Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Answer by me:Tour 2017
Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: September 16, 2017 02:22

Answer by me:

I am a bit saues on the coments of the last week:
Loss or not. I think it comes on the good sound
it's my opinion. When others think differently
they should not take my things for themselves, one asks already here
free and some do not. Shall they do it then
from ? To buy. Whether it is then loss-free is a question. I do not care
(mp3 ..) only the sound must please me.

I have Munich 2017 complete but loss-bearing!

It is not a source, just a collection of private individuals
Tapes and YouTope.

Re: Answer by me:Tour 2017
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 16, 2017 02:32

When are you posting rskinno?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 16, 2017 03:07

For me, lossy is no problem if the sound is good............(I have Flac shows that are rubbish and mp3 that are just fine....

thanks for your efforts rskinno - ex - I hope you will continue to post whatever you can......thanks...smileys with beer

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 16, 2017 03:45

yes, thank you man

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 03:54

You are right. Better a good sounding mp3 than terrible sounding FLAC.
Most of us can't even hear difference between FLAC and mp3.
So thanks for all your work rskinno.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: September 16, 2017 04:23

rskinno...please post munich...

Posted by: mitz72608 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 05:06

Hi,rsKinno

I always appreciate your posting very much.

It's not a problem your sound sorce is lossy or not.
I feel really happy when I can hear a nice downloaded sound.
The point is the sound is nice or not.

I expect your posting !!

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:19

RsKinno. Would be Nice if you upload your munich files. I don't mind if it's not perfect. Is seems that's all there is untill now
Thanks in afvangen

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:04

Let me tell you one experience with .mp3 vs flac. There was a Bob Dylan show a couple years ago that got many good mentions on the internet. The only copy available for download was in .mp3. I waited a week for a flac to emerge (as happens), but none did, so I DL'd the .mp3 and burned it to CD-R. It was a good show, well recorded, but thin sounding with distorted highs as you get from .mp3. An AM radio sound.

About six weeks later, a flac version became available online - it was the same taper and recording, down to track times and start points for tracks. While I was downloading and burning it, I played the first disc of the .mp3 set. As I had heard before, the pre-show applause sounded like an irritating digital hash, not a sea of individual handclaps. Two guys were talking near the taper's mic, but their words were inaudible. When the first flac-to-.wav disc finished burning (I burn at slow speed), I took the old one out and put the new one in the player. The applause sounded natural and lifelike. I could hear every word of what the two guys in the audience said. The music and singing sounded incomparably richer.

I download very few things in .mp3, and burn even less. When I can replace them with flac files, I like to give the .mp3 discs away to people who tell me that they can't hear the difference. A little mean-spirited, I know.

I have downloaded .mp3 music files that are so lossy, they can't be converted to .wav, which means I have to listen to them off my computer hard drive, or make a digital file CD-R that I can only hear in my car CD player (my home player won't play .mp3s on CD-R). .mp3s are for people who want portable listening only - and when I'm on the go, I mostly don't have time to listen to my own music, except in the car.

Even the guy who invented .mp3 says in interviews that he regrets it. Why do you think they call it "lossy"? If even audience noise is more accurate sounding in lossless, then...

In 2015, we got some valuable US Stones show captures on cell phones and other lossy-medium devices, and I'm grateful to have the remastered versions of those - including rskinno's. I'm sure that among 20 HDs of recorded shows, there are some lossy versions converted to flac files that I don't know about (and some that I do know about), since I'm not techy enough to do frequency spectrum analysis.

If a lossy capture is all that's available, or is a better sonic recording than a lossless capture, then I can live with that and be glad for it. But I didn't get into music listening or audio gear, or show collecting on the internet, to be listening to everything (especially studio track boots) at a loss of recorded material.

Thanks again to all those who have put in the time, skill, and taste to remaster lossy show captures into something we can live with and enjoy.

P.S. rskinno - your Hamburg 2017 Stones show is a great piece of work, whatever the medium. As was your Pittsburgh 2015 (I was there, and got searched for recording devices).

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 16:25 by andrews27.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:52

andrews27
Let me tell you one experience with .mp3 vs flac. There was a Bob Dylan show a couple years ago that got many good mentions on the internet. The only copy available for download was in .mp3. I waited a week for a flac to emerge (as happens), but none did, so I DL'd the .mp3 and burned it to CD-R. It was a good show, well recorded, but thin sounding with distorted highs as you get from .mp3. An AM radio sound.

About six weeks later, a flac version became available online - it was the same taper and recording, down to track times and start points for tracks. While I was downloading and burning it, I played the first disc of the .mp3 set. As I had heard before, the pre-show applause sounded like an irritating digital hash, not a sea of individual handclaps. Two guys were talking near the taper's mic, but their words were inaudible. When the first flac-to-.wav disc finished burning (I burn at slow speed), I took the old one out and put the new one in the player. The applause sounded natural and lifelike. I could hear every word of what the two guys in the audience said.

I have certainly no reason not to trust your experience, but I never came across such drastic differences in sound when comparing flacs to mp3s.
Maybe something was wrong with the mp3s in the first place?
Did the same quality drop occur when you changed your flacs to mp3~320?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 13:43 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: September 16, 2017 21:09

rskinno
Answer by me:

I am a bit saues on the coments of the last week:
Loss or not. I think it comes on the good sound
it's my opinion. When others think differently
they should not take my things for themselves, one asks already here
free and some do not. Shall they do it then
from ? To buy. Whether it is then loss-free is a question. I do not care
(mp3 ..) only the sound must please me.

