Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

post: from Dime: The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.15)
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: October 18, 2017 18:38

The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.15)

valid 25 oktober 2017

Download link [we.tl]

2017-10-15

This summer my good friend Luciano told me he wanted to see the Rolling Stones in Holland. Only problem was that the concerts in Amsterdam and Arnhem were sold out completely.

The only tickets available were not verified. I won't go into too much details, so to cut a long story short: Luciano bought an expensive but verified premium ticket.

And I bought me a premium ticket about 16 hours before the concert started :-)
Sunday was Luciano's birthday and I must say there were a lot of people at his birthday party at the Gelredome. And "the birthday band" wasn't bad at all!!!
The Premium standing places were good so we were quite close to the stage. For recording it wasn't tops though. If you have a seat you can point the microphone directly at the soundsystem, which results in a clearer sound.

I had to stick the Roland R05 in my breast pocket. (holding it up for two hours is no option)

Standing between people, getting a bit pushed by people who go to the side to get drinks doesn't make your recording better. And you hear much more talking around you then when you're seated

And last but not least: The Gelredome was built primarely for football. Not for concerts like The Ziggodome in Amsterdam. That's why the John Legend concert I shared on Dime sounds much better.

I read in a regional newspaper that people had left the Gelredome early because of "the misarable sound". Given these circumstances my recording turned out "acceptable".

But... if anyone has a better sounding recording; please share it here.
Like always: The recording was made in WAV with my Roland R05, transferred to my HD, edited and modified in Music Cleaning Lab, transferred to FLAC and uploaded here on Dime.

Setlist:

01. Sympathy for the Devil

02. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

03. Tumbling Dice

04. Just Your Fool

05. Mick Jagger talkin' Dutch

06. Ride 'Em on Down

07. Dancing With Mr. D

08. She's So Cold

09. You Can't Always Get What You Want

10. Paint It Black

11. Honky Tonk Women

12. Band introductions

13. Happy

14. Slipping Away

15. Miss You

16. Midnight Rambler

17. Street Fighting Man

18. Start Me Up

19. Brown Sugar

20. Jumpin' Jack Flash

21 The crowd

22. Gimme Shelter

23. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 20:57 by Keessie.

Re: post: from Dime: The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.5)
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:00

Many thanks Keessie and the taper!

Re: post: from Dime: The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.5)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:48

Thanks Bert for recording and sharing!
Thanks Keessie for the WT link!
Of course this show is from 15 Oct. and not 5 as posted here and even on the original post at Dime, just a typo of course.

Re: post: from Dime: The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.15)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 19, 2017 22:03

thumbs up

Re: post: from Dime: The Rolling Stones at Luciano's birthday party (Gelredome, Arnhem, Holland 2017.10.15)
Posted by: eibert ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:56

Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home