Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From Alexis Korner To The All Star Band: Vol 2 "Alexis Korner Silver Jubille - part 1" 28th April 1983 feat CW, BW
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 25, 2017 16:24

For the second volume of the series there is an "uncensored" version indeed 2 titles have been officially published (see the tracklist on the textfile below).
If you want the full version "uncensored" send me an email (see my signature).
If you have already recovered the "uncensored" version of volume 1 by sending me a mail on my gmail adress, , you do not have to send me another email: you are on my distribution list and this volume 2 "uncensored" will be sent to you automatically!
Stones Sidesteps: From Alexis Korner To The All Star Band
This is a series of shows provided by nzb to present the side project of some of the Rolling Stones (Ian 'Stu' Stewart, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman), who accompanied and paid tribute to one of the fathers of English blues rock: Alexis Korner.
Thanks to nzb who provided us his recordings, to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Volume 02
“Alexis Korner Silver Jubilee Shows- first part”

28th April 1983: ALEXIS KORNER AND FRIENDS. London, The Marquee
“1958-1983 Silver Jubilee”-concert
Note: The show was broadcast through UK radio (BBC1) ‘In Concert’ on 09.07.1983.

Line-up: Charlie Watts (dr)/Bill Wyman (bass, voc)/Georgie Fame (p)/Alexis Korner (gtr, voc)/ Nico Korner (gtr)/Ruby Turner (voc)/Jaki Graham (bvoc)/ Dick Heckstall-Smith, Willie Garnett & John Picard (horns)

Tracklist:
01 - Alexis Korner introduction
Bring It On Home To Me (Sam Cooke) -Alexis Korner on vocals - removed because official
02 - Country Morning (Benny Gallagher/Graham Lyle) -Georgie Fame on vocals
Money Honey (Jesse Stone) -Alexis Korner on vocals - removed because official
03 - Chopped (John Picard) –instrumental
04 - HoochieCoochie Man (Willie Dixon) -Alexis Korner on vocals
05 - One Room Country Shack (Mercy Dee Walton) -Alexis Korner on vocals
06 - Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price) -BW on lead vocals
07 - Bright Lights, Big City (Jimmy Reed/Mary Lee Reed) -Georgie Fame on vocals
08 - Lucille (Richard Penniman/Albert Collins) -Geno Washington on vocals
09 - Blue Monday (Antoine Domino/David Batholomew) -Ruby Turner on vocals
10 - outro

(infos taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf
[nzentgraf.de]).
Note: « Bring It On Home To Me » and « Money Honey » were released officially on the CD ‘Alexis Korner -The BBC Sessions’ in 1994 so they’re deleted from this version

Here I only amplified the sound a little bit (0,6 to 1 db) and I improved the beginning and end of the cd-r. On “Lucille” I deleted two gaps (at 59 & 61s) and this track was cut in two parts - now it’s restored as a single track.

link valid until 02/12/17
[we.tl]
Posted on IORR by StonyRoad in November 2017

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From Alexis Korner To The All Star Band: Vol 2 "Alexis Korner Silver Jubille - part 1" 28th April 1983 feat CW, BW
Posted by: kobro ()
Date: November 25, 2017 16:43

Thank You very much for all these 3 posts spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From Alexis Korner To The All Star Band: Vol 2 "Alexis Korner Silver Jubille - part 1" 28th April 1983 feat CW, BW
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 25, 2017 17:04

Well done! Many thanks for both versions Norbert! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-25 17:51 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: November 25, 2017 21:23

Thanks Norbert for your work

Posted by: zubbid ()
Date: November 25, 2017 23:03

...AND Georgie Fame & Dick Heckstall-Smith? Where do I sign?

ezekielhubbard@hotmail.com

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: November 26, 2017 11:50

Thanks

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: November 26, 2017 14:12

Thanks. Great work as usual.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 28, 2017 10:22

Also available here
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home