try it anyway! drinking smiley

You're welcome.

Well, in case there's a problem, I have a problem... confused smiley

Please tell whether it works or not ...

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 29, 2017 20:20

I just wasted 3+ hours dling this only to get a "corrupt file" message when i try to extract.....I'm sticking with wetrans from now on...

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 29, 2017 21:38

Hi Waterrats I got the same problems: the downloading files is more of 3Gb but when I try to open it I get only a "corrupt" message

Date: November 29, 2017 21:53

detroitken
I just wasted 3+ hours dling this only to get a "corrupt file" message when i try to extract.....I'm sticking with wetrans from now on...

Woah, that's BAD! I'm so sorry!
I'll check it again tomorrow. I have a fine, checked file and will upload it tomorrow.

One last try: if you change (i.e. re-name) the filetype ".zip" to ".mpg" does it then play?
(This could be the case, because I uploaded it quite some time ago for someone and it *could* be I changed the file-ending from mpg to zip for download-reasons ...)

If that doesn't work, don't worry, I'll give you a faster URL tomorrow!
smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-29 21:54 by waterrats.

Date: November 29, 2017 22:15

I had no problem downloading as free user but WinRaR informs a corrupted or damaged file, so the extraction wasn't possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-29 22:16 by Quique-stone.

Date: November 29, 2017 22:49

Quique-stone
I had no problem downloading as free user but WinRaR informs a corrupted or damaged file, so the extraction wasn't possible.

Please, see my post above and just try to RENAME the downloaded file from a *.zip to a *.mpg and then try again to open it with your favourite media player, like VLC or others ...

If that doesn't work, wait until tomorrow - I'll post a clean file!

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: November 29, 2017 23:31

Renaming the file from .zip to .mpg works fine!!

Date: November 29, 2017 23:40

werther2003
Renaming the file from .zip to .mpg works fine!!

Ah, didn't I know it!

Sorry for the confusion, folks! My fault - I just had forgotten that I had renamed that file in 2012... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 30, 2017 02:08

still wont work...

Date: November 30, 2017 04:38

waterrats
Quique-stone

Please, see my post above and just try to RENAME the downloaded file from a *.zip to a *.mpg and then try again to open it with your favourite media player, like VLC or others ...

If that doesn't work, wait until tomorrow - I'll post a clean file!

I did it and it worked, thanks again!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 08:10

as mpg is fine
Thank you
smileys with beer

Date: November 30, 2017 11:15

detroitken
still wont work...

Ok, here comes your emotional rescue: please RIGHT-click on the link here and choose "safe as...". Then, after the download, rename the file from ...zip to ...mpg. Then open it with the media player of your choice and please enjoy! smiling bouncing smiley

Oh, if you want, let me know what you think of that doku!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 30, 2017 16:12

thank you!
Yes, with rename .mpg the file is good

Date: November 30, 2017 16:19

Ok, seems to be working now, hehehe...

I just love these interviews - waddya think of it? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 30, 2017 17:00

still NOT working for me.get the same message i got yesterday....

Date: November 30, 2017 17:07

detroitken
still NOT working for me.get the same message i got yesterday....

... can't be - it MUST work, hehehe.

What did you do? Where did you download from - WeTransfer or the link I wrote above? Are you on MAC or PC?

Date: November 30, 2017 18:06

This sucks ..I'm 0 for 3....I've tried to dl 1 time from your 1st post & 2 times today using your New link...nothing but the same message "corrupt or unrecognized file"....i have a pc....Where is the wetrans link ?

I want to burn this to dvd....not watch it on the computer....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 18:10 by detroitken.

Date: November 30, 2017 19:52

detroitken
This sucks ..I'm 0 for 3....I've tried to dl 1 time from your 1st post & 2 times today using your New link...nothing but the same message "corrupt or unrecognized file"....i have a pc....Where is the wetrans link ?

Wait aminute. If you just rename the file "rs1999GingerTV.zip" into "rs1999GingerTV.mpg" then it should work!!

If it says "corrupt or unrecognized file", then you might have tried to unzip this file. But that's not nescessary. Just change the file extension from .ZIP to .MPG and then you can watch. No problem. The file from the NEW link definitely is valid!

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: November 30, 2017 22:28

Renamed it to mpg and works fine.

However strangely it works fine on VLC and Windows Media Player but on Media Player Classic i get static for sound.

Thanks for the upload much appreciated.

For those who are having issues remember to first save the file on your computer than immediately after downloading it right click it and rename it mpg. Don't try unzipping it before it's not a zipped file.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: November 30, 2017 23:20

thanks, zebulon, for this upload.
enjoyed the interviews and fine pictures! thumbs up

@ THE DON:
Media Player Classic [mpc-hc 1.7.13]
is working fine here,
and so are your vlc and wmp.
maybay check the audio-options?

Date: December 1, 2017 02:24

waterrats
detroitken

Wait aminute. If you just rename the file "rs1999GingerTV.zip" into "rs1999GingerTV.mpg" then it should work!!

If it says "corrupt or unrecognized file", then you might have tried to unzip this file. But that's not nescessary. Just change the file extension from .ZIP to .MPG and then you can watch. No problem. The file from the NEW link definitely is valid!

I tried to rename before extracting..ALL 3 TIMES..DID NOT WORK......I'm over it,maybe i'll see it someday somewhere else...

Date: December 1, 2017 02:27

detroitken
waterrats
detroitken

I tried to rename before extracting..ALL 3 TIMES..DID NOT WORK......I'm over it,maybe i'll see it someday somewhere else...

Are you sure you have certainly renamed it? I mena maybe you have the extentions hidden and then you aren't really changing the extention even renaming the file?

Date: December 1, 2017 02:36

Quique-stone
detroitken
waterrats
detroitken

Are you sure you have certainly renamed it? I mena maybe you have the extentions hidden and then you aren't really changing the extention even renaming the file?

huh ??

Date: December 1, 2017 03:03

detroitken
Quique-stone
detroitken
waterrats
detroitken

Are you sure you have certainly renamed it? I mean maybe you have the extentions hidden and then you aren't really changing the extention even renaming the file?

huh ??

Aja? Ejem? Upa? Epa? confused smiley
Sorry I was trying to help you Ken! This happened to me when I first tried to rename the downloaded file!

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: December 1, 2017 03:26

[quote
----------------------
huh ?? quote]

when downloaded, the file shows

rs1999GingerTV.zip

if you don't see .zip at the end: your extensions are hidden
if so, here is a how to show file extensions

after dowloading don't change the filename,
only change the extension.
that is the last part, after the dot(!):
zip to mpg:

rs1999GingerTV.mpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 03:56 by j.b.goode.

Date: December 1, 2017 04:06

Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 09:59 by THE DON.

Date: December 1, 2017 09:57

j.b.goode
thanks, zebulon, for this upload.
enjoyed the interviews and fine pictures! thumbs up

@ THE DON:
Media Player Classic [mpc-hc 1.7.13]
is working fine here,
and so are your vlc and wmp.
maybay check the audio-options?

@j.b.goode,
After updating my Media Player Classic there was no more static with audio.
Thanks to you i noticed my version was not like yours and that's what made me decide to update my player to your version.

Date: December 1, 2017 09:58

Sorry folks, for all that hassle ... hope it works now and everybody who wants can enjoy the film. >grinning smiley<

I'm really a big fan of this - almost know it by heart, hehehe ...

There really are quite some hilarious moments... smiling bouncing smiley

Example: Charlie says: "Best bum? Mick's I s'pose. He die if he didn't..." - LOL

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home