Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 13 and last - 21December 1981 - Chicago
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:08

26th October – 21st December 1981: ALVIN LEE BAND - European & US Tour.
Volume 13:
21st December: Chicago, Illinois, International Amphitheater

This is the last part of a series of rare recordings of Mick Taylor with the Alvin Lee Band in 1981. With thanks to nzb who provided two shows (Salisbury, Chicago), to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who sent me all of his tapes from this era and gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.

Line-up: MT (gtr; some p)/Alvin Lee (voc, gtr)/Fuzzy Samuels (bass)/Tom Compton (dr)
Note: The Alvin Lee Band toured as support for Black Sabbath!

Tracklist:
01 - Can’t Stop (fade in/incomplete)
02 - Slow Down
03 - Just Another Boogie (aka Boogie On)
04 - I’m Going Home
05 - Choo Choo Mama

(infos taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf
www.nzentgraf.de/books/mt/taylor1.htm).
For this one we got only one source: the show is incomplete only 4 & half songs! M. Taylor guitar is low in the mix it’s sorry because is a great soundboard: a radio broadcast?
It was not necessarily much to do here except amplified the sound (+ 8,5 to +9db).
I reworked the transitions, so the tracks now start with the song. I deleted a little gap at 14’06 in “I’m Going Home”… that’s all.

link valid until 19/05/17
[we.tl]
Posted in IORR by StonyRoad in May 2017
It's the last from the series but don't be too much sad because another project is on his way by the same team!

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 13 and last - 21December 1981 - Chicago
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: May 12, 2017 12:42

Thanks a lot for this great series and all the work you have put into it!

N

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 13 and last - 21December 1981 - Chicago
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 12, 2017 14:20

Thank you for all these great uploads!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 12, 2017 17:27

Thanks a lot
CrazyMama

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 13, 2017 00:34

Thanks Norbert!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 13, 2017 02:39

smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home