Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs
Posted by: Robertito ()
Date: July 14, 2017 21:42

Any of you will have these bootlegs to share?

HAMPTON'81 The Swingin' Pig [TSP-CD-100-2]

HAMPTON'81 Dandelion [DL 034-035]

robertito@outlook.com.ar

Thank you very much

Re: Bootlegs
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: July 14, 2017 23:22

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 10:14 by Rolling on.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 15, 2017 09:50

I thought it was officially released...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 15, 2017 12:19

Monsoon Ragoon

It's officially released.
The question is; can we still upload the previous bootlegs here or not???

As for this particular request;the bootlegs (files) are send to an e-mail address and not published here.

Where do we draw the line....

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 15, 2017 17:42

Why? Isn't the official release good enough? I just don't get it.

Date: July 15, 2017 18:36

Monsoon Ragoon

Some people want all recordings, they are called collectors, LOL!

I'm not going to throw away my Hampton bootlegs because there's an official version now. Would you?

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 15, 2017 20:13

coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

I'm not going to throw away my Hampton bootlegs because there's an official version now. Would you?

I call myself a collector as well, I have 325 Stones bootlegs. But I prefer to get the best recording, and the best only. But not problem, collect what you want.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 15, 2017 20:24

coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

It's officially released.
The question is; can we still upload the previous bootlegs here or not???

As for this particular request;the bootlegs (files) are send to an e-mail address and not published here.

Where do we draw the line....

That's a good question. Just as an example, parts of the two 2013 Hyde Park concerts (mentioning just one example) are officially released, but some people may want to have the "Scarf me Up" version along with the Sweet Summer Sun version.

Date: July 15, 2017 20:46

Monsoon Ragoon
coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

I call myself a collector as well, I have 325 Stones bootlegs. But I prefer to get the best recording, and the best only. But not problem, collect what you want.

Hardcore collectors want all versions, not just the best recording, just have a look at the "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" thread ( [iorr.org] )

I wonder, if a better recording of a bootleg you have shows up, what do you do with your lesser recording? Throw it away or sell it? (probably the latter; in the high-days of the "silver" bootlegs, prices could be steep for nice boxes (and other stuff too) and you'll probably would like to get at least some of your investment back.
OK, I know; the "silver" bootleg market has crashed, so it will be very hard to get a somewhat decent amount of $, except of course if one of these hardcore collectors is looking for ages for just that one you're offering, LOL!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 15, 2017 21:13

My first bootleg, Hampton 81. 3 record set in a box.
Went into a Toronto record store and had to ask for the "special import" section.
The owner went into the back room and came out with it.
I played it to death!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 15, 2017 21:20

Monsoon Ragoon
coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

Just to set the cat amongst the pidgeons............Keith once said, "I have more Stones bootlegs than anyone I know and a lot of them are better recordings than we have done".....

Personally I think the main question is; Will the posting of this boot subvert the sales of the official release? I would reckon in almost evey case the answer would be 'No'....so, no problem even if it is the same show........

I thnk it's copies of official releases that are the only problem for a band, whether those be of live shows or studio albums.........

But even then, that can sometimes work in the bands favour, I was once given a 'home made' cassette tape recording of an official Love & Rockets album, loved it so much I eventually bought all their CDs from the shops, so..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 21:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 15, 2017 22:25

Fyi the TSP boot sounded awful... The VGP version was far better.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 15, 2017 23:09

Robertito
Any of you will have these bootlegs to share?

HAMPTON'81 The Swingin' Pig [TSP-CD-100-2]
HAMPTON'81 Dandelion [DL 034-035]

robertito@outlook.com.ar

Thank you very much

You will get them when you read about The Stonesvault
look here on 1st page [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 23:10 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: July 15, 2017 23:18

I have a halfway decent silver bootleg collection. 325 is not very much, I know, but I think I will have almost everything in 2032 or 2035. Some day, probably within the next five years, there are no bootlegs with new recordings anymore, that helps. Almost, because I ignore the real bad and/or incomplete ones like Moscow 98 by SRS Records. I sell the ones not used anymore on Ebay. I must say, you get everything sold if your prices are okay, but chances are you lose some bucks compared to the price you once paid. Btw. I have no problem with the "official" Hampton uploaded somewhere from bootleg. I only wonder why some folks here collect X versions of the same soundboard. Maybe I'm not crazy enough ;-)

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 17, 2017 05:10

Monsoon Ragoon
coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

I only want the best too.

The Hampton official release is a different mix than the bootlegs. My friend prefers the original mix from the bootleg. I searched for Hippy Happy Keith boot and I got it from a good friend from here. The sound wasn't as good as the official release.

Date: July 17, 2017 12:18

exilestones
Monsoon Ragoon
coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon

I only want the best too.

The Hampton official release is a different mix than the bootlegs. My friend prefers the original mix from the bootleg. I searched for Hippy Happy Keith boot and I got it from a good friend from here. The sound wasn't as good as the official release.

Okay. But for me the official versions are satisfying enough, except Got Live If You Want It (LP) and the horrible 1981 movie. I have enough to do with the unreleased shows ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home