Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Electric Ladeyland tracker??
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 15, 2018 18:22

Working swell...Stones sharers wanted badly!!!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 16, 2018 01:48

Munichhilton

"It is easier for an oik to pass through the eye of a needle than configure his bleeding laptop to ivp6."

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: April 16, 2018 03:26

JimmyShelter
smiling smiley bloody caps lock.

No, Peer Exchange, Local Peer Discovery, and Enable DHT won't work because the tracker is private.

It shouldn't need any configuring though. I use uTorrent 2.2.1, which is quite old now, and it has always worked perfectly with EL and IPv6.
I doesn't seem to take me any longer to connect either but several people have reported that they have to wait quite a while before it will connect initially.

One of the problems since the IPv6 thing is that NAT checking was taking far too long so I had to disable it, this means that not only can we not see who has NAT/Firewall problems, but the tracker will now send you details of peers that cannot be reached, whereas before it wouldn't.

Anyway, I see that you are up and running now.

Welcome back thumbs up

Thanks, Jimmy. I was able to download after leaving the torrent up on my client for some hours. Maybe when the US membership is restored that won't happen. It's weird to have Verizon accept IPv6 after more than a year, and then not tell customers - and then to seemingly not be able to DL after getting ELL back.

I hope everybody's provider makes the switch and informs users on how to configure for IPv6 sites. I don't know how much earlier I might have renewed my membership - I wouldn't have known now except that this thread made me check the connection.

I have a habit of making compliments that somehow fall flat,and maybe this is another one: I appreciate ELL because I used to get a lot of great stuff from HungerCity, and I was bummed when that went down until ELL filled that gap for me. So, THANKS ALL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 03:31 by andrews27.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: April 16, 2018 11:31

Thanks andrews27 drinking smiley

It is a real pain and it comes down to the providers lagging behind.
This change to IPV6 is well overdue, it is something that they all should have done a long time ago. Our own provider hasn't helped though by dropping support for IPv4 so quickly. But it is a domestic ISP, they support IPv4 for outgoing connections, just not for incoming.

Although personally, I think torrents might have had their day. An end to net neutrality will probably be their death blow, it is a very greedy protocol and the more you try to slow it down the greedier it gets. It account for a large percentage of traffic, and will surly be one of the first things to be throttled. If ISPs are allowed to throttle it or even block it then that will be a cheaper way to free up bandwidth than investing in infrastructure.
Either that or you will end up paying premium prices for it.

Grab it while it's there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-16 11:50 by JimmyShelter.

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: April 16, 2018 12:23

Munichhilton

Maybe a bit late, but I just uploaded a few minutes ago the Rolling Stones 2017-10-12 Stockholm (Crystal Cat CC 1087-88) ELL
same as @ Dime.
Cheers
Hervé

Date: April 16, 2018 15:53

I'm going to give Microsoft chat a call. Pass me them sedatives, will ya? confused smiley

Date: April 22, 2018 01:09

So what's up with the ELL tracker? Just this week I was able to get it as (It think) and IPv6 connection for the first time in a very long time. Then after about three days of connectivity, at least three days of no connectivity again. Is the site down?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 22, 2018 01:30

andrews27
So what's up with the ELL tracker? Just this week I was able to get it as (It think) and IPv6 connection for the first time in a very long time. Then after about three days of connectivity, at least three days of no connectivity again. Is the site down?

running fine and as far as I can see, there was no problem the last days.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 22, 2018 13:54

hj3009
Munichhilton

Maybe a bit late, but I just uploaded a few minutes ago the Rolling Stones 2017-10-12 Stockholm (Crystal Cat CC 1087-88) ELL
same as @ Dime.
Cheers
Hervé
There is a brand new DVD with upgraded video to go with your perfect shared soundtrack Herve

Date: April 22, 2018 17:47

G'wawn, rub it in! I actually copied my conversation with Microsoft chat last week, it was so bleeding absurd.hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 17:47 by HEILOOBAAS.

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: April 22, 2018 19:33

midimannz
hj3009
Munichhilton

same as @ Dime.
Cheers
Hervé
There is a brand new DVD with upgraded video to go with your perfect shared soundtrack Herve
Thanks a lot! I'll have a look.
But is it @ ELL or TTD?
Cheers
Hervé

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 19:35 by hj3009.

Date: April 23, 2018 04:10

Now my wifi provider is trying to tell me they're only set up for ivp4. I just hung up on them.

Date: April 24, 2018 02:37

Still no connection here in New York State, US, after a false restart. Thought I was finally getting the IPv6 that I reconfigured for last year.

Posted by: rollman ()
Date: July 25, 2019 03:10

Century Link does NOT support ipv6 and has no immediate plans to do so,
so I'm screwed as far as ELL is concerned, which is a REAL bummer.

[update]

Managed to get to the login page through the tunnel, (thanks JimmyShelter)
but my profile must be deleted, was told my user name was incorrect so I
tried creating a new profile but was kept being told my birthdate was wrong!
Tried the recovery link but was told my email address was not on file.

Sooo...any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-25 03:55 by rollman.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home