Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking for artwork "Shidobee Attack" (2003-08-27 Astoria)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 1, 2017 14:49

I guess topic title says it all.
(this one was treed on Shidoobee a long time ago, I'm not even sure if artwork exists...)

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 14:51 by coowouters.

Re: Looking for artwork "Shidobee Attack" (2003-08-27 Astoria)
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: May 1, 2017 23:13

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: May 1, 2017 23:25

nice comment on this show from
"Chris from Belgium"

ps: no artwork found for shidobee attack artwork,
hope ccr 714.15 will do!

Date: May 2, 2017 00:37

j.b.goode
nice comment on this show from
"Chris from Belgium"

ps: no artwork found for shidobee attack artwork,
hope ccr 714.15 will do!

I really appreciate the effort, but unfortunately, while searching for the "Shidobee Attack" bootleg, I found my CCR silvers, which of course came with the artwork.

As for my "nice comment"; blush, LOL!
If someone cares to read it, here it is (it was written under my board name; coowouters

coowouters
from coowouters
Was it worth the $2,000 spent on RS.com Membership fee, ticket, travel, hotel, expenses and my wife's shopping spree?
YES!!!!
Was it worth staying up for days in front of the PC to get the tix?
YES!!!!
Was it a great Clubconcert?
YES!!!!
Was it the show we all hoped to go down in the history books?
NO.

After waiting for hours to get in, (and having number 138 in the queue) (Thanks Doug for organising the queue!), I finally found myself 4th row, death center. Due to rude people and all the pushing, I ended the show somewhere in row 12.
But row 12 at a clubgig is the same as being closer than front row at an arena or stadium

After the opening band, it took the roadies for ever to prepare the stage for the Stones, so people started screaming each time a roadie tested a microphone, a guitar or whatever.
But thenthe lights went out and a few seconds later.JJF erupted! Contrary to what some other people say, I immediately loved this version, and I was ready for the best show of the tour. The sound, the guitars, Mick, Charlie, were giving it all.

"Live With Me", "Hand Of Fate", "No Expectations" were all great versions, you wil not hear me complain .

"Worried About you" was, IMHO, not as great as in Vredenburg, but that is the curse of seeing more than one clubshow. Don't get me wrong, this was a great version and Mick was great. But spoiled for me by some guys in front of me who were more interested in discussing the best way to roll a joint and using a flashlight to prepare it, than listening to the song (I really had to controll myself to not give them a push so their stuff would fly into the air)

Then came "Heartbreaker; a first for me live on this tour and I immediately fell in love whith this song again!

"It's only Rock 'n' Roll" ; even some response from behind row 15 (more on that later).

"Aint Too Proud To Beg", and "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" were brought with lots of enthousiasm and "I Liked It, yes I did"

"That's How Strong My Love Is" ; again, not the Vredenburg killer version, and also shorter, but still one of the highlights. (Mick looking up to the balcony a lot, probably at his family?)

"Going To A Go Go"; great cover version, and definitely pleased the crowd.

The introductions were cut short, but contrary to what has been said by Mathijs somewhere, Chuck WAS introduced. Bobby as usual almost blushing when he was introduced, Ronnie got a loud "Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie, chorus started, Charlie was "worshipped" by Keith when introduced and as for Keith, well, another chorus started.

Then it was time for Keith's set and he started by saying "What a great joint" (and the one he was holding was BIG ) ,But then he said "Let's get on with the show" and threw it away.
And now for a confession; on the B2B and VL tours, I didn't like his singing, but on the 40 Licks tour, I started (again) loving it.
A very nice version of "The Nearness Of You" and when that was finished, someone in the public screamed very loud "Little T&A" and Keith laughed and said "You little rascall" and announced "Before They Make Me Run". IMHO a GREAT version, and some very good work from Ronnie.

But then the show somehow changed

Not only the strange thing about skipping "Rock Me Baby", but "Can't Turn You Loose ", "Honky Tonk Women ", "Start Me Up", "Tumbling Dice" and "Brown Sugar" were played with almost no rest between songs. They really wanted or had to get it over with, probably due to some curfew rule???

