Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 19, 2017 10:29

[we.tl]

I did a quick listen and HTW doesn't skip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-19 14:46 by HEILOOBAAS.

Re: POST: LOS ANGELES FORUM 1972 FIRST SHOW UNKNOWN ORIGIN
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 19, 2017 11:53

Thx!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 19, 2017 14:46

Thanks.

While I don't think this is an improvement over the VGP/DAC bootlegs, it clearly is a different source!

How far is your personal review of the 1972 tour?

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-19 14:51 by Rank Stranger.

Date: September 19, 2017 19:06

Rank Stranger
Thanks.

While I don't think this is an improvement over the VGP/DAC bootlegs, it clearly is a different source!

How far is your personal review of the 1972 tour?

[iorr.org]

It began and ended in Tuscon... smoking smiley I just could pretend I'm Robert "Bobby" Greenfield and fake my way through it...

Date: September 19, 2017 19:12

When was he kicked out of the tour (you wrote it once here). It was so early I couldn't believe it like late June or sth.

He really ahd to bribe those in the know when the STP landed in NYC! >grinning smiley<
"hey man if you tell me what happened during these 3 weeks I give you a big bag of Acapulco Gold!"

Date: September 20, 2017 05:38

Herr Greenfield was kicked off the tour in the early hours of 29th June 1972. Jann 'Ankles Away' Wenner decided to go with Trouby baby as far as splattering the Exile tour all over the magazine. Trouby departed the night before in Tuscaloosa, so here, as in many instances, Greenfield contradicts facts with his soi-disant recollection.

In any case, like a baby monkey having a meltdown, Greenfield spent the month of July doing Heavens knows what; I suspect memorizing the Girl Scout creed.

So, the July portion of STP is drawn from the obvious sources. Look a little beneath the surface at who talks about what and all will be revealed.

However, Greenfield was not relieved of his shiny red STP badge. So he was able to attend the final four shows in New York City, and leave us mortals just stunned by the detail of his coverage.

I have a problem now that it's been 43 years since his book was published. 2017 - 1974... shee, character assassination, not multiplication & division is my strong suit. Just ask my enemies!

But my problem is how emotional Greenfield got about the Exile tour. And not only that, libelling Anita Pallenburg in one of the many excessive and ultimately boring books about the recording of Exile. He stated in writing that Anita gave heroin to one of the domestic staff at Nellcôte, that the domestic told her parents, and the authorities had to get involved. EXCEPT THERE IS NO PROOF OF THIS WITH VILLEFRANCHE POLICE! Nevertheless, various members of those wot lived at Nellcôte at the time were subpoenaed.

And Robert calls himself a friend of the band. He can put that where the monkey put the nuts.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 20, 2017 18:21

Great,thank you very much!

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 20, 2017 19:38

Thanks!

Date: September 20, 2017 20:35

smokeydusky
Thanks!

My pleasure. And thanks for all the great stuff on your site!

Do you have any idea where this source is from? All I have for identification is what's written on the cdr and a big blank memory. I know it's not Erik Snow, nor another fellow from LA.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 06:30

Alguien sabe porqué Greenfield fué expulsado de la gira?

Date: September 21, 2017 11:30

HEILOOBAAS
Look a little beneath the surface at who talks about what and all will be revealed.

Could it be Danny Seymour? He had obvious connections with the inner sanctum of the band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home