Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
FREE CD/ DVD/ VHS COLLECTION
Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:15

Hello All and Thanks for reading my Post. (If this is inappropriate or placed in the wrong place, I trust you folks will let me know!)
My first Stones gigs were in 1972 and I have caught every USA Tour since.
I have wandered these boards for many years, but have rarely posted due to perceived negativity.
I reside on the Hawaiian island of Oahu (near Pearl Harbor) and have been fighting stomach cancer, which now leaves me only a month or two.
I seek no Sympathy, but only a good home for my MASSIVE Stones/ Keith / Woody / Faces / New Barbarians and Associated CD, DVD and VHS Collection. Not looking for money here, just trying to save this material from the dumpster upon my imminent demise (no family or beneficiaries).
This material consists of "factory silver" CDs and Dvds - both Official and Bootlegs.
Regrettably, I have neither the time nor energy to catalogue these items - nor do I have the means to break this material up into parcels or individual titles and lack the financial means to Ship this stuff Out.
I also have a massive Dylan and Who collection that I would hate to have thrown out upon my death.
I guess this is akin to an "Estate Sale", although no "Sale" is involved. If any of you folks are interested / have the means to deal with this Collection, please let me know.
My Gratitude to BV and ALL of you for helping me to remotely "observe" this 2017 Stones activity and I wish you all Peace!

And Please - Keep On Rollin' !!!

Re: FREE CD/ DVD/ VHS COLLECTION
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:26

Good grief, how awful. I feel for you, man. I have a bit of an idea of what you're talking about.

I copied what you said and FB messaged a friend that lives in Honolulu. I'll let you know what he says.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:32

Send It To Me ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:40

Rockman

Send It To Me ....

He cannot ship the items due to his circumstances - somebody has to pick it up on site (Hawaii) ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 01:45 by Irix.

Date: September 14, 2017 01:43

Kindly tell your Honolulu friend to bring a couple of big boxes - there are posters and handbills and books as well (a couple autographed) !
THANKS!

- Allen

Date: September 14, 2017 01:47

ROCKMAN -
Brother, I would if I could.
There is a lot of material that even die-hard collectors would doubtless enjoy!

- Allen

Date: September 14, 2017 01:47

HamburgerToGo
Kindly tell your Honolulu friend to bring a couple of big boxes - there are posters and handbills and books as well (a couple autographed) !
THANKS!

- Allen

OK. I asked him if he couldn't perhaps a friend or some friends could.

Date: September 14, 2017 01:51

GasLightStreet -
My Thanks.
Hopefully your Honolulu friend would appreciate all of this stuff!

- Allen

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:30

I feel for you Allen. I really do. My god how awful.
I can't make a pick-up since I'm in Europe. I would if I could. If you have any interest, you could send me something. Doesn't matter if it's an umpteenth copy of EOMS.... I'm not looking to get my hands on your collection, but if you wanna, you'd know that you've made a fellow fan happy, and that whatever item is sent will have a place in a nice collection that's taken care of properly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Stoneswise, that collection is your legacy. Perhaps it'll make you feel a bit better if you've "spread the love" if you know what I mean.

I plan on doing that when my time comes. It's just such a nice thought that something you've loved, goes out in the world and makes kindred spirits feel whats been part of a person. Being a fan means you'll find a kinship with people around the globe, and that's special and worth holding onto.

Anyway I'm babbling (a few too many vodka and orange juice).
Let me know.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 14, 2017 03:07

JumpingKentFlash!
How I appreciate your thoughts / sentiment.
I have admired your Postings for A Long, Long While...

Brother, PLEASE realize that my Collection is far too unwieldy to break up, and there is no way I can handle Postage on this stuff.

I knew upon Posting that many (most) members are European, but I did not know what else to do.

There are so many versions of EOMS in my hoard, including Eastern European CDs with different mixes and bonus tracks - it boggles the mind.

Kindly understand My Trip, okay?

Thank You, Sir.

- Allen

Date: September 14, 2017 04:02

Allen, my friend said he's interested. How can he find you?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:10

HTG, I know you said you're not looking for sympathy but I just want to wish you peace and comfort. Take care, friend.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:02

My sincere best wishes

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:05

HamburgerToGo
JumpingKentFlash!
How I appreciate your thoughts / sentiment.
I have admired your Postings for A Long, Long While...

Brother, PLEASE realize that my Collection is far too unwieldy to break up, and there is no way I can handle Postage on this stuff.