"Satisfaction" was a little dissapointment as an encore (as a choice, NOT as a performance), we already had that one in Vredenburg, and I was secretly hoping for SFTD. Nevertheless a solid performance of the song.

And then it was over after "only" 1hour and 40 minutes. Last bows and a bombardment by the Shidoobeeans in the audience. Stonesdoug had been giving out little yellow blimps while waiting outside, and on command we throw them on the stage. The band looked quite surprised and Ronnie picked one up, had to read what was on it to Keith and then tucked it under his t-shirt. I stayed for some 15 minutes after the end of the show, and people were praying to roadies to get one of those that were still on the stage

Closing remarks:
We didn't get MT on the stage, although everybody (even the non-MT fans) were hoping for that to happen.
Keith spent a LOT of time on Ronnie's side, at some moments I even felt sorry for the people on Keith's side.
The crowd was very lame, except for the first couple of rows, only when Mick, Keith or Ronnie came to the front, hands were raised and there would be some handclapping. And I can assure you that Mick really tried hard to work the crowd. When he tried to let the public sing along; it all died within seconds.a pity; the Vredenburg crowd was much more responsive and didn't need Mick to start singalongs.
Lots of rude people in the crowd; pushing, shoving, talking straight through the "calm" songs.
From a certain moment on, Mick had problems with the mix and was constantly turning the buttons on his transmitter, so I do not believe that he had voiceproblems, I think something was wrong with the mix.
The guitars.BETTER than Vredenburg, again IMHO. I read reviews from the Twick gig, saying that Keith was playing a lot better and he certainly did at the Astoria. And he showed us that he still knows the opening riff for BS!!!!!! He stepped right to the front of the stage with this expression on his face "See guys!!!"
During the first part, Ronnie was having problems with the slide guitar; he made signs to the mixing desk and even had a technician standing by him at the start. He was also very concentrated, almost no fooling around or clowning and his guitar work was damn good ( in the ears of a non-musician )
Charlie..Charlie is Charlie and I don't think it is necessary to repeat how well he is doing!

So, would I go back to see this show again?
Definitely yes! And I am pretty sure that all those who heard their first Clubgig that night, will remember it for the rest of their life. (As I will!)

So, what is there to add?

Somel VERY important Shidoobee stuff!!!!!
I finally had the pleasure to meet StonesDoug in person and he is a GREAT guy!!! And then all the other Shidoobeeans, Glimmers, Undercoverites
I really appreciated the efforts made by Martin and Bob for organising different events. I was lucky enough to get on the boattrip, where I met all those people that you only know by name or nickname. I had a great time, and Stonesdoug even managed to let my wife (a non-Stones fan, so I have a "mixed relation", LOL), take the dancefloor . I hope we will get to see the group picture from that event soon!
I was also able to buy the (last !) "special event Shidoobee cap", and have been wearing it since
To to all those I met in London; thanks for letting me experience this concert with you!
Bless you all,

Chris from Belgium

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 08:17

The PGN-055 has Bonus Track :
11 Jumping Jack Flash ( Astoria Incomplete soundboard)
smileys with beer

Date: May 2, 2017 10:23

Broesel2404
The PGN-055 has Bonus Track :
11 Jumping Jack Flash ( Astoria Incomplete soundboard)
smileys with beer

I know winking smiley

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 2, 2017 10:57

nice story Chris,
My friend Mr. No create an artwork for this show, perhaps you can need it?

Norbert

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: May 2, 2017 16:50

Hi Chris,
could you be so kind and upload the "Shidobee Attack"?
Would be nice to compare the quality.

TY,
Matti

Date: May 2, 2017 17:09

Ya-Yas
Hi Chris,
could you be so kind and upload the "Shidobee Attack"?
Would be nice to compare the quality.

TY,
Matti

I can't find it.......sad smiley
It's in one of my boxes in the attic, I KNOW I have it, but I needed the artwork for something else.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: May 2, 2017 17:18

Hi Chris,
it´s ok. Anyway, if you happen to find it...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Matti

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home