Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: DAC, eat this: Post: UC sessions, all 8 tracks completegrinning smiley
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 3, 2017 19:14

silkcut1978_
gotdablouse
Thanks to all the kind souls involved!

silkcut1978_
henrik87
DAC just steals when someone posts here.
Imagine you have some rarity and share it for free on iorr which is good for the fans. After two days you will notice that DAC sells a CD with your upload and makes big bucks out of it.

They regularly did this with recordings or matrix sources I uploaded here or on dime.

It is a great move by Chris and Mr. D! They piss off DAC, make a lot of fans on iorr happy and also put a shame on the person who sold to iorr which he wasn't allowed to!

The times of "making big bucks" is long gone, isn't it? Only very few people still buy and collect CDs anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the GREAT upload to everybody involved though I can understand that a few people might be very angry in case they spent big bucks when buying the tape.. I hope I'll be still alive when maybe the 40 Licks-tracks will see the light of the day one day :-)

Remember when you said you'd share one rare track in your possession (At least "Open The Door To Your Heart (Dirty Work), She Was Hot (very early version, probably Mick on drums), My Girl (no-strings version)" for every unknown track that appeared? Still time to make good on that promise ;-)

You have a very good memory, to say the least ;-)

"She Was Hot" is already out (Virchow-tape) but yes, I didn't share it...

The amount of things you have shared is staggering boss. Your vinyl rips are legendary! Thanks for them

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 3, 2017 20:01

Munichhilton

The amount of things you have shared is staggering boss. Your vinyl rips are legendary! Thanks for them

I have a special fondness the low-gen copy of Freezer's recording of the opening show of 75. If it irated him the way it did it means your copy was very close to the Master tape. winking smiley

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 3, 2017 21:05

dcba
I have a special fondness the low-gen copy of Freezer's recording of the opening show of 75. If it irated him the way it did it means your copy was very close to the Master tape. winking smiley

Speaking of Freezer, I happen to have a cd here on my desk with the title "FREEZER #1" (This morning, I was looking in the attic for something and while searching I stumbled on this CD). Do you happen to know what it is?

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 21:27 by coowouters.

Date: August 3, 2017 21:12

dcba
Munichhilton

Ronnies first Stones show. One of silks low gens...plus the Master Atlanta 75...wonder if that's freezer

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 3, 2017 21:48

Anybody has San Antonio in the attic?

Date: August 4, 2017 00:29

Monsoon Ragoon

Freezer supposedly taped it. Through PM's he sent me enough details about his tre[k] to SA to let me believe he actually did it.

He also supposedly sent a cd-r of the recording to a Mod of TTD (with the request to not circulate it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 10:24 by dcba.

Date: August 4, 2017 00:32

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

Freezer supposedly taped it. Through PM's he sent me enough details about his trel to SA to let me believe he actually did it.

He also supposedly sent a cd-r of the recording to a Mod of TTD (with the request to not circulate it).

What's the secret of these shows - why are they "hidden"? It's not very likely that there's a rarer track than Dance Little Sister or Sure The One You Need. Or did they really try Time Watis For No One? The setlists on setlist.fm are speculation, they are probably not, but could be true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 00:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: August 4, 2017 01:59

Monsoon Ragoon
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

Freezer supposedly taped it. Through PM's he sent me enough details about his trel to SA to let me believe he actually did it.

What's the secret of these shows - why are they "hidden"? It's not very likely that there's a rarer track than Dance Little Sister or Sure The One You Need. Or did they really try Time Watis For No One? The setlists on setlist.fm are speculation, they are probably not, but could be true.

I think the only secret of these shows is that they are rumored to exist. There is no way that on their first tour without him they played Mick Taylors opus with Ronnie Wood. Chords and solo....they never even hinted at interest of playing it before or after. It's easy to claim something that salacious when no recorded evidence exists...hours and hours of rehearsals in Montauk, Rotterdam and not even an attempt of this song? Maybe they attempted Worried About You but it's very very doubtful coming from the source of the rumor

Date: August 4, 2017 10:11

Munichhilton
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

I think the only secret of these shows is that they are rumored to exist. There is no way that on their first tour without him they played Mick Taylors opus with Ronnie Wood. Chords and solo....they never even hinted at interest of playing it before or after. It's easy to claim something that salacious when no recorded evidence exists...hours and hours of rehearsals in Montauk, Rotterdam and not even an attempt of this song? Maybe they attempted Worried About You but it's very very doubtful coming from the source of the rumor

If Wayne Perkins was there (which was also rumoured) that would make sense. The track was nearly finished at the time.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 4, 2017 12:57

I've been in contact to Freezer before we became "worst friends". He was asking for a Doors-show he attended (but not recorded) - he knew the taper but that guy never gave away his recording. It seems that guy tried to make big money with his recording but Freezer never wanted to spend money on it.

So I got in touch with somebody who was interested in releasing both San Antonio-shows on 4 CDs (remember, that was about 10 years ago when the bootleg-market was still huge) and we agreed that I'm going to offer $5.000 for the Doors-show.

Before I did I finally told Freezer "you get the Doors-show, I'll get the San Antonio-shows") and from that point onwards everything was a mess. Freezer got into his well-known "disturbed human being"-mode (sorry, R.I.P. anyway) and I wasn't even answered my question if "Time Waits For No One" was played ("how can you allow yourself to ask at all").

Anyway, if it was Freezers last will that the Mod of TTD should keep the tapes private, we will probably never know :-(

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 21:57

I would be very interested in hearing those uncirculated tracks gotdablouse mentioned (are they all DW era)?

