Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Should skorpio65 get off of this cloud?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 12, 2017 05:47

Member activity in this forum has almost completely evaporated. I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

It appears to me that activity has almost evaporated because members have stayed away in droves. It appears to me that members no longer want to participate in this forum whilst skorpio65's large number of mostly unwanted (not my opinion, but observation based on all the comments) frequent posts create a logjam in this forum. I visit a few times every day. There are almost no new posts. The rate of new posts has almost flatlined. That sends some kind of clear message. Right now, there are only two posts apart from this one before posts are at least "two days ago". I can't remember seeing this before. I get the impression that members don't even want to click into this forum for fear of seeing more and more posts from skorpio65.

I invite anybody to post comment about this in order to resolve what clearly appears to be a stalemate. It's no good continuing like this. A universally satisfactory resolution needs to be arrived at. Your comments and suggestions ........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 05:57 by stonesman87.

Re: Should skorpio65 get off of this cloud?
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:02

Yes, he burns down this forum. All DVDs are above the normal price, he even tries to sell bootlegs of the official Hampton 81 which is VERY problematic. As this is no rip-off forum, he should be banned.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:13

I thought exactly the same thing yesterday and I've seen a replica of this situation play out and still be on going on a springsteen forum. There's plenty of forums across the internet where one person seems to dominate a board and it always has the same effect.

I have no problem with him using a single thread eg titled items for sale on my ebay and updating that thread however over-priced his items may be but he currently has at least four threads for the same 4 dvd set and a couple of others with replicated threads and that is spamming. It shoves others posts not just down the board but onto following pages where they will go unseen by the more casual clickers (yes I am saying that people are too lazy to click on page two because it's true and why would they if they see page one covered in the same poster's thread what will they be expecting on page two? more of the same).

Posted by: emr9410 ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:26

I've been there for 3 years.
I find sales should not be. I have been able to expand my collection through IORR Talk. It would be a pity to give up this.
Have courage to continue.
Greeting René

(All about translators)

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:44

Would it not be possible to create two headings:
- one reserved for sales, auctions, information on ebay etc...
- and another for exchanges, requests and free offers etc ...
This could solve the problem but I do not know if this is possible and who decided
Norbert
(lots of etc...in my mails: this shows lots stay to be definite)

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 12, 2017 13:43

stonesman87
I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

The "negative responses" are always the same from the same 5-6 bitter users (on 135 registerd ones), so it doesn't count and you really can't make an objective observation from the insane reactions to skorpio65' posts.

It is crazy to ask to ban someone because he sells too much and/or too expensive on a Buy/Sell/Trade forum!

I guess bv choose to ignore those rabid dogs anyway.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 12, 2017 13:46

Monsoon Ragoon
Yes, he burns down this forum. All DVDs are above the normal price, he even tries to sell bootlegs of the official Hampton 81 which is VERY problematic. As this is no rip-off forum, he should be banned.
I have to agree 100% with you .I do hope BV takes notice because this is most obvious SPAM(as ade so nicely pointed out above ) where he is trying to sell over priced boots of debatable quality and the most obvious fact IS HE IS TRYING TO PEDDLE OFFICALY LICENSED EAGLE ROCK copyrighted material that does not belong to him (Hampton 81 ) Get him out of here so everyone can resume there normal activities .

Date: April 12, 2017 14:14

TheGreek
Monsoon Ragoon
I have to agree 100% with you .I do hope BV takes notice because this is most obvious SPAM(as ade so nicely pointed out above ) where he is trying to sell over priced boots of debatable quality and the most obvious fact IS HE IS TRYING TO PEDDLE OFFICALY LICENSED EAGLE ROCK copyrighted material that does not belong to him (Hampton 81 ) Get him out of here so everyone can resume there normal activities .

Hampton has been bootleged for more than 30 years, is it forbidden to sell this old boot now it has been released? Same with the old TSP CDs?
Is it forbidden to sell an old second hand "get your leeds lungs out" bootleg noW?
Same with the countless boots that contains the Clapton version of Brown Sugar?

In what it is your problem someone sell "overpriced" and "bad quality" bootlegs?

Tell me, you seems to know who can sell, what and at what price...

Date: April 12, 2017 15:19

I agree. I may not be so upset by his activity had he made a 'Master Post' like many sellers on here do, but he drowns the front page with two listings of the same item!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 12, 2017 15:22

Guys, this is Buy/Sell/Trade section. Which means that people can offer their stuff for Sell. It is not download for free only.

One can offer items quietly and politely, the other one - aggressively, bumping and polluting the 1st page with multiple repeating threads. It is his choice to behave like that. He thinks this 'scream loud and and often' behavior will help to sell. Well...

