Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: The 2002 Studio Outtakes - Files Up For Trade
Date: November 12, 2017 01:15

Fixed it. Too many backslashes and computer language for IORR's linking's liking, I guess. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 12, 2017 01:28

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Fixed it. Too many backslashes and computer language for IORR's linking's liking, I guess. tongue sticking out smiley

It's the modified and not the original one:
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 08:53 by ReelStone.

It doesn't matter, it's not the main point here anyway!

Date: November 12, 2017 02:24

Quique-stone
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

It's the modified and not the original one:
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 08:53 by ReelStone.

It doesn't matter, it's not the main point here anyway!

Right, but I wanted to save his trade offer here for posterity.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 12, 2017 12:28

ouroux58
If they are as good as 40 licks new studio tracks, you can buried them in your garden.
They are certainly same kind of songs like "Extreme Western Grip" et "Well Well", some jams and nothing more. In the past there was good jams but now, nothing new.
"Le citron est pressé depuis longtemps"!

you´re wrong.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 12, 2017 15:28

Marko, acc. to you it's quality material? Good news!

Posted by: ReelStone ()
Date: November 12, 2017 16:13

Trade with ReelStone. Your guarantee for not having your rare files ending up in an accessible-for-all file sharing website. ReelStone, your trusted trading partner.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: November 12, 2017 16:20

ReelStone
Trade with ReelStone. Your guarantee for not having your rare files ending up in an accessible-for-all file sharing website. ReelStone, your trusted trading partner.

Actually these kind of phony messages make you seem less trustworthy.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 12, 2017 16:37

And to think I just got a few copies of Blinded By Love For Gypsy Kings from VGP for my master tape.
*sigh*

Date: November 12, 2017 16:51

dennycranium
And to think I just got a few copies of Blinded By Love For Gypsy Kings from VGP for my master tape.
*sigh*

"No good deed remains unpunished!" grinning smiley

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: November 12, 2017 17:01

What about trade with a tape of Brian Jones, Dick Taylor, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and the rest of the stones jamming with myself (my beautiful self) on this fabulous song "Scarlet"???
hot smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 12, 2017 19:17

Yeah, Scarlett, that would be something. I still think it could be "PMS" though, see [www.iorr.org]

Another HUGE release would be the 1997 B2B sessions that I'm pretty sure are out there...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 12, 2017 19:29

I'll trade you the rare rehearsals of Turd On The Run.
1. Turd On The Run - Stink Remix
2. Turd On The Run - Sticky Remix
3. Turd On The Run - Smelly Remix
4. Bonus version of I Just Want To See Your Face - When You Step In It Remix.

Date: November 12, 2017 19:29

dcba

well its not jams,.,that i can say.Few songs should have seen light of day..

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: November 12, 2017 21:44

dcba
dennycranium
*sigh*

"No good deed remains unpunished!" grinning smiley
"

"No good deed remains unpublished", surely?

Date: November 12, 2017 22:02

marko
dcba

well its not jams,.,that i can say. Few songs should have seen light of day..

Wow that's very promising! I must admit that - like Ouroux58 - I didn't have the highest hopes for these sessions : the 4 tracks that were released were not exactly memorable.

Not let's hope someone breaks the circle fo confidence and sells his files to DAC! The tape-trading world is like a spy movie : it gets exciting only when the traitor betrays the other characters. grinning smiley

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: November 12, 2017 22:16

ufffff, now I want to listen tho those tracks...

Too bad my collection is not that interesting for trading.

Date: November 13, 2017 00:32

I have a recording of me shouting along to 'Satisfaction'... Surely that's rare!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 13, 2017 02:25

marko
dcba

Hi Marko, Not asking anything else other can you confirm which song titles actually exist. Just great to know what is out there. I respect collectors rights so I am not asking any favours. but to know what actually exists is enough for me.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 13, 2017 03:30

ReelStone

"And have them die on some forgotten hard drive when you do...........A great service to music lovers everywhere, now and in the future" - not - you have a boring tiresome attitude, stashing away what doesn't even belong to you, unlike people here who do as Mick says with boots and who not only "keep 'em cheap" - please see Static in the Attic - track 1 - but give them away ....................do us all a favour mush...........one way or the other.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-13 22:49 by EddieByword.

