Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Voodoo Lounge In Japan "remake" ?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 26, 2017 08:24

Similar to falo's terrific job on the New Jersey Giants Stadium 1994 video, is there a similar job somewhere on Voodoo Lounge In Japan (March 12, 1995)?

Re: Voodoo Lounge In Japan "remake" ?
Date: June 26, 2017 13:00

How about Nippon Vooodoo (RSVP label)? Appears to have the content. Just need to find a you-know-what.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 26, 2017 21:16

stonesman87
Just need to find a you-know-what.

No, what?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 27, 2017 00:12

I don`t see much sense in an bootlegged update of this concert. there is official DVD quality, perfect audio....I think all thats interesting is a blu ray version with 5.1 audio to get rid of the tokyo dome echo sound, so the only interesting upgrade would be an official release IMHO.

Date: June 27, 2017 00:56

midimannz
stonesman87
Just need to find a you-know-what.

No, what?

A Stones Vault link, or something similar.

Date: June 27, 2017 01:06

falo01
I don`t see much sense in an bootlegged update of this concert. there is official DVD quality, perfect audio....I think all thats interesting is a blu ray version with 5.1 audio to get rid of the tokyo dome echo sound, so the only interesting upgrade would be an official release IMHO.

I haven't been able to find an official DVD of this one. Do you know anywhere it's for sale?

Date: June 27, 2017 04:03

stonesman87
falo01

I haven't been able to find an official DVD of this one. Do you know anywhere it's for sale?

There is no official DVD release (hence the bolded 'would be'/my emphasis) but there is a Laserdisc. DVDs exist of a transfer, though.

Date: June 27, 2017 04:09

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
stonesman87
falo01

There is no official DVD release (hence the bolded 'would be'/my emphasis) but there is a Laserdisc. DVDs exist of a transfer, though.

Good point. However, I picked up on "there is official DVD quality, perfect audio" earlier in the same line that you added the emphasis to. If there's truly no official DVD after all, then my question is if anybody can direct me to any links to a download of an unofficial compilation. Presumably that would be OK to ask in this forum, but I'll stand corrected if not.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 27, 2017 11:21

yes, of course there is no official DVD release but a bootleg DVD, transferred from laser disc (I suppose), so we have kind of official quality. that was my point.

this show has always been one of my favourite shows of the last 30 years, so an official blu ray release would be great. my guess is that it will happen some day,
at least in japan (again).

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:36

There was a (bootleg/ not authorised) DVD sold in official shops in Germany around 2008, e.g. Karstadt. Picture quality was poor IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 16:37 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:10

(New!) Filefactory links:

DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part1.rar
[www.filefactory.com]
DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part2.rar
[www.filefactory.com]
DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part3.rar
[www.filefactory.com]

Official content:

Chris from Belgium

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 18:14 by coowouters.

Date: June 27, 2017 23:59

Gee, thanks a lot Chris for the links. I searched hard in IORR and the Vault for it, including the title "Nippon Voodoo" that I found out was an alternative title for it, but no luck. You're a better "deep searcher" than I am. Just out of interest, exactly where is it in the Vault?

Date: June 28, 2017 00:17

I have the complete XLS sheet (including the official releases).
So the following info might not be correct if you don't have that one:

Line 488 and line 489
(They are mistakenly named part 1 and 3 instead of part 1 and 2)

But if you do a search on Filefactory for "DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo", they also will show up. (again mistakenly named part 1 and 3 instead of part 1 and 2)

Here you can find a screenvideo from 1 song:
[youtu.be]

I don't know if you need a premium account do be able to do a search...
(or a StonesVault account)

Chris from Belgium

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-28 01:00 by coowouters.

Date: June 28, 2017 00:41

Chris, you might be right, searching beyond my scope and powers, but interesting to know how you found it. Thanks a lot, once again. Good job. thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2017 01:00

Here you can find a 1 song screen capture video :
[youtu.be]

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-28 01:11 by coowouters.

Date: June 28, 2017 01:35

Chris, the YouTube video can't be played here in Australia. An Eagle Rock restriction, but it doesn't matter much. I'm getting the Vault entry now.

I also got the spreadsheet - have now noticed the link on the Vault page 1, so I'll use that for searching in future. Thanks for the info. thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2017 02:45

stonesman87
Chris, the YouTube video can't be played here in Australia. An Eagle Rock restriction, but it doesn't matter much. I'm getting the Vault entry now.