Yes, this is boring and disturbing. But this is a kind of marketplace and sellers on the market behaves differently. The rules for the announcements were not set here. So he is not violating anything (just playing on somebody's nerves). The administration did not fix something like
- We ask that items listed for sale to be from your personal collection.
- We also ask that items purchased be for the buyer's own personal use, and not for resale.
- If you have a store or business, or have your items listed on eBay, Amazon or elsewhere, that's great! We have a Third Party area over in Marketplace (this does not exist on iorr) which you can feature your listings in, and have the benefit of being "public" to the Internet for even greater exposure.
- Posting: members may post up to two new threads per day
- Bumping: members may bump up to two of their own threads, once per day
etc.
Overpriced bootlegs? He is not the only one who tries to sell overpriced bootlegs (of dubious quality). Multiple posts? Sure, disturbing but there are no rules preventing multiple posts and repeated bumping.

PS. Announcements for Hampton 81 and Some Girls tour 78 surely violate the rules of this forum.
[iorr.org]

Date: April 12, 2017 15:26

ironbelly
PS. Announcements for Hampton 81 and Some Girls tour 78 surely violate the rules of this forum.
[iorr.org]

So would that validate banning him?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 12, 2017 15:50

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
ironbelly
[iorr.org]

So would that validate banning him?
A few years ago I provided per request a download link to official material and bv just removed my post. I was not banned, I learned the lesson and never misbehave that way again smiling smiley

To set a ban on him? I do not know. I am neither moderator of this forum nor administrator of the site. So you know - it depends on the will of the administration. And discussing the deeds of the administration on many forums is more dangerous than violating the rules winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 15:53 by ironbelly.

Date: April 12, 2017 16:42

mitch
TheGreek
Monsoon Ragoon
OFFICALY LICENSED MERCHANDISE THAT BELONGS TO EAGLE ROCK

Hampton has been bootleged for more than 30 years, is it forbidden to sell this old boot now it has been released? Same with the old TSP CDs?
Is it forbidden to sell an old second hand "get your leeds lungs out" bootleg noW?
Same with the countless boots that contains the Clapton version of Brown Sugar?

In what it is your problem someone sell "overpriced" and "bad quality" bootlegs?

Tell me, you seems to know who can sell, what and at what price...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 16:44 by TheGreek.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2017 16:56

Situation would be different if this guy was a regular contributor to IORR sharing infos tips analyses etc etc.

His background shows he joined 6 years and in the meantime he posted like 3 messages, cause he had sth to buy or to sell.

And suddeeeeeeeenly... grinning smiley he floods this section with posts because he's looking for a fool to buy the worthless crap he's trying to get rid of. That's the caricature of IORR leeches/members we all could live without.

It's a behaviour that's (in my book anyway) beyond tasteless. It's Iorr.org not dumpyersh!t.org

And do you think that - after this guy has turned this section of IORR inot a cheap souk - that someone like Bkeys will want to drop another unreleased track here? he'll wait or he'll abstain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 17:11 by dcba.

Date: April 12, 2017 18:51

dcba
Situation would be different if this guy was a regular contributor to IORR sharing infos tips analyses etc etc.

His background shows he joined 6 years and in the meantime he posted like 3 messages, cause he had sth to buy or to sell.

And suddeeeeeeeenly... grinning smiley he floods this section with posts because he's looking for a fool to buy the worthless crap he's trying to get rid of. That's the caricature of IORR leeches/members we all could live without.

It's a behaviour that's (in my book anyway) beyond tasteless. It's Iorr.org not dumpyersh!t.org

And do you think that - after this guy has turned this section of IORR inot a cheap souk - that someone like Bkeys will want to drop another unreleased track here? he'll wait or he'll abstain.
Thank you for your most thoughtful note .

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 12, 2017 19:01

As suggested before, put all offers in one topic and don't overspill 'our' pages with all these posts.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 12, 2017 19:18

I agree put the post in ONE topic.

Date: April 12, 2017 19:37

dcba

100% bullshit.

Some other people here sells here without "contributing" and I don't see any problem with that.
When I buy a CD, I don't need to know if the seller think if Taylor is best than Wood...

And thinking somebody like Bkeys won't post in the future because some people sells boots on the Sell section is quite weird...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 12, 2017 19:38

U2Stonesfan

My thoughts exactly.
If he would do that (and doesn't offer CDr copies of official released material),
it would be fine with me.

After all, this is the Buy, SELL, trade topic (which has evolved into a mostly "Share" topic, LOL!)

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 12, 2017 19:44

TheGreek

Yes, and?...
Even still unreleased tracks are copyrighted if you want to go far...
Can a boot released 30 years ago be considered a copy when the official release is only 2-3 years old?
Beside that, can we sell the TSP Miami 94 boot?, the Dandelion St-Louis 97 boot? the NJ 94 boot?

Where is your problem?

Date: April 12, 2017 19:50

coowouters
After all, this is the Buy, SELL, trade topic (which has evolved into a mostly "Share" topic, LOL!)

Right,
But the problem is now that some people here don't understand when a "FOR SALE" post appear in "their" forum!...

