Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
POST BY REQUEST! 1972 Work Sucks, Let's Go On Tour!
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: February 27, 2017 17:55

Here you go!
Enjoy!

FileFactory to WeTransfer

Links expire in 7 days.

Part 1. [we.tl]

Part 2. [we.tl]

I'm fortunate enough to have a premium FileFactory account.
I know it's frustrating using the free (slow) option.
I'm happy to give back in this small way.

So, if there is a show that's in the Stonesvault and you'd like a WeTransfer?
Please do the following:

Request the show you'd like with the FileFactory links in the thread. This way, I don't have to hunt for them. I can D/L the links right away and get them to WeTransfer quickly.

Pay it forward. If the links have expired, and someone requests a re-post, please do it for them. I delete the files from my computer after I upload them to WeTransfer.

For the last few requests I've uploaded, I haven't unzipped the files or listened to them or watched them.

For that reason, I'm unable to answer questions about sound quality or, if there's any artwork.
Actually, that's a pet peeve of mine. Somebody uploads a show, and the first responses are: "Any artwork?" before they say: "Thank You!"
If there's no artwork, CREATE SOME!

If I post a DVD, can somebody create an MP4 and share it? I don't burn DVD's anymore. I watch shows on my tablet on the airplane, or, at the gym.

And most importantly, SHARE what you have. Some of us are sitting on material that hasn't been released anywhere.

I was in that position in 1990. Somebody shared the Barcelona show from the Urban Jungle Tour.
It was a soundboard recording with the only performance EVER of Blinded By Love.
After getting permission from the person who gave it to me, I shared it with VGP.
The result was Blinded By Love by Gypsy Kings. Yep, that was me.

So, if you can, share with us that unreleased gem you're sitting on.

Re: POST BY REQUEST! 1972 Work Sucks, Let's Go On Tour!
Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 18:11

hot smiley
hot smiley
hot smiley
hot smiley
hot smiley

Date: February 28, 2017 00:52

Any artwork? grinning smiley

In all honesty, thank you so much for this! 8/+ hours for this set didn't seem too nice. Also, what DVD do you need MP4'ed? I can see if I have it.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:43

This is really an amazing record of the 72 tour, and it is so much better than the Box Set until I sold off my box set years ago because this one's sound is so much better.

However, I have recently discovered that at least one of the tracks on Work Sucks (CD4, Tracks 9 & 10 - Uptight/Satisfaction medley) have become available in (IMHO) better quality on the Stage Acts Compilation, Vol. 1.

I am looking to discern the original boots on which the tracks on Work Sucks (or the 72 Touring Party Box from Rattlesnake) came from.

Does anyone know, and would you be willing to share what you know.

I am ultimately trying to verify if the Philly Special 2LP Picture Disc is made from the same plates as the original NON-NO-NOISED LP set.

I am also looking for original pressings of Philly Special I and II, but NOT the no-noised ones from 1990.

I truly appreciate any help from anyone, and in particular, direction to sites where I can read the minutiae about this.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 28, 2017 04:11

OK got it now and gracias!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 28, 2017 04:21

stonesstein
This is really an amazing record of the 72 tour, and it is so much better than the Box Set until I sold off my box set years ago because this one's sound is so much better.

However, I have recently discovered that at least one of the tracks on Work Sucks (CD4, Tracks 9 & 10 - Uptight/Satisfaction medley) have become available in (IMHO) better quality on the Stage Acts Compilation, Vol. 1.

I am looking to discern the original boots on which the tracks on Work Sucks (or the 72 Touring Party Box from Rattlesnake) came from.

I am ultimately trying to verify if the Philly Special 2LP Picture Disc is made from the same plates as the original NON-NO-NOISED LP set.

I am also looking for original pressings of Philly Special I and II, but NOT the no-noised ones from 1990.

I truly appreciate any help from anyone, and in particular, direction to sites where I can read the minutiae about this.

The original Philadelphia Special only exists on vinyl as a 2LP-set, from a forerunner of the TSP label which later released the Philly Special I & II sets, both available on vinyl and CD, both no-noised.