Date: August 4, 2017 22:02

There are some hours of rehearsals from Paris 85 recorded from outside. I think they're unreleaseable. I don't have the tapes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 22:06 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: August 5, 2017 07:20

coowouters
dcba

Speaking of Freezer, I happen to have a cd here on my desk with the title "FREEZER #1" (This morning, I was looking in the attic for something and while searching I stumbled on this CD). Do you happen to know what it is?

Hi Chris
I guess it is some kind of a compilation of samples coming from different shows Freezer taped. He made it himself. Have the artwork somewhere in the cellar...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 5, 2017 13:29

fortilix
coowouters
dcba

Hi Chris
I guess it is some kind of a compilation of samples coming from different shows Freezer taped. He made it himself. Have the artwork somewhere in the cellar...

Meanwhile I found some time and it's indeed a compilation.
There's just one track I can't identify, maybe someone can help?

Freezer #1 - track 12
WT link valid until August 12th:

[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 5, 2017 13:52

Track 12 It's " Ain't that loving you baby " ( Jimmy Reed )

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 5, 2017 14:03

12. studio rehearsal

info & artwork freezer #1:
delights from the freezer (freezer's choice #1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-05 14:07 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: August 5, 2017 14:51

For "Delights From The Freezer" see also "Any Port In A Storm Revisited" VGP 308:

Bonus tracks on CD 2 are taken from "Delights From The Freezer" (Freezer’s choice #1):
06 Fanfare For The Common Man / Honky Tonk Women (Baton Rouge, June 1, 1975)
07 Dance Little Sister (Baton Rouge, June 1, 1975)
08 You Gotta Move (Cleveland, June 14, 1975)
09 Fanfare For The Common Man / Honky Tonk Women (Jacksonville, August 2, 1975)
10 Jumping Jack Flash (Jacksonville, August 2, 1975)
11 It's Only Rock'n Roll / Band Introductions (Louisville, August 4, 1975)
12 Sweet Little Sixteen (New Orleans, July 13, 1978)
13 Ain’t That Loving You Baby (Culver City, April 13, 1979)
14 Take The A Train / Under My Thumb (New Orleans, December 5, 1981)

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: August 9, 2017 04:56

Any chance for a re-up?

File no longer being hosted it seems...

Date: August 9, 2017 14:13

dac 181 eats it...
still 5 days remaining!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 17:30

Mathijs

There's about 20 or so tapes in tape trading circles available with 1977 to 1985 material that has only been partially released (Foxes in the Boxes) or posted on this board. My guess is that there is at least sufficient (and interesting) material for another 5 to 7 single CD's that will be released one day or the other.

Mathijs

Do you have further information on the tapes? In another thread you wrote that they were sold on eBay 5 years ago.

Would be very interested in hearing the rest...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 10, 2017 18:15

Would be nice to have a nice looking cover for this great download which I put on a CD. Is there any? Did I miss it?

- The Golden Mile 00:08:15
- Christine 00:02:23
- Dance Mr K (instr. take of Still In Love) 00:02:13
- Forty (or Flirty) 00:04:28
- Heartbeat 00:03:15
- Identification 00:06:41
- In Your Hand 00:04:41
- Run And Take (instr. take of I Love You Too Much) 00:03:29
- All About You (Train Song) 00:04:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-10 18:16 by RipThisBone.

Date: August 10, 2017 18:23

RipThisBone
Would be nice to have a nice looking cover for this great download which I put on a CD. Is there any? Did I miss it?

- The Golden Mile 00:08:15
- Christine 00:02:23
- Dance Mr K (instr. take of Still In Love) 00:02:13
- Forty (or Flirty) 00:04:28
- Heartbeat 00:03:15
- Identification 00:06:41
- In Your Hand 00:04:41
- Run And Take (instr. take of I Love You Too Much) 00:03:29
- All About You (Train Song) 00:04:24

Run And Take is not new. It first appeared in the 90s on the All Mixed Up-releases as I Can't Help It. (Or is it a new take?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-10 18:24 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: August 10, 2017 19:34

It's not a new take but "I Love You Too Much" V (aka "Run And Take") is offered here in the best possible quality.

Date: August 10, 2017 21:43

dcba
It's not a new take but "I Love You Too Much" V (aka "Run And Take") is offered here in the best possible quality.

It was thrown in as I Can't Help It #5 on the five cd set Girls Pills & Powders but I don't hear any chord structure that resembles Love You Too Much. I think it's a separate riff idea and I've always loved it!

Date: August 10, 2017 22:11

Munichhilton
dcba

It was thrown in as I Can't Help It #5 on the five cd set Girls Pills & Powders but I don't hear any chord structure that resembles Love You Too Much. I think it's a separate riff idea and I've always loved it!

For me it is another song too which has little, but not nothing to do with the track now called I Love You Too Much. It's more an idea than a song anyway.

Date: August 10, 2017 22:14

Same song, slightly different approach/tempo through the years. It ended up on SOME GIRLS DE LUXE titled I Love You Too Much.

The chorus goes: I can't help it but I love you too much.

Date: August 10, 2017 23:58

RipThisBone
Same song, slightly different approach/tempo through the years. It ended up on SOME GIRLS DE LUXE titled I Love You Too Much.

Which Some Girls Deluxe?

Date: August 11, 2017 00:19

Date: August 11, 2017 00:29

Monsoon Ragoon
RipThisBone

Which Some Girls Deluxe?

thumbs down The OFFICIAL ONE baby... smileys with beer

Thanks J.B. Goode... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 00:32 by RipThisBone.

Date: August 11, 2017 13:23

RipThisBone
Monsoon Ragoon
RipThisBone

Which Some Girls Deluxe?

thumbs down The OFFICIAL ONE baby... smileys with beer

Thanks J.B. Goode... grinning smiley

That was a joke ;-)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home