Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A small milestone has been reached ..... for the moment
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 14:57

Notice anything different? With this post, the first page is ... drum roll ... free of a certain type of hotly-debated post, something that a number of members have been looking forward to for a while.

Well, as I write, that is. Let's see if it remains that way. winking smiley

But remember, folks, this has not been about any particular member(s), but purely about technique for posting information about a single topic. thumbs up

Re: A small milestone has been reached ..... for the moment
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 18, 2017 21:01

Well said...

Date: April 19, 2017 00:38

Thanks. The state of affairs has continued so far as well. The real test will be at the 7-day point.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 19, 2017 11:49

Does that mean that... we won? grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 19, 2017 12:59

I do believe so , un cork the bubbly and let's all drink to the "Salt of the Earth"

Date: April 19, 2017 13:06

Just what we need in the scenario of this controversial matter - some humour. A good take, IMHO.

I'll put it this way. It's close to full-time. "We" (choose who you think that comprises) are comfortably in front. The full-time bell hasn't sounded quite yet. Because of an unknown amount of injury time, it's not clear when the game will be over. The only approach that can be taken is to go into "watch this space" mode ..... for an as-yet to be determined amount of time.

Sounds like a hollow victory. Can't be any more definite than that. Keep watching for that 7-day point, coming very shortly, the next several hours at the most. Even beyond that, can't be 100% sure what the result will be. Allow for the possibility of quite a confused smiley Can't be so bold as to hot smiley For everybody's sake, whichever way they think of it, let's hope it doesn't turn into eye rolling smiley or yawning smiley

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 19, 2017 13:18

if he comes back with one thread for everything and keeps is that way then no problem but if he comes back with multiple threads then the answer is simple bump every other back to the top. we do a few threads each job done.

Date: April 19, 2017 13:32

Growing support for what was recently identified and proposed as the sensible and practicable approach to take is now becoming noticeable. This is an open forum. Anybody else with similar thoughts, go ahead and make a mention.

To keep this fair and clean, I think it needs to be said that anybody's decision about how to respond in the event of what might be considered to be adverse activity has to be an individual decision. Unstated, however, it might have plenty of support.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 19, 2017 14:11

As the board stands now it looks a lively, varied, interesting, overwhelmingly generous and friendly place to visit.

Date: April 19, 2017 14:18

I agree, an enormous improvement on only about a week ago.

Date: April 19, 2017 14:20

And I have a feeling that the more talk there is about this, the better the chance that it will stay that way.

Date: April 20, 2017 00:11

The most recent entry using the hotly-disputed technique has now reached 7 days old, all the while without so much as a whisper from the man of the match. I believe I heard the referee blow full time, and the players are leaving the pitch. What's that I heard? No, false alarm. Only an echo in my mind of something most of us prefer not to hear any more.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 20, 2017 14:30

You really are obsessed by this guy!
You open a thread about him when he posts, you now open a thread about him becouse he didn't post!...

There will hopefully be other members who will dare to offer to sell their stuff here in the future without having to endure those questionable "moralists" comments even if you dream a free sell ads section.

Date: April 20, 2017 15:08

mitch
You open a thread about him when he posts, you now open a thread about him becouse he didn't post!...

There will hopefully be other members who will dare to offer to sell their stuff here in the future without having to endure those questionable "moralists" comments even if you dream a free sell ads section.

Out of context, misquoted, not applicable, and not the subject of the matter at all. The subject has been about technique, not any particular individual, and has been observed in a specific case in point. This has been stated and supported a number of times. QED

Date: April 20, 2017 15:23

stonesman87
mitch

Out of context, misquoted, not applicable, and not the subject of the matter at all. The subject has been about technique, not any particular individual, and has been observed in a specific case in point. This has been stated and supported a number of times. QED

Don't take it so badly... I can understand things are not always obvious for everybody.

Once again,this is a Buy/SELL/trade section, and to my knowledge, you (still) don't decide its rules.

I am amazed bv tolerated this kind of thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 15:58 by mitch.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 20, 2017 16:17

And here I am, trying to make a good go at cold salmon mayonaise!!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 20, 2017 22:23

mitch

You really don't get it, do you......
Of course this is the BUY/SELL/TRADE section of IORR and in fact I already bought and sold stuff here. Hell, only a couple of weeks ago I struck a deal with Joguema who was offering some things here, that ultimately gave us a new Zitrock release!

Can't you understand that all we want is that sellers who have several items for sale, be it on e-bay or straight here on the board, don't make a new topic (or several) every day, but update their list of available items.
A small "bump" message as reply on their own topic and a small change in the topic's title ("New additions 2017.xx.xx"), will send it to the top of the list.

Those interested will read it, the others will skip it, but a page will not be flooded with 4, 5, 6, 7 posts from the same person.

Imagine that I decide to sell all my plate-signed and hand-numbered lithos (no, I'm not going to sell the hand signed one I have) and that I would make a different topic for each one. I'm pretty sure that members wouldn't appreciate it if they are not interested and that I would get the same remark: "PUT THEM ALL IN ONE TOPIC, WILL YOU!".