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 12, 2017 19:52

coowouters
U2Stonesfan

My thoughts exactly.
If he would do that (and doesn't offer CDr copies of official released material),
it would be fine with me.

as I've said before...put all his for sale stuff in ! post...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 12, 2017 20:15

stonesmuziekfan
As suggested before, put all offers in one topic and don't overspill 'our' pages with all these posts.

Yes, would be okay. Nobody will buy it anyway.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 12, 2017 20:37

stonesman87
Member activity in this forum has almost completely evaporated. I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

It appears to me that activity has almost evaporated because members have stayed away in droves. It appears to me that members no longer want to participate in this forum whilst skorpio65's large number of mostly unwanted (not my opinion, but observation based on all the comments) frequent posts create a logjam in this forum. I visit a few times every day. There are almost no new posts. The rate of new posts has almost flatlined. That sends some kind of clear message. Right now, there are only two posts apart from this one before posts are at least "two days ago". I can't remember seeing this before. I get the impression that members don't even want to click into this forum for fear of seeing more and more posts from skorpio65.

I invite anybody to post comment about this in order to resolve what clearly appears to be a stalemate. It's no good continuing like this. A universally satisfactory resolution needs to be arrived at. Your comments and suggestions ........

Anyone who is not posting because of a few ads must be leading a very sad life..............anyone need a 'get well soon card?'..........eye rolling smiley

The reason everything has flatlined is because the Stones are resting and there's no new stuff coming round.............This why we currently have loads of Mick taylor, Bill Wyman and a few weeks ago Faces shows being posted..........

As for overpriced, he just might not want to let them go for less than he's asking, he might just prefer to keep them......Also, nobody knows how many he's sold....has he said?......He may be doing very well?

last, if nobody is interested, then his posts will eventually sink down the abyss of cyber space, never to be seen again..................and eventually he'll think,,,,,"is this worth it?"

The more people react, the longer that will take.

Date: April 12, 2017 21:32

mitch
TheGreek

Yes, and?...
Can a boot released 30 years ago be considered a copy when the official release is only 2-3 years old?
Beside that, can we sell the TSP Miami 94 boot?, the Dandelion St-Louis 97 boot? the NJ 94 boot?

Where is your problem?
Ok , if anyone wants Hampton 81 or 1978 live go to the store or online retailers and buy the official licensed material (probably for a fraction of what this person is asking for and get it in the best quality video and audio and don't get ripped off buying an inferior quality BOOTLEG ( does that clear up YOUR issue ?) Also to further add I have many times received wonderful items that other kind people have posted links on here because they want to SHARE the joy of our favorite band for FREE .Imagine that huh ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 21:40 by TheGreek.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 12, 2017 21:41

TheGreek
mitch
TheGreek

Yes, and?...

Where is your problem?
Ok , if anyone wants Hampton 81 or 1978 live go to the store or online retailers and buy the official licensed material (probably for a fraction of what this person is asking for and get it in the best quality video and audio and don't get ripped off buying an inferior quality BOOTLEG ( does that clear up YOUR issue ?)

A bootleg is not a copy of an official release, so I have no problem with that.
I do have a problem with CDr/DVDr copies of official releases.
I already gave my opinion on Scorpio's posts, but there still are people who like to have the bootlegs (too). And you have to admit; sometimes the bootlegs look (packaging, not necessarily the quality of video/audio) better than the official releases that came much later ;-)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 12, 2017 22:28

I've already given my stance so no need to repeat it but one thing i must admit begrudgingly is it's kinda funny how Skorpio65 takes absolutely no part in any of the discussion's taking place about himself!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 12, 2017 22:34

geordiestone
I've already given my stance so no need to repeat it but one thing i must admit begrudgingly is it's kinda funny how Skorpio65 takes absolutely no part in any of the discussion's taking place about himself!

grinning smiley ...........thumbs up

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 12, 2017 23:53

mitch
stonesman87
I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

The "negative responses" are always the same from the same 5-6 bitter users (on 135 registerd ones), so it doesn't count and you really can't make an objective observation from the insane reactions to skorpio65' posts.

It is crazy to ask to ban someone because he sells too much and/or too expensive on a Buy/Sell/Trade forum!

Be very careful to understand that by starting this topic, I haven't asked for a ban, so that mention has nothing to do with what I mentioned at the start.

After reading all the responses so far, the one that appears to make the most sense is for everything to be put in a single topic instead of a new topic for each and every new matter, which is what appears to be the greatest bone of contention raised by members.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 13, 2017 01:21

stonesman87
mitch
stonesman87

Be very careful to understand that by starting this topic, I haven't asked for a ban, so that mention has nothing to do with what I mentioned at the start.

After reading all the responses so far, the one that appears to make the most sense is for everything to be put in a single topic instead of a new topic for each and every new matter, which is what appears to be the greatest bone of contention raised by members.

That is the most reasonable thing to do. You can count my vote on this option. thumbs up

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home