Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 06a - 12 November 1981 - Paris (1st version)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:49

26th October – 21st December 1981: ALVIN LEE BAND - European & US Tour.
Volume 06a:
12th November: Paris, France, Théâtre Le Palace

This is part six of a series of rare recordings of Mick Taylor with the Alvin Lee Band in 1981. With thanks to Letsgo that send us a copy from his original masters from Paris, to nzb who provided two rare shows (Salisbury, Chicago), to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who sent me all of his tapes of this era and gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.

Line-up: MT (gtr; some p)/Alvin Lee (voc, gtr)/Fuzzy Samuels (bass)/Tom Compton (dr)

Tracklist:
CD1:
01 - Introduction/One Of These Days
02 - Honey Pie (aka Pecan Pie)
03 - Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
04 - Slow Blues In C
05 - Love Like A Man
06 - Going Through The Door
07 - Can’t Stop
CD2:
01 - Just Another Boogie (aka Boogie On)/Band Introduction
02 - I’m Writing You A Letter
03 - Scat Thing
04 - I’m Going Home
05 - Choo Choo Mama
06 - Sweet Little Sixteen
07 - Jam with audience
08 - Slow Down

(infos taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf
www.nzentgraf.de/books/mt/taylor1.htm).

For this show we had 4 versions:
v1) Only two songs from this show as bonus-tracks for a recording of Mick Taylor’s Aarhus
soundcheck in 1989 (they complete version v3!)
v2) “Pecan Pie” with a cover from Mr. No. Great audience, almost complete show
v3) “Paris 1981” misses two songs: “Slow Down” & “Just Another Boogie” (cf. 1) and the
same source and quality as v2.
v4) “A Lee with M Taylor – Le Palace Paris”, coming from masters sent by Letsgo

In conclusion: It’s a fantastic show (listen to the audience asking for “Hey Joe” and Alvin Lee played the riff in the beginning of “Sweet Little Sixteen” or the jam with the audience). And the recordings come from two totally different, but interesting sources. So I decided to rework both versions.

- Volume 6a = source 1 (“Pecan Pie”) more punchy with the audience more present (the version you will find here)
- Volume 6b = the “Letsgo” tapes (will be posted soon)

Note that “Just Another Boogie” is incomplete in all versions, but not at the same moment! So I did make a mix here from the 2 versions.

Volume 06a:
I like it very much because of being more punchy and alive. Comparing with the second source, this one needed an acceleration of 1%. I reworked the tracks, now they begin with the songs. I added a little more treble and I amplified the sound.
For “Just Another Boogie” I used a patch of 20s from the second source in the beginning and for the audience noises and the band introduction (from 6’24 until the end).
There were gaps between some tracks, now they are deleted and cannot be heard anymore, with exception of the end of “I’m Going Home” (at 17’08). There was also a tape flip in “Slow Down” at 3s.

link valid until 19/07/17
[we.tl]
Posted by StonyRoad in April 2017
vol 06b (another version of the Paris show) will be post tomorrow

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 12:50 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 06a - 12 November 1981 - Paris (1st version)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 12, 2017 17:44

smileys with beer

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with Alvin LEE Band - Vol 06a - 12 November 1981 - Paris (1st version)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 12, 2017 21:05

Thanks Norbert!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: April 13, 2017 09:24

Thanks a lot
CrazyMama

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 16, 2017 08:20

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home