Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DAC-180 Mad Shadows,anyone?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:09

Found this,while i was just looking artworks.

[www.giginjapan.com]

Re: DAC-180 Mad Shadows,anyone?
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:51

= copy of the two Scorpio titles "Mad Shadows - Old Masters Vol. III" and "Time Trip Vol. 5".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 12, 2017 20:09

midnrambler
= copy of the two Scorpio titles "Mad Shadows - Old Masters Vol. III" and "Time Trip Vol. 5".

Yes but on DAC-180 the tracks are speed-corrected when necessary e.g. the GHS outtakes that never were presented at the right speed (they were running too fast on "Mad Shadows").

Scorpio was great at unearthing new tapes but bad at at presenting the music in its optimum form.

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: September 13, 2017 01:02

I just got this one in the mail! Haven't been able to give it a full listen yet, only checked out a few of the tracks on disc one so far. The GHS tracks sound great. Criss Cross Man is the complete version with saxophone coming in on the first verse.
I'm not sure I can upload it to Dime because some of the tracks (i.e., Good Time Women) may be considered official releases.
However, I would be happy to hook someone up with a flac copy, if they would then upload it to We Transfer for others to enjoy.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 13, 2017 01:17

JohnnySnapps
I just got this one in the mail! Haven't been able to give it a full listen yet, only checked out a few of the tracks on disc one so far. The GHS tracks sound great. Criss Cross Man is the complete version with saxophone coming in on the first verse.
I'm not sure I can upload it to Dime because some of the tracks (i.e., Good Time Women) may be considered official releases.
However, I would be happy to hook someone up with a flac copy, if they would then upload it to We Transfer for others to enjoy.

Cheers! smileys with beer
Excellent news! Thanks in advance! And enjoy your brand new DAC release!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 13, 2017 09:33

Enjoy the release and will be happy to help put it on WT and Mega when you're ready !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:28

JohnnySnapps
I would be happy to hook someone up with a flac copy, if they would then upload it to We Transfer for others to enjoy.

Thx a lot for the offer and Coowouters is the man for the job :
[iorr.org]

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:14

If someone has a link for download --> can I get this???

Rock`s off

Andreas

(MJAGGER123)

Date: September 14, 2017 01:36

Coowouters and gotdablouse, you've got mail! Please share as soon as you can.

While most of this release is already available elsewhere, there are a few gems which, to my knowledge, have not seen wide circulation, including:

Dancing with Mr. D - every other boot with this version has a skip/cut around 1:13 into the song. Not this one! It is complete!

Criss Cross III - The only other boot I have seen this version on is "Alternates" (Outsider Bird 4591). That version fades out after 1:31. This time it is complete!

Honky Tonk Women - This is the version with the "boulevards of Paris" verse. This is the best version of this I have ever heard!

Mother's Little Helper - This is the early version that popped up briefly last year.

19th Nervous Breakdown - The 'early vocals' version, but with an additional guitar part! I think this appeared at the same time as MLH above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 01:36 by JohnnySnapps.

Date: September 14, 2017 01:43

midnrambler

The Scorpio "Mad Shadows" has the 1:32 version of Criss Cross, so this is definitely an upgrade.
Not sure if Dancing with Mr. D on this title has the cut at 1:13 or not. Can anyone who has the Scorpio version check on that?

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:11

With many, many thanks to "JohnnySnapps" for sending me this one to put up here on IORR.
Please let me know if there's indeed "official" material on this release. If there is, I will take down the link and you can mail me (click on my username for my e-mail address), with "Mad Shadows" in the subject line.

I will also make a new post with this information.

Here's the WT link (artwork is included), valid 7 days from the date of this post:

[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 00:38

Thanks Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home