Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:14

Pittsburgh 1972 as up on Dime recently ( files not changed! ):

[wetransfer.com]

comments on Dime say, that this is the same source as the old VGP release, but remastered.

LaughingSam did a remaster sometime ago, in case you missed it, here it is again:

[wetransfer.com]

both links valid for one week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 21:05 by Rank Stranger.

Re: POST: Pittsburgh 1972
Posted by: siette ()
Date: September 30, 2017 20:19

LaughingSam link is invalid...

But thx for sharing!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 30, 2017 20:48

I'd say this is exactly LaughingSam's remaster!

BTW, the recording is totally compressed. Not necessarily nice to listen to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-09 16:45 by midnrambler.

Date: September 30, 2017 21:07

siette
LaughingSam link is invalid...

But thx for sharing!

Sorry, should be okay now!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2017 21:26

midnrambler
I'd say this is exactly LaughingSam's remaster! And the new DAC will probably also be the same...

BTW, the recording is totally compressed. Not necessarily nice to listen to.

Yeah during the "quiet" section of "Bitch" (after the solo) Charlie's drums are quite audible... and they sound awful!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 30, 2017 22:01

I have the original version of "Sweet Virginia" here somewhere, but I cannot locate it straight away. Does anybody have this to post here? The version extant is the SB of Forth Worth #2.

Date: September 30, 2017 22:30

Sweet Virginia from Pittsburgh is only available as poor audience recording. The soundboards from VGP etc. patched in another version from Philadelphia or Ft. Worth, don't know exactly which one at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 22:30 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 30, 2017 22:39

2nd Fort Worth

Date: September 30, 2017 23:02

midnrambler
Sweet Virginia from Pittsburgh is only available as poor audience recording. The soundboards from VGP etc. patched in another version from Philadelphia or Ft. Worth, don't know exactly which one at the moment.

Maybe poor by today's unreasonably high standards where if you hear somebody sneeze 50 miles away from the arena it's considered poor... lol

Be that as it may, here's the link to the 'poor' audience recording of Pittsburgh's Sweet Virginia

[we.tl]

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 00:21

Thanks

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 02:17

Are those really soundboards in Pittsburgh? Why the muffled-mic effect in places?

The sadly missed Civic Arena produced some great boots...too bad this one not so much.

Date: October 1, 2017 05:31

andrews27
Are those really soundboards in Pittsburgh? Why the muffled-mic effect in places?

The sadly missed Civic Arena produced some great boots...too bad this one not so much.

It's not the boot, it's the generation of the master tape and what's been done to it on its long way down.

Date: October 9, 2017 16:48

The new DAC Touring Party Vol. 4 is NOT using these overcompressed Laughingsam remasters. It is close to the known recordings and sounds very decent and listenable.

Date: October 9, 2017 17:12

midnrambler
The new DAC Touring Party Vol. 4 is NOT using these overcompressed Laughingsam remasters. It is close to the known recordings and sounds very decent and listenable.

Really? That's a pleasant surprise, maybe I'll even purchase it.
How about Fort Worth? Copy of the Coast2Coast release "Ahmet Ertegun, Thank you kindly" ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 9, 2017 17:27

midnrambler

So it's a genuine upgrade? Good!

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 9, 2017 19:34

midnrambler

Thanks for the info. Is the DAC version posted somewhere?

Date: October 9, 2017 19:37

Erik_Snow
[
How about Fort Worth? Copy of the Coast2Coast release "Ahmet Ertegun, Thank you kindly" ?

Sorry, I don't know because I don't know all these releases. Here is a sample, so you can compare: [we.tl]

Date: October 9, 2017 20:57

"Ahmet Ertegun Thank You Kindly" is in the stonesvault:

[iorr.org]

Date: October 9, 2017 21:13

Rank Stranger
"Ahmet Ertegun Thank You Kindly" is in the stonesvault:

[iorr.org]

It's probably my rip....

Date: October 9, 2017 21:13

midnrambler
Erik_Snow
[

Sorry, I don't know because I don't know all these releases. Here is a sample, so you can compare: [we.tl]

Thanks, mate

Date: October 9, 2017 22:10

Erik_Snow
midnrambler
Erik_Snow
[

Thanks, mate

This sounds really great, allthough Mick Jagger still sounds like he's wearing a nose clip on Don't Lie To Me, don't know if it's the mike/recording or if he had the flu. Meanwhile I do have other bootlegs of this show, I don't have them with me right now, to compare, so I can't say for sure if it's a copy of C2C or a different angle, but in either case - it's terrific, and a real upgrade over "Fort Worth Express"

Date: October 11, 2017 21:34

Erik,
Coming on the heels of what is arguably the worst show of 72 to that date, Mick was a little weirded out by the whole Texas heat experience. He sounds fine. Again, it's the tape the music was recorded onto, and also the stoner in the mobile mixing the whole shebang. If he was... distracted... maybe he wasn't able to do his job correctly?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home