I also got the spreadsheet - have now noticed the link on the Vault page 1, so I'll use that for searching in future. Thanks for the info. thumbs up

Just curious, is this one (on vimeo) also blocked?

[vimeo.com]

BTW, on the spreadsheet you're using, the links are on lines 550 and 551

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-28 02:50 by coowouters.

Date: June 28, 2017 02:51

coowouters
stonesman87

Just curious, is this one (on vimeo) also blocked?

[vimeo.com]

No, not blocked. Well, so far at this early point in time. I got to watch it - Angie from the concert.

Date: June 28, 2017 03:27

From " Room 101 1995.03.12 Nippon Voodoo Tokyo 1 (1 DVD5)" (the one with "Official" content), although to me it's exactly the same as "1995.03.12 Tokyo (RSVP) (2xDVD5) But I'm under the impression that the video quality is less:

[vimeo.com]

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 28, 2017 03:40

coowouters
From " Room 101 1995.03.12 Nippon Voodoo Tokyo 1 (1 DVD5)" (the one with "Official" content), although to me it's exactly the same as "1995.03.12 Tokyo (RSVP) (2xDVD5) But I'm under the impression that the video quality is less:

[vimeo.com]

I could play that one from here Down Under as well - SFM. Hope that helps with your testing.

Date: June 28, 2017 03:56

stonesman87
I could play that one from here Down Under as well - SFM. Hope that helps with your testing.

I guess that Vimeo doesn't care about "copyright". Too bad that when you want to host more than 500 MB, it becomes a paying service...
Thanks for helping out with my testing smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 28, 2017 09:34

No problem Chris, easily done.

On another matter, I have an extraction problem with the concert file. A message upon halting of the .rar extraction process is:

DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part2.rar: CRC failed in DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts\DVD 1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB. The file is corrupt

This is after I renamed the second file "part 2" instead of "part 3", and that was after a failure with the second file named "part 3" because the process naturally asked for part 2. Are you able to check this out?

Date: June 28, 2017 15:11

Hmmm, I'm looking at the file structures of parts 1 and 3. Could it be that there's a missing part 2? I have a sneaky feeling that's what the problem might be.

I might be answering my own question now. Have a look at [iorr.org] Scroll down to the August 9 2014 post at 21:08 - it shows 3 parts, not 2. Part 3 is 1.38 GB as per the current link. Selecting part 2 results in [www.filefactory.com] which says the file's unavaliable and will need to be re-upped. That makes sense of the file structure of part 3.

Chris, can you re-up what now appears to be missing part 2?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-28 15:22 by stonesman87.

Date: June 28, 2017 15:21

Best thing is to download again.

I packed mine into rar files and uploaded them to WT.

Here are the links, valid until July 5th:
(NOT compatible with the Filefactory links!!!!!!)

Part 1:
[we.tl]

Part 2:
[we.tl]

Part 3:
[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 28, 2017 15:25

Great, thanks yet again Chris, nice and prompt too. Although this means starting all over again, that should solve the problem. All good with me. thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2017 16:34

stonesman87
Great, thanks yet again Chris, nice and prompt too. Although this means starting all over again, that should solve the problem. All good with me. thumbs up

I will upload my files to the vault, so this will not happen again in the future.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 28, 2017 18:08

stonesman87
No problem Chris, easily done.

On another matter, I have an extraction problem with the concert file. A message upon halting of the .rar extraction process is:

DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part2.rar: CRC failed in DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts\DVD 1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB. The file is corrupt

This is after I renamed the second file "part 2" instead of "part 3", and that was after a failure with the second file named "part 3" because the process naturally asked for part 2. Are you able to check this out?
This happens to me everytime when I try to download a DVD. Exactly what happened again when I tried downloading Washington 99 a couple of nights back.

Date: June 29, 2017 08:44

Now have it from your We Transfer links. Thanks heaps yet again Chris thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 29, 2017 18:16

New (working grinning smiley ) Filefactory links in my post above, but here they are again:

[www.filefactory.com]
DVD 1995.03.12 RSVP Nippon Voodoo, Pro-Shot Deluxe Edition, 5.1ch dts.part2.rar
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home