Date: February 28, 2017 05:40

By the way, has anybody else noticed any digital glitches like on Part 1, Disc 4,
Track 5 (Gimme Shelter) at 0.16 or is it just me?

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 28, 2017 06:06

retired_dog
By the way, has anybody else noticed any digital glitches like on Part 1, Disc 4,

Hola, pt 1 disc 4 track 5 seemed to play fine for me....

Date: February 28, 2017 06:35

retired_dog
The original Philadelphia Special only exists on vinyl as a 2LP-set, from a forerunner of the TSP label which later released the Philly Special I & II sets, both available on vinyl and CD, both no-noised.

I recall there being Philadelphia Special I and II on vinyl from the 1980s, and I have the 1st one albeit a Picture Disc from the Original Plates. I am looking for a splatter or colored wax PS I and a PS II from before the No-Noise-ing.

I am also looking for the "complete" NYC 7.26.1972 with the Uptight/Satisfaction on vinyl or CD. I understand that this has also been restored to its pre-No-Noise state as well.

Always, any help is so appreciated!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: February 28, 2017 07:47

stonesstein
I recall there being Philadelphia Special I and II on vinyl from the 1980s, and I have the 1st one albeit a Picture Disc from the Original Plates. I am looking for a splatter or colored wax PS I and a PS II from before the No-Noise-ing.

As I've said, the original Philadelphia Special only exists as a 2LP vinyl set in various color editions (not counting Picture Disc editions), there simply are no pre-TSP Philly 1 and Philly 2 (would be 4 LPs) in existence. TSP's Philly 1 and 2 were no-noised right from the start and released on vinyl and CD simultaniously.

Date: February 28, 2017 07:49

rovalle
retired_dog

Hola, pt 1 disc 4 track 5 seemed to play fine for me....

Please check again, at 16 seconds into the track it sounds like Charlie is "stumbling".

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: February 28, 2017 09:01

retired_dog
stonesstein

The original original Philly Special came out as Mick Taylor We Miss You and something else. The second release was on yellow vinyl.

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 09:10

Thanks!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 28, 2017 14:32

dennycranium
If I post a DVD, can somebody create an MP4 and share it? I don't burn DVD's anymore. I watch shows on my tablet on the airplane, or, at the gym.

You know you just have to ask winking smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 28, 2017 15:47

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Any artwork? grinning smiley

You're welcome!

The last two desert trips last fall look interesting!
If you can put them up on MP4 that would be great!

Date: February 28, 2017 15:51

stonesstein

Hey, I'm sorry for my rant on your request the other day. It wasn't really directed toward yourself. I had a moment. I really should just put the stonesvault on a bookmark on my laptop.

I'm amazed at your (and everybody here) who knows all the different versions of specific shows. Commendable.
I'm just addicted to the Open G guitar chords. It's like heroin for my ears!

Date: March 1, 2017 04:15

What is the story of the Philly Special? I know the original idea was to release a live album. But who got ahold of them and made them into boots?

I know the story of Sister Morphine's Cold English Blood Runs Hot [told to me by the man himself one Sunday when I was well into the voddie and lorazepam and he was stoney coldy sober].

But Philly Special is far more popular.

I'm waiting...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 1, 2017 07:17

Here's what I know, which I verified (objective historicals) with a guy who DOES know.

1979-80 - Philadelphia Special a 2LP with B&W cover is released.
1980s - Philadelphia Special II 2 LP comes out with bonus tax.
1990 - VGP Philly Special I & II (2LP & 2CD) comes out with NO-NOISE!!! (Can you say Dolby B?!!)

Beyond that, who knows?

Just wanting to know what went into the CD presses for all Philly stuff? LOTS of different CD sets, etc......

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: March 1, 2017 07:59

stonesstein
Here's what I know, which I verified (objective historicals) with a guy who DOES know.

1990 - VGP Philly Special I & II (2LP & 2CD) comes out with NO-NOISE!!! (Can you say Dolby B?!!)