Date: November 13, 2017 08:54

Tonstone
marko
dcba

Hi Marko, Not asking anything else other can you confirm which song titles actually exist. Just great to know what is out there. I respect collectors rights so I am not asking any favours. but to know what actually exists is enough for me.

They do exist,Just because is first version of Keiths TROUBLE,and it was ok allready 2002.
They could have released a black n blue style album in 2002,8-10 songs and it would have been a good album

Dreams:In my opinion,instant classic
U don´t wanna be me:Nice catchty groove and riff,should have been finished.

good songs,but then they decided to release Forty Licks,propably because it will sell more.But i think in the end,they should have released the album,with
40 licks.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 13, 2017 09:25

Actually "40 Licks" was already set to go (tour and best of) before these sessions took place. Remember the Licks blimp PC when they said that there would be a couple of new tracks and Keith added that the only problem was that they didn't have them yet ? The sessions clearly went better than expected since we got four tracks.

Also some of these tracks have been discussed a few times before here and some were described as being early versions of ABB tracks.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 13, 2017 10:41

Indeed thats how it was,however i think they wasted their energy for 40 licks,they should have released that 8 song set,or should i say,they should have finished it.Bigger Bang sucks a big monkey balls.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 13, 2017 12:14

marko
Tonstone
marko
dcba

They do exist,Just because is first version of Keiths TROUBLE,and it was ok allready 2002.
They could have released a black n blue style album in 2002,8-10 songs and it would have been a good album

Dreams:In my opinion,instant classic
U don´t wanna be me:Nice catchty groove and riff,should have been finished.

good songs,but then they decided to release Forty Licks,propably because it will sell more.But i think in the end,they should have released the album,with
40 licks.

And then they took the four worst songs and released them on a Greatest Hits album?!

Date: November 13, 2017 14:35

Monsoon Ragoon

And then they took the four worst songs and released them on a Greatest Hits album?!

Sounds logical to me... You keep the best material for the next album and you put 4 new "kinda weak" songs on a comp to make sure completists (aka the IORR crowd) will buy it.
Winner! thumbs up

Date: November 13, 2017 14:52

Yes,best material,which should have been worked to be released they were left out from the 40 licks album.

I think 3-4 songs which they left out even no ending up on bigger bang,are far better as an..unfinished song than most of the bigger bang,,which isn´t much to say really.But i think they had something going on-

Date: November 13, 2017 18:15

It's really interesting to see that even late (some say very late) into their career they keep the same policy they had in the 60's : record a bunch of tracks, put some on the upcoming release, keep other for future albums...

I love this band! grinning smiley smileys with beer

Date: November 13, 2017 18:40

The song Dreams is just lovely.Beautiful tune,should have been finished,only whats "wrong" with it,,a bit too much Mick,,not enough Keith,and that continues on ABB...

Posted by: RafaLadilla ()
Date: November 13, 2017 19:00

Hello friends. Is there a download link?
I'm very interested in listening to those songs.

Greetings from Argentina

rafaladiya@gmail.com

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 13, 2017 20:46

Marko, after 1/2 a dozen posts of yours I felt the need to write something.
2 years ago I had a good old friend from Germany visiting me and he said to me something like "I wouldn't even tell you about a tape that I can't give you".

Usually that's the way it works, isn't it? Getting a rare tape means a) keep it private (and rare) and b) don't spread word that you own it.

Now EVERYBODY knows that you have this recordings - sorry, but what is it good for?

I hope I'm not sounding rude but maybe you want to re-think how to handle such a situation?

Chris deleted his post - what is your next step? Posting an upload link?

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 13, 2017 21:09

The problem with stuff like this is that it is expensive to get (and I'm not talking a couple of $100!).

Usually, several collectors put the money together to buy a few tracks and if they are willing to trade, they want something equally rare (and expensive) for it
and don't want their "investment" to appear as a free download.

And no, I'm NOT one of these collectors; they have their own channels and connections. Besides, my wife would kill me if I spent that much on a few songs, LOL!

Sometimes, one of those collectors will do a good friend a favor and send him something rare, on condition to keep it to himself.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the day that rare stuff is leaked and accessible to all of us (like those UC outtakes that were sold(?) by someone to DAC)!

Chris from Belgium

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home