Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with DVD burning please
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 16, 2017 19:06

I have downloaded files from We Transfer for a DVD but need help to open them and get them onto a DVD, please.

I need a step by step idiots guide ( like the Stones I am now a pensioner !!).

I have 17 zipped folders (to make 8 DVDs) from We Transfer on my computer in Downloads.

I have WinZip installed.

Now how do I burn a DVD from that position.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Help with DVD burning please
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 16, 2017 19:37

Kingbeebuzz
I have downloaded files from We Transfer for a DVD but need help to open them and get them onto a DVD, please.

I need a step by step idiots guide ( like the Stones I am now a pensioner !!).

I have 17 zipped folders (to make 8 DVDs) from We Transfer on my computer in Downloads.

I have WinZip installed.

Now how do I burn a DVD from that position.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If you want to make 8 DVDs, first make 8 folders on your HD and name them - then move all the relevant zip folders/downloads from 'downloads' to each named DVD folder.

ie. if you have, for example 2 zip folders for Wembley '95 put both of them in the folder you have made, which you will have named Wembley '95.
Best to make a master folder first though called, for example, Stones DVD recordings ......then make sub folders to go in that...ie. Wembley '95 and so on....

Then use winzip to unzip the contents of those two zip folders into the named folder. The way to do that is this, highlight each folder and then right click on it. You should then get a small menu appear. One of the options on that menu should be "Extract here"............do that, extract the contents of the zip folder into the brown named folder.

Then, to burn a DVD you will need a burning program such as Nero or similar.

Do you have a burning program installed? ......are you working from a PC or laptop?..............lmk.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 19:42 by EddieByword.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 16, 2017 19:44

You first have to "un-zip" the rar files.
Create a new folder/map on your HD and give it an appropriate name ("8 DVD set" or whatever).

When that folder is created, go to the folder/map with the zipped files.

When you double click on the first file (something like "Nat Geo Docu - Stones in Rio 06-English.part1.rar"), your unzip (or unrar) software will start extracting the video files to the folder you just created (it will very probably first ask to with folder you want to extract the files; if it does, browse for that new folder/map).

In the unlikely case that your unpacking software doesn't open automatically when double-clicking on the .rar or .zip file, you first have to open the unpacking software and tell it which file to use to extract.

Normally, the software will extract ALL video files from one title (06-English.part1.rar, 06-English.part2.rar, 06-English.part3.rar, 06-English.part4.rar,....).

Make a folder for each set of rar files to extract to.

You're talking about an 8 DVD set, so let me assume that you're talking about the following:
1964 - 1969 Through Our Past Darkly Vol. 1-4 (8 DVD) FAB Label - Vol 1 & 2 (= 4 DVD)
and
1964 - 1969 Through Our Past Darkly Vol. 1-4 (8 DVD) FAB Label - Vol 3 & 4. (= 4 DVD)
Total 8 DVD

For this one, there are 4 sets of rar files, one for each volume.
This means you will have to create 4 folders/maps (you can title them Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3 and Vol 4).

It also means that you will have to repeat the extracting procedure 4 times as there are 4 sets of rar files; 1 for each volume (if it's this 8 DVD set,you'll end up with 2 DVDs in each of your new folders).

When this is done, you will find the original DVD files in your newly created folders. These files (inside a subfolder called "VIDEO_TS) are the ones you will need to burn your DVD(s).

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to get back to me if you have more questions!

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 21:23 by coowouters.

Date: April 16, 2017 20:56

A big "Thank you" to EddieByword and Coowouters for all your help.
And "yes" they are the 8 DVDs of Through Our Past Darkly from Coowouters.

It was my youth, seeing the Stones only a few times a year on TV in black and white. Hearing them on Saturday Club with Brian Matthew (who's just passed away) and queuing for hours outside theatres to get concert tickets.
I'm still playing the same 1964 vinyl while burning these DVDs.
Thanks again.

Date: April 16, 2017 21:38

Quick tutorial I made and uploaded to Youtube:

Tutorial

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 20, 2017 12:48

Many thanks for the Tutorial. It has been a real help.

Posted by: Benny2 ()
Date: April 24, 2017 14:28

Hello,

I have all my downloads on a usb stick. How can I make a real dvd from it with a burning program?? I tried DVD Flick... but it only gives VOB Files which are not supported by Flick.

What can I do??

Date: April 24, 2017 15:58

Benny2
Hello,

I have all my downloads on a usb stick. How can I make a real dvd from it with a burning program?? I tried DVD Flick... but it only gives VOB Files which are not supported by Flick.

What can I do??

Point the burning program to the files on the USB stick ??

If the files are not supported by the burning program,then use a different burning program and / or convert the files to a different format.

Posted by: Benny2 ()
Date: April 24, 2017 17:12

Thanx,
What format and what is a good simple burning program??

Date: April 24, 2017 17:53

Benny2
Thanx,
What format and what is a good simple burning program??

If your files are on a USB stick, an internal HDD, an external HDD or on a data disc, or....; it doesn't matter.
What does matter is that you have all files, not just the vob files (you also need .bup and.ifo files).
If all those files are present on your USB stick, there shouldn't be a problem to burn a DVD (from your USB stick).

A good and simple burning program is IMGBurn, you can find it here:
[www.imgburn.com]

And to finish, here's a screenshot of a typical list of files that make up a DVD (click on the thumbnail to get a larger, more readable picture):

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: April 25, 2017 05:34

imgburn is good & simple,
here is a how to:
burn a dvd-video disc using imgburn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2152
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home