I have Munich 2017 complete but loss-bearing!

It is not a source, just a collection of private individuals
Tapes and YouTope.

Well, I think you didn' t see the problem, rskinno.
It' s not only if an upload is lossy or not. People like me would like to know what they download. Someone stated that your Hamburg upload could be a matrix of two sources. This is something I, and for sure others, would like to know. Because when I share something I would like to tell the other person what he will get.
If you only write
'A Sony recording - Original in WAV with Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 transferred to the computer - split - for you all'
there is nothing said at all. This can be a new source or whatever.
Please just add your sources to the description and everything will be fine. If there is i. e. a YT source used I wouldn' t download it. What others do is their thing. That is no attack for your work, only a small request.
Thank you!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 21:12 by Rolling on.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 16, 2017 21:28

Hallo Herr rsKinno,
I would like to explain you that I wasn't complaining about the sound quality, I just wanted to know exactly what you were sharing with us. I also like to know what I have in my collection!
I quote myself:
"Just to know exactly what we have got here, have you remaster this recording?"
"Jaap, I think we need an answer from Germany (Herr rsKinno) so we know exactly what we have got."
"That's why I'm "calling" rskinno to appear and put some light here!"
"This recording was made with a Sony equipment (rsKinno words: "A Sony recording - Original in WAV with Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 transferred to the computer - split - for you all"), so my guess is that we have another 3rd source here..."

Most of us are very happy that you share your stuff here at IORR.
Vielen Dank Herr rsKinno!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: September 16, 2017 22:05

andrews27

About six weeks later, a flac version became available online - it was the same taper and recording, down to track times and start points for tracks. While I was downloading and burning it, I played the first disc of the .mp3 set. As I had heard before, the pre-show applause sounded like an irritating digital hash, not a sea of individual handclaps. Two guys were talking near the taper's mic, but their words were inaudible. When the first flac-to-.wav disc finished burning (I burn at slow speed), I took the old one out and put the new one in the player. The applause sounded natural and lifelike. I could hear every word of what the two guys in the audience said. The music and singing sounded incomparably richer.

I download very few things in .mp3, and burn even less. When I can replace them with flac files, I like to give the .mp3 discs away to people who tell me that they can't hear the difference. A little mean-spirited, I know.

I have downloaded .mp3 music files that are so lossy, they can't be converted to .wav, which means I have to listen to them off my computer hard drive, or make a digital file CD-R that I can only hear in my car CD player (my home player won't play .mp3s on CD-R). .mp3s are for people who want portable listening only - and when I'm on the go, I mostly don't have time to listen to my own music, except in the car.

Even the guy who invented .mp3 says in interviews that he regrets it. Why do you think they call it "lossy"? If even audience noise is more accurate sounding in lossless, then...

In 2015, we got some valuable US Stones show captures on cell phones and other lossy-medium devices, and I'm grateful to have the remastered versions of those - including rskinno's. I'm sure that among 20 HDs of recorded shows, there are some lossy versions converted to flac files that I don't know about (and some that I do know about), since I'm not techy enough to do frequency spectrum analysis.

If a lossy capture is all that's available, or is a better sonic recording than a lossless capture, then I can live with that and be glad for it. But I didn't get into music listening or audio gear, or show collecting on the internet, to be listening to everything (especially studio track boots) at a loss of recorded material.

Thanks again to all those who have put in the time, skill, and taste to remaster lossy show captures into something we can live with and enjoy.

P.S. rskinno - your Hamburg 2017 Stones show is a great piece of work, whatever the medium. As was your Pittsburgh 2015 (I was there, and got searched for recording devices).

what have you posted in Flac / Mp3 we can use as a comparism ?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:09

* I hope you will continue uploading
Whenever someting is mp3 or mp3 sourced, I will download untill lossless comes along.

Ich wäre auch sauer, wenn ich negative Kommentare bekomme
In diesem Fall ist es nur, dass Sie nicht mp3 oder lossy im Text hinzugefügt haben
Ich habe unwissentlich eine ganze Menge lossy hochgeladen, weil ich nicht wusste, wie man Flac überprüft
so ist es und kann nur sagen, sorry

Thank you for all your posts.
smileys with beer

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:46

Keep posting rskinno, your material is highly regarded by most of us here.

I think what is important is labeling the source of any material so that folks don't download duplicates by mistake. I've done this several times & this wastes my bandwidth which I have to be careful of (I live Down Under)

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:29

mp3 sucks! Music is about beautiful sound. mp3 is not the best sound.

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:52

To exilestones: do you have something better to offer?...

To rskinno: It's been a while since i posted here
Don't listen to cheap people...
I would really like to listen to your Munich work

"Hey People Why Are We Fighting" ?

One love!smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 05:30 by SirMuddy.

Posted by: holsten ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:43

I agree, if you don´t like it just don´t download it and if you already have and don´t like it, you can delete it
I would love the Munich show in mp3 or lossless

gth@comhem.se

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:57

vox12string
Keep posting rskinno, your material is highly regarded by most of us here.

I think what is important is labeling the source of any material so that folks don't download duplicates by mistake. I've done this several times & this wastes my bandwidth which I have to be careful of (I live Down Under)

Totally agree with your words! Labiling and giving as much information as possible will solve most of the disussion here!

Keep them coming Herr rsKinno!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home