Oh yes, I understand your frustration; this section has become more a sharing section than a b/s/t one. But NOBODY is going to complain if you make 1 topic to sell something (and a couple of weeks/days later another one, and so on). But once again, and this is the last time I'm going to write it (I should use copy/paste, LOL!); if you have several items for sale at/around the same date, put them in 1 topic.

Oh, and an edit: do you really think BV cares about this? He will only intervene when something is against the rules (offering copies of official released stuff and the like, and the sharers do all they can to prevent such thing from happening), or when lots of members contact him by e-mail with a SERIOUS complaint. He has much better things do to in the other sections of IORR. (this section is just a service to members).

Maybe you should write him ( iorr@arena.no ) and ask for a new section of IORR dedicated to sharing only? (Just a thought).

Chris from Belgium

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-21 01:12 by coowouters.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 21, 2017 00:17

Can we please reduce this post to half a topic?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 21, 2017 00:25

Britney
Can we please reduce this post to half a topic?

ok...which half do you want?.............

Date: April 21, 2017 00:28

coowouters
mitch

Of course this is the BUY/SELL/TRADE section of IORR and in fact I already bought and sold stuff here.

Can't you understand that all we want is that sellers who have several items for sale, be it on e-bay or straight here on the board, don't make a new topic (or several) every day, but update their list of available items.
A small "bump" message as reply on their own topic and a small change in the topic's title ("New additions 2017.xx.xx"), will send it to the top of the list.

Those interested will read it, the others will skip it, but a page will not be flooded with 4, 5, 6, 7 posts from the same person.

Imagine that I decide to sell all my plate-signed and numbered lithos (no, I'm not going to sell the hand signed one I have) and that I would make a different topic for each one. I'm pretty sure that members wouldn't appreciate it if they are not interested and that I would get the same remark: "PUT THEM ALL IN ONE TOPIC, WILL YOU!".

Oh yes, I understand your frustration; this section has become more a sharing section than a b/s/t one. But NOBODY is going to complain if you make 1 topic to sell something (and a couple of weeks another one, and so on). But once again, and this is the last time I'm going to write it (I should use copy/paste, LOL!); if you have several items for sale at/around the same date, put them in 1 topic.

Chris, very well said. That sums it up completely and in full detail. And you have ended off with the last word on the matter very appropriately. thumbs up

Re: the asylum thread.
Date: April 21, 2017 01:22

coowouters
Of course this is the BUY/SELL/TRADE section of IORR and in fact I already bought and sold stuff here.

Imagine that I decide to sell all my plate-signed and numbered lithos (no, I'm not going to sell the hand signed one I have) and that I would make a different topic for each one. I'm pretty sure that members wouldn't appreciate it if they are not interested and that I would get the same remark: "PUT THEM ALL IN ONE TOPIC, WILL YOU!".

Oh yes, I understand your frustration; this section has become more a sharing section than a b/s/t one. But NOBODY is going to complain if you make 1 topic to sell something (and a couple of weeks another one, and so on). But once again, and this is the last time I'm going to write it (I should use copy/paste, LOL!); if you have several items for sale at/around the same date, put them in 1 topic.

And so what? Where is the problem with that?
You are whining because one seller's ads takes too much place? What a big deal!

Strangely nobody complain when a member make 1 post per show when its for free...

Where is the frustation? Hum, I have my little idea... but no, I don't get it, especially when some members agress another one and make a thread for such shabby reasons.

Fortunately there are still some healthy people on this board, I stay optimist anyway...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 21, 2017 01:52

I give up.

No more posts from me on this subject, I want to stay healthy myself!

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 24, 2017 00:22

As I write this, the board has returned to a state whereby there is only a handful of entries (4 only) before messages are at least 2 days old. I firmly believe that a silent majority of members made a flurry of entries in order to send what appears to have been an unwelcome technique off the first page. It would seem that now that this has taken place and remained that way, activity has once again reduced.

On this basis, I also firmly believe that this is compelling and conclusive evidence from a silent majority to any naysayers about this entire matter. May it remain this way. After all, as one dude said to his friend in the car in the "Don't Stop" video clip, "This is The Stones, man".

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 24, 2017 02:48

stonesman87
As I write this, the board has returned to a state whereby there is only a handful of entries (4 only) before messages are at least 2 days old. I firmly believe that a silent majority of members made a flurry of entries in order to send what appears to have been an unwelcome technique off the first page. It would seem that now that this has taken place and remained that way, activity has once again reduced.

On this basis, I also firmly believe that this is compelling and conclusive evidence from a silent majority to any naysayers about this entire matter. May it remain this way. After all, as one dude said to his friend in the car in the "Don't Stop" video clip, "This is The Stones, man".

Man, I slowly get the impression that there's something deep inside you that you want the outside world to know...still have to figure out what excactly it is...although it's becoming clearer that it's not about Skorpio65, at least not entirely...there's more to it. Let it out!

Date: April 24, 2017 04:15

retired_dog
stonesman87

Man, I slowly get the impression that there's something deep inside you that you want the outside world to know...still have to figure out what excactly it is...although it's becoming clearer that it's not about Skorpio65, at least not entirely...there's more to it. Let it out!

Simple. After reading so much controversy about the technique, it was about finding out what the majority view is on the technique and seeing the majority view put out in the open. This is why I believe I can say that the end result speaks for itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-24 04:17 by stonesman87.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home