Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST Undercover outtakes/sessions all the cd´s whats available.
Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 12, 2017 12:12

All are remastered.I upload files during night,so my internet doesn´t get too crowded smiling smiley I´m actually hoping that someone would do Undercover sessions in proper order,now they are messed all over different labels,cd´s,vinyls etc..hard to remember which version was where and same versions on many releases.
I find undercover album very interesting,its their last actual studio work,it changed after Undercover,Mick started to bring ready songs into studio,to save money from studio time.On voodoo lounge they sort of tried the old working ways,but it didn´t get to the goal.And Undercover album was the last one with their classic style,very modern and underrated work.

Lineage is my usual

Yamaha cd-player-makamichi tapedeck(i use it as master and balancing the channels)-Sony standalone burner(twin deck and audio cd´s only)-Dbpoweramp-wave files-you

Going mad&wild:[mega.nz]

Pain of love VGP:[mega.nz]

Undercover outtakes Vol.1(ROGUE label):[mega.nz]

Undercover outtakes Vol.2:[mega.nz]

Pain Of love DAC-107:[mega.nz]

Think you like it DAC-109:[mega.nz]

Chainsaw massacre DAC-110:[mega.nz]

All Mixed up DAC-111:[mega.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 12:15 by marko.

Re: POST Undercover outtakes/sessions all the cd´s whats available.
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 12, 2017 13:26

I think at the moment you need only the new Goldplate 6CD and DAC-182 to get every released outtake so far. Corrections welcome.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: August 12, 2017 15:47

"All are remastered". How? Are you an audio engineer? Was it remastered professionally? No offense meant, but there are so much tone-deaf audio engineers on this board and of every recording the Stones made some fan decided they could "remaster" it better by boosting high's and low's. Hence my question: what did you do to make them better than the original?

Date: August 12, 2017 17:00

I use analog audiosystem,only digital is the audio cd.No computer programs,just read the lineage.And its up to evryones ears/hearing whats better or not.I´ve been doing this my "way" more than 20 years now,but still we all hear things differently.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 12, 2017 17:35

gimme_shelter
"All are remastered". How? Are you an audio engineer? Was it remastered professionally? No offense meant, but there are so much tone-deaf audio engineers on this board and of every recording the Stones made some fan decided they could "remaster" it better by boosting high's and low's. Hence my question: what did you do to make them better than the original?

I second that, gimme_shelter.

He just downgrade the recording by a transfer through a cassette.

I am not aware of a cassette deck that could improve a recording.
The best cassette deck ever built, the Nakamichi Dragon is great, but will never improve an audio recording.........Never.

Then he play with an equalizer.

And suddenly, he thinks he's the new Steve Hoffman.

Voilà.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 12, 2017 20:57

I prefer the original cd's. Not a fan of remasters myself.
But don't let that stop anybody who likes this.

Good question gimme_shelter.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 13, 2017 00:32

Cheers Marko - thanks for your efforts.............smileys with beer

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: August 14, 2017 02:59

marko
I use analog audiosystem,only digital is the audio cd.No computer programs,just read the lineage.And its up to evryones ears/hearing whats better or not.I´ve been doing this my "way" more than 20 years now,but still we all hear things differently.

I do also think that everyone may remaster what they want to.....But please let me say one thing, marko.

Please DON'T use the "Original" TITLES, the "Original" Cat.# and the "Original" ARTWORKS as they are, when you share your remasters. Because sharing and spreading your remaster without any credits on, and using original titles, cat.# and artworks for them, cause big confusions for those who need the "original" music files of the "original" bootlegs. sad smiley

:Re: POST Undercover outtakes/sessions all the cd´s whats available.
Date: August 14, 2017 03:16

Are there links of marko's remasters without credits which mention that they are the remastered versions by him, in Stonesvault links? confused smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 14, 2017 16:45

Marko,
Thanks for your efforts.

For all of you who are "pushing back" at remastering?
To remaster something one can only start with the source material they start with.
If I recall correctly, a lot of these Undercover sessions were of varying quality.

They probably started out as analog on cassette.
The cassette has limits to what frequencies it can process.
That doesn't mean you can't enhance or improve the sound quality.

A Nakamichi deck was the reference to go by when cassettes were popular.

Also, the human males lose their ability to hear the higher frequencies in music.
That's why we love subwoofers!
We also can develop an inability to hear the vocals in a track.

