Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nasty Music unreleased live album
Posted by: pkrl5758 ()
Date: March 18, 2017 12:29

Hey folks!

I am about to find every possible source tape that had been used to produce an unreleased Nasty Music live album. The project was abandoned and the only remainders are from multiple bootleg titles, of which the very first is 2LP set titled Nasty Music and which was released by TAKRL and SODD. Three different locations are given as the root material used for this live album:

Forest Nationale (1st show), Brussels, Belgium
1973-09-09: Empire Pool Wembley, London, UK
1972-07-26: Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY

Since then it's known that more than these 3 dates are professionally recorded that were quoted to be included on this compilation but have had some problems to find more details.

Can anyone is willing to help and list other dates that were supposedly recorded to be included on Nasty Music unreleased live compilation?

Re: Nasty Music unreleased live album
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 18, 2017 16:42

In my day we bought books that contained factual details. With the advent of the internet, any tosser can cut and paste and put the sludge into a pretty application and BAM! It's FACT!

So, now that I've cleared that blockage... Philadelphia was reported in several local, national, and international press organs as being recorded for an upcoming live album. Texas was expected to yield a host of beautiful gems but the band just wasn't clicking. Whilst the New York shows were almost certainly recorded for posterity's sake, it would only be a violent stretch of the old imagination that there was any intent to include those shows on a live release.

Date: March 18, 2017 22:21

Many thx for your updates & insights.

So, we can rather easily say, that, with just a small percentage of mistake, that many US 1972 shows have been professionally recorded, of which Philly is mentioned in the press and Fort Worth & NY have been recorded (and so they do circulate now) but both weren't considered to be included on a live album.

May we try to list any potential dates that are under a suspicion of being recorded for live album purpose?

Date: March 18, 2017 22:34

I don't know if every show was recorded. There might be a sound mixing desk tape, wh. is what Welcome to New York is.

Date: March 18, 2017 23:23

Sounds very reasonable.

How 'bout European 1973 dates? Any focus on them? Brussels & London have been taped and they're circulating as well. Did they tape other locations too?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 19, 2017 00:22

pkrl5758
Many thx for your updates & insights.

So, we can rather easily say, that many US 1972 shows have been professionally recorded

There must be a raw board tape or cassette of every 72 show (in case the band wanted to hear the night's perf right after the show) but PRO 16-trax recordings with mikes carefully placed in front of amps and drums must exist of FWorth Houston Philie and (possibly) NY (+ Pittsburg?)

My 2 cents... of 1972 money! grinning smiley

Date: March 19, 2017 10:01

I thought the same !! If they were about to consider a live album, then recording most of the tour would be the most reasonable way to do that.

My question now is: what shows from 1972 and 1973 are in circulation as board or multi-track.

Date: March 20, 2017 12:15

I did further investigation and found that at least 4 dates from US 72 have been professionally achieved: Fort Worth June 24, two shows and Houston June 25, two shows. Apart from Philadelphia July 20 and July 21 second show, the MSG show of July 26 the Pittsburgh show of July 22 was also recorded from the soundboard. The book also says that probably the second MSG show of July 25 was also filmed.

Do I miss something actually?

Date: March 20, 2017 16:22

pkrl5758
I did further investigation and found that at least 4 dates from US 72 have been professionally achieved: Fort Worth June 24, two shows and Houston June 25, two shows. Apart from Philadelphia July 20 and July 21 second show, the MSG show of July 26 the Pittsburgh show of July 22 was also recorded from the soundboard. The book also says that probably the second MSG show of July 25 was also filmed.

Do I miss something actually?

Remember that you cannot hold 1972 to 2017; by that I mean we record every corpuscle's movement nowadays. There's lots from 72 that we won't know about. As far as the second show on the 25th of July being filmed... if you were at those 4 New York shows it was magical. But listening to them, it's evident they were tired. July 25th is radiant if you watch it without sound; it's the only time I've seen Mick dance, as opposed to whatever it is he did\does onstage now.

Date: March 22, 2017 12:26

OK just started examining available titles & sources.

June 24, Fort Worth: Ain't No Angel Born On Main Street (VGP), 2 shows, audience recordings
June 24, Fort Worth: Mick Taylor We Miss You (VGP), 2nd show, alternate audience recording
June 24, Fort Worth: Ahmet Ertegun Thank You Kindly (Coast to Coast), 2nd show, soundboard recording

Should I add something for this particular date to be complete with this date?

Date: March 22, 2017 17:39

Bro, what you're discovering now has been known to this community for nigh on 20+ years.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: March 22, 2017 20:33

Has a decent vinylrip of the original Nasty Music bootleg ever surfaced on IORR waters?

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: March 23, 2017 08:37

HEILOOBAAS
Bro, what you're discovering now has been known to this community for nigh on 20+ years.

I am so happy to see that someone like you is enough ready to help me out a bit. So if you do not wanna share your info, maybe it's the time to stop responding to my questions as a newbie in RS matter?

Date: March 23, 2017 14:49

pkrl5758
HEILOOBAAS

I am so happy to see that someone like you is enough ready to help me out a bit. So if you do not wanna share your info, maybe it's the time to stop responding to my questions as a newbie in RS matter?

The info. I share with you I researched for myself. I never asked somebody to spoon feed it to me. It seems you might be taking the easy way out by asking the experts to give you an answer that you can easily research for yourself. And hopefully tell us old wisemen something we didn't know before!! smileys with beer

My email is available here on this site. I can answer any questions you have or direct you to an internet link so you may do as I do and keep the link in your Stones file(s).

Date: March 25, 2017 19:08

I will, I promise. Even I am after any kind of a good resource in such of a book or something. And won't keep that kind of info only for myself but I do see there's not too much enthusiasm to help out of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home