I knew upon Posting that many (most) members are European, but I did not know what else to do.

There are so many versions of EOMS in my hoard, including Eastern European CDs with different mixes and bonus tracks - it boggles the mind.

Kindly understand My Trip, okay?

Thank You, Sir.

- Allen

I totally understand. And thank you for the kind words brother.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:16

Hey Hamburger, so sad and blue indeed...May God help you, my friend.. . but could you please please arrange a snail mail shipping to NJ, US ?? I'll cover the shipping costs for ya... thanks a lot and gold rings on ya Buddy!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:30

wish you all best.. is all sad.. im sure your collection find a new home... be strong!

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: September 14, 2017 07:36

Aloha, GasLightStreet!
Please feel free to PM me for contact info. (I am in Aiea, overlooking Pearl Harbor).

THANKS!

- Allen

Date: September 14, 2017 07:41

NathanLaze -

How would I manage this?
Mind you, we are talking literally hundreds of CDs, DVDs, books, posters, etc.
This would hardly be an inexpensive undertaking!

Thanks -

- Allen

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: September 14, 2017 08:29

Hey Allen, ok understood-- could you please hold on for a while with your collection to let me think what i can do anyway... hope it'll find itself a new safe & grateful home if a little luck occurs on my side...i need a little time. kindest regards and God Bless You my friend!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:01

Feeling very sad about what's happening to you

Your gesture is awesome.
I wish I could benefit from your collection, but I do not know how to make it possible...

Maybe the lucky fan who will benefit from the transmission will be OK to share some double items...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:27

HamburgerToGo
ROCKMAN -
Brother, I would if I could.
There is a lot of material that even die-hard collectors would doubtless enjoy!

- Allen

Have you thought of contacting the Stones or Bill Wyman as he is well known for collecting rare Stones stuff.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 12:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:30

Hey HamburgerToGo .... can you please list a few of your top Stones rarities

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:35

A sad story; and such a nice gesture, within this small universe of IORR stones fans.

I hope a battle doesn't begin over your collection; that's not what you need right now! Pass it along to a worthy fan on here, via the least intrusive method possible for you.

Don't worry about cataloging it or breaking it up into small pieces as some are requesting you do, just take care of yourself and stay comfortable.

Maybe as part of the deal, in return for this "inheritance," you can ask that the recipient share the full list on a post here to ensure your legacy lives on at IORR!

And in the meantime, if your up for it, why not share some of your own Stones memories/experiences with us?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 16:41 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 22:30

terribly sad post, maybe an auction for charity would be an option.

once a rolling stone always a rolling stone.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: September 14, 2017 22:58

Sorry to hear this.

Lovely gesture HTG and I hope your collection finds a worthy home and makes some fan very happy.

I am in the UK so can't help but wish you all the best.

May the good lord shine a light on you.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 15, 2017 00:35

Sad post.

I can't help since I'm in Europe, but I wish you all the best.

Date: September 15, 2017 00:40

HalfNanker -

You made an excellent point, particularly with all the Weirdness and Negativity that seems to infect these boards.
I appreciate your input and am trying to work this out as seamlessly as possible. (Perhaps posting the situation Here was not the best move on my part. There is another option, which someone else helpfully suggested.)

Aloha and Mahalo Plenty!!

All The Very Best to you and yours.

- Allen

Date: September 15, 2017 00:51

EddieByword -

I appreciate your suggestion and have been in contact with someone in the industry who lives on a neighboring island when not touring. I have agreed not to mention the identity (or username) without explicit permission, but said individual has been musically active since the late '60s and doubtless has connections in the Biz.

We'll see what happens.

Thank You!

- Allen

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 15, 2017 00:58

HamburgerToGo ->

While I truly hope that we here at IORR can collectively come up with a means to enable you to share your collection with future generations, I really just wanted to stop by and say thank you for shining a bit of brightness into this little corner of the internet. The thoughtfulness and graciousness towards others that you displayed have been in short supply around here recently and are truly admirable regardless of the situation which led you to expressing them.

I wish for you days full of sunshine, nights of beautiful moon & starlight and soothing ocean breezes to keep the air singing you joyous song of peace... At least until it's time to crank up some Stones tunes!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 15, 2017 01:00

My most immense gratitude to All who have replied with their well-wishes and suggestions.
There IS innate Goodness and Decency amongst this Group - it just seems that often it seems to get drowned out by louder, more negative voices.

Thanks, Everyone!

- Allen

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home