Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston 22&23.3.1999 artworks
Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 12, 2017 11:52

Is there anywhere nowhere available different artworks for Boston 1999 except those DAC&VGP ones? I happen to have MD master recordings from both gigs,quality is still only GOOD audience.But anyway is there?

smileys with beer

Re: Boston 22&23.3.1999 artworks
Posted by: joguema ()
Date: July 12, 2017 15:35

Info regarding the above artwork:

Rolling Stones
Fleet Center, Boston, MA,
March 22, 1999
"It tooks ages to come out"

Audio matrix of:

1. stereo audience recording (traded cds, unknown lineage, EAC ripped in secure mode), VG/EX quality

2. mono soundboard (some monitor mix?) EX quality, from dowloaded at "When The Whip Goes Down -Dog N Cat Records DAC-006" FLACs

The matrix mix was 40% aud + 40% Sb (+ overal increase 3 dcool smiley, all made with Adobe Audition 1.5 -> then Flac by Flac Frontend.
The hard work was to synchronize the 2 sources, as they run at different speed, not constant. I took the audience as reference, as it simplyfied the job. The speed difference was always very small, around 0,003 %, if I remember well. In some spots it could be heard that the result is almost perfect but not 100%. Trouble was also to find that the soundboard was cut is some places, there only audience was available, and some work to find the correct place to retrack it, as the audience is much more blurred than the soundboard. Only the opening music, before Jumping Jack Flash was available as soundboard track, so you will hear the passage from mono to stereo sound there. A few seconds in Respectable and others in Midnight Rambler are also from the mono soundboard, as the audience shows interferences, not digital artifacts from ripping the cds.
I also retrack the songs in order to put the track start right at the beginning of the music, placing the spoken intro at the end of the previous one. I like it this way, so be patient. I did not separate the tracks into 2 discs, as I use to burn them all together in dvd format, together with other concerts, in order not to change disc after a while. So put the first 13 tracks onto the first disc, the others one into the second, if you still stuck to cd format.
The audience is nice but echoey, harsh and not so defined, recorded at hot levels and clipping many times, while the soundboard is mono, is overcompressed and lacks hall ambience, it sounds as you are standing on the stage close to Jagger and the band. So combining the two sources I enhanced the good points of both, while no eliminating completely the bad sides of them. The result is worth listening, anyway, and I am glad to share it here. Listen to the sound samples, they contains bits of both original sources and the matrix (middle bit). The concert by the way is magnificent, Jagger gives an impressive vocal performance in all the songs, while Richard and the rest of the band do not miss a note. And I am not a huge fan of the post-1989 Stones. I am in love with "Memory Hotel", they perfectly nail it.

Tracklist:

1. Opening
2. Jumping Jack Flash
3. Bitch
4. You Got Me Rocking
5. Respectable
6. Honky Tonk Women
7. Memory Motel
8. Saint Of Me
9. Some Girls
10. Paint It Black
11. Band Introductions
12. You Got The Silver
13. Before They Make Me Run
14. Out Of Control
15. transfer to the B-Stage
16. Route 66
17. When The Whip Comes Down
18. Midnight Rambler
19. Interval
20. Tumbling Dice
21. It's Only Rock'n Roll
22. Start Me Up
23. Brown Sugar
24. Sympathy For The Devil

April 2010
Enjoy it
Pelle

UNQUOTE

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 12, 2017 22:57

Link?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 13, 2017 20:24

Yes, the audio would be great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home