So, I appreciate Marko's efforts at trying to make the tracks sound as good as they can.
It's a lot of time to mix tracks and it's a lot of tweaking. Sometimes, it's second by second because the analog tape may have stretched, or the original tape wasn't recorded at a proper speed, too fast or too slow.

Maybe I'm fortunate in that I have 1000 MBS (gigabit) internet. It took me only a few minutes to download the zip files. I'll unzip them and archive them on my Rolling Stones 4TB hard drive.

Now, my next comment should be considered as "tongue in cheek."
I just wish everybody who shares their music with us would name the track, the band, and the album in the ID tag. Having to check the artwork and rename the tracks is such a chore! :-)

Thanks again, Marko. Your efforts are appreciated!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:50

Re Pain of love VGP-052 :
thx I never realized all the songs on that one run at the wrong speed (too fast).
The VGP crew was still in their infancy at that time so they can be forgiven grinning smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 14, 2017 18:21

dcba
Re Pain of love VGP-052 :
thx I never realized all the songs on that one run at the wrong speed (too fast).
The VGP crew was still in their infancy at that time so they can be forgiven grinning smiley

I loved VGP. They released some great stuff.

I remember having this title. The fact that nobody at VGP was familiar with the Undercover studio release shows a cavalier attitude towards the material.

They may have just rushed it out, too.

Date: August 15, 2017 03:19

keithpinkmoon
marko

I do also think that everyone may remaster what they want to.....But please let me say one thing, marko.

Please DON'T use the "Original" TITLES, the "Original" Cat.# and the "Original" ARTWORKS as they are, when you share your remasters. Because sharing and spreading your remaster without any credits on, and using original titles, cat.# and artworks for them, cause big confusions for those who need the "original" music files of the "original" bootlegs. sad smiley

To clarify what I mean "cause big confusion" above, please read here [iorr.org]

This was my own experience.

Does anyone have opinion about it? Of course marko, could you please know me your opinion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 03:21 by keithpinkmoon.

Date: August 15, 2017 04:48

Dudes,i don´t use cassettes,just the Nakamichi tapedeck itself,just because its easier balance the channels.Also I don´t have time to make my own artwork.I rarely share anything now,but because this undercover sessions is now "hot" i decided to share something,but no more for a while,enough of links for different collections.
Audio cdr´s are always better than piles of files or regular cdr

Date: August 15, 2017 05:55

Hi marko.
I don't mean that you should make your own artwork. Even if it (= your remaster) didn't have a new artwork, it's OK and has no problem at all.

Please let me say again.
What I wanted to tell you is that when you share your remaster into internet, please don't use (it's very simple) the original title, the original catalog number, and the original artwork as it is.
Because, using those originals for remastered work without change or without adding a credit (for exapmle, [Marko's Remastered version]), will make the confusion such as [iorr.org]....

Could you understand me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 06:02 by keithpinkmoon.

Date: August 15, 2017 06:40

dcba
Or pick it here :
[www.iorr.org]

Actually, the link for [DAC 066 1973.09.28 1st+2nd Munich At Least] in Stonesvault above, is the link for your remastered version. And it still be there with the original title, catalog number and artworks, but WITHOUT any mention that it is your remaster. How can people find out that it is your remaster? untill finish downloading to open the zip file?
Fortunately this zip file includes your info file that explains....

"Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:15

Original Cd "Munich at least"--nakamichi tapedeck--harman&kardon 20 channel equalizer
--sony standalone burner--Dbpoweramp--flac--win rar-megaupload--you"

but this is the only point by which we can know it is not the original DAC boot, but is your remastered work.

And then, Unfortunately, these links of Undercover related stuffs in your first post of this thread don't have even such a info file which mention it is your remaster....So, onece these files have left this thread and spreaded over the internet world, HOW CAN WE KNOW IT WAS YOUR REMASTER???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 07:31 by keithpinkmoon.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 18, 2017 07:01

I haven't heard these remasters above BUT every remaster Marko has don't that I have are far better than what came before it.

Thanks, Marko!

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: August 19, 2017 21:22

Many thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2017 23:33

Thanks

Date: August 20, 2017 00:41

Well, remastering and sharing it are always appreciated.

However....Am I the only person who feels that the serious problem exists in the way of sharing by marko ?
Does everybody really think it's OK ???

