Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: POST : « Bleeding At The Banquet - The Trident Mixes Redux » » (Eat A Peach 169)
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:05

Is it my Imagination ? I listened to this today and from what I remember of the Trident Mixes & Demos some of the songs on this one seemed to be longer and more padded out. I'll need to cross refer, but anyone else feel this. Or maybe it's this getting near 60 thing !!!

Re: POST : « Bleeding At The Banquet - The Trident Mixes Redux » » (Eat A Peach 169)
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:47

travellin' man no fade in here

Posted by: Ratano ()
Date: May 31, 2017 21:48

thankssmileys with beer

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 31, 2017 22:36

thanks !

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 31, 2017 23:02

Travelling Man is complete?

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: June 1, 2017 00:44

Monsoon Ragoon
Travelling Man is complete?

Great sound quality throughout the disc so thanks for the post Stoneyroad

Travelling Man doesn't begin with the usual short fade. But the unknown first part is still missing.

Perhaps the full track exists in collector circles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-01 00:46 by MrTurner.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 1, 2017 01:56

A very generous gift - I also offer my thanks for this fine offering

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 1, 2017 02:50

05 Downtown Susie has the skip at 50 secs. All that trouble to issue this CD & they mess up with this well-known error when the non-skip version is readily available on DAC-052.

Having said that, the rest of it is rather nice to say the least.

Again, many thanks Norbert.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 1, 2017 17:57

This sounds amazing; always some of my top favourite outtakes - cannot wait to d/l this when I get home from work!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 1, 2017 18:23

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-01 18:28 by exilestones.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2017 18:51

IrelandCalling4
some of my top favourite outtakes - cannot wait to d/l this

(not trying to troll) Funny but I think they're rather boring. I much prefer the SG outtakes.
During the 68-71 period it's as if they were writing gold stuff (which they put on their records) or semi-junk "Chinese riffs" (which ended up on boots).

There's no "in-between" material (imo).

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: June 1, 2017 19:03

vox12string
05 Downtown Susie has the skip at 50 secs. All that trouble to issue this CD & they mess up with this well-known error when the non-skip version is readily available on DAC-052.

Having said that, the rest of it is rather nice to say the least.

Again, many thanks Norbert.

Thanks to Stonyroad for the upload.

Unhappilly, absolutely nothing new, nothing better.

1 : US original 2LP "The Trident Mixes" - K&S - released 1979 - of course, NO SKIP on Downtown Lucy
2 : COPY of original K&S 2LP by a german bootlegger - released 1984 with SKIP on Downtown Lucy
3 : Living Legend Records have released a reworked copy on CD in 1989, most of the tracks were taken from the EUROPEAN COPY, including the SKIP on Downtown Lucy. That means : taken from the EUROPEAN COPY.

As far as I can hear : NOTHING new with this EAP release.
The US K&S 2 LP remains the reference for these tapes.
DAC-052 remains the best choice for the "CD only" collectors.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 1, 2017 20:08

LiveAtHidepark

1 : US original 2LP "The Trident Mixes" - K&S - released 1979 - of course, NO SKIP on Downtown Lucy
2 : COPY of original K&S 2LP by a german bootlegger - released 1984 with SKIP on Downtown Lucy
3 : Living Legend Records have released a reworked copy on CD in 1989, most of the tracks were taken from the EUROPEAN COPY, including the SKIP on Downtown Lucy. That means : taken from the EUROPEAN COPY.

Thanks Hari for you feedback.
I was waiting for a collector's review...
For the DAC, I remember you can hear people speaking during some tracks...

Posted by: peipin ()
Date: June 1, 2017 20:38

merci

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 1, 2017 22:43

The SG and late 70s stuff contains much gold, but the Trident stuff has always appealed to me also - very first bootleg I ever obtained and hearing tracks like 'Blood Red Wine', 'Still a Fool', Aladdin Story', 'Travellin' Man' - still is great today!

I have the DAC 052 and VGP Hillside Blues, so will give the new EAC a listen this evening

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: June 1, 2017 23:40

Many Thanks Norbert. Great post

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 2, 2017 00:44

Many Thanks!

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: June 2, 2017 02:25

mitch
LiveAtHidepark

IMO, "Trident Demos (DAC-123)" is the best sounding title on CDs.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 2, 2017 17:18

keithpinkmoon
mitch
LiveAtHidepark

IMO, "Trident Demos (DAC-123)" is the best sounding title on CDs.

www.dbboots.com says they same

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 2, 2017 18:19

Thanks Norbert, will have a listen this weekend.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 2, 2017 20:01

Norbert:

Thank you for sharing! This board has so many kind and generous people. I truly appreciate it!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 2, 2017 23:34

Thanks man! I can't hear Susie without the skip anymore so it works for me!

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: June 3, 2017 03:00

Thanks for this one.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2017 12:13

Thanks for sharing, too bad there's nothing new.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:39

Thanks

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: June 4, 2017 21:18

If someone interested, US 2LP Trident Mixes

[we.tl]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 5, 2017 07:37

LiveAtHidepark

[we.tl]

thanks for this one as well

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: June 5, 2017 08:22

LiveAtHidepark

[we.tl]

Thanks a lot, LiveAtHidepark !

This original pressing is totally great.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: June 7, 2017 10:25

Thanks for the vinyl rip

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 8, 2017 00:06

LiveAtHidepark

[we.tl]

Thnaks LiveAtHidepark!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home