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 20, 2017 10:45

For me it's ok
I put them in a folder marked Marko's Remasters

smileys with beersmileys with beerRe: POST Undercover outtakes/sessions all the cd´s whats available.
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 20, 2017 12:24

remastering like marco is time consuming and hard labour.
marco, thanks for your efforts, much appreciated!

the way of sharing: it's ok.

understand what you're saying,
here on iorr there's no problem.:
remastering is always noted at his posts.

if you want to check:
use the search button,
- search message=post
- search authors=marko
- forums=buy/sell/trade

so it's only a problem by
downloading a file found outside iorr on a slow internet connection,
and than find out it's not what you're looking for & you don't like it.

'big confusion', 'serious problem'........pfffffff

my suggestion @ the stonesvault:
rename the remaster by putting remastering at the end, for instance
"pain of love vgp-marko rem."

dennycranium:
"......name the track, the band, and the album in the ID tag. Having to check the artwork and rename the tracks is such a chore! :-)"
if not possible for the uploader, for whatever reason, let a renamer and/or tag renamer do the job!

Date: August 21, 2017 05:40

j.b.goode
remastering is always noted at his posts.

if you want to check:
use the search button,
- search message=post
- search authors=marko
- forums=buy/sell/trade

so it's only a problem by
downloading a file found outside iorr on a slow internet connection,
and than find out it's not what you're looking for & you don't like it.

'big confusion', 'serious problem'........pfffffff

my suggestion @ the stonesvault:
rename the remaster by putting remastering at the end, for instance
"pain of love vgp-marko rem."

Have searched them.
Wow! There are already TOO MANY!!!

How could we know how many and which titles of marko's remastered works, WITHOUT indicating that they are the remastered stuffs, are linked in the stonesvault???

And is it possible to check and rename them all @ the stonesvault??? (or anyone of you who are OK with marko's way of sharing won't do it?)

What a hard job it is!?? Simply, "WOW!".... For me, at least, it seems to be a 'serious problem'. Of course, you can laugh at me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 05:44 by keithpinkmoon.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 21, 2017 08:44

"Have searched them.
Wow! There are already TOO MANY!!!"
search: Pain of love VGP
author: marko
forum: buy/sell/trade
results: 1

"How could we know how many and which titles of marko's remastered works, WITHOUT indicating that they are the remastered stuffs, are linked in the stonesvault???
And is it possible to check and rename them all @ the stonesvault??? (or anyone of you who are OK with marko's way of sharing won't do it?)"
all in one folder.
stonesvault:
"....put them in a folder marked Marko's Remasters...."

What a hard job it is!?? Simply, "WOW!".... For me, at least, it seems to be a 'serious problem'.
you made that very clear, persistent

"Of course, you can laugh at me"
........pfffffff, don't make it such a big deal

Date: August 21, 2017 18:00

I will share Hampton-75 next,i remastered my old "remaster" which was directly from lowgen audiotape.I speed corrected it and cleaned,sort of cleaned my old remaster.I think it sounds good now.

Date: August 21, 2017 20:04

j.b.goode
"Have searched them.
Wow! There are already TOO MANY!!!"
search: Pain of love VGP
author: marko
forum: buy/sell/trade
results: 1

"How could we know how many and which titles of marko's remastered works, WITHOUT indicating that they are the remastered stuffs, are linked in the stonesvault???
And is it possible to check and rename them all @ the stonesvault??? (or anyone of you who are OK with marko's way of sharing won't do it?)"
all in one folder.
stonesvault:
"....put them in a folder marked Marko's Remasters...."

What a hard job it is!?? Simply, "WOW!".... For me, at least, it seems to be a 'serious problem'.
you made that very clear, persistent

"Of course, you can laugh at me"
........pfffffff, don't make it such a big deal

There is only one? Are you kidding?

If the rule of sharing and the quality of the vault were not the big things, Alright, have it one's own way! I don't give a f@ck.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 22, 2017 08:02

My friend Dan writes:

Keep me posted on Marko's 1975 Hampton VA 'remaster'.

A lot of 'haters' and complainers on this thread. ALOT of Assumption, bitching towards a guy trying to give them an honest effort at possibly improving material we all seemingly love to collect and talk about.

P.S. NO MORE Phila on the 1981-1982 wardrobes thread : )

Dan,

We can never have too much Philly 1981! Start your own thread and put what you want in it! If you find anything Philly 1981, lmk!! ;0)

Date: August 22, 2017 08:10

I could do 1981 tour again smiling smiley But i have to think about it,as I think i´m on a pension now,enjoying my own work(which seems never be ready).I´m more working on my model railroad which is going to be East Germany in 1990,year after the wall.All my powers goes to that mostly,but now i´m waiting on some "parts" which will be available as late as october...so i might have some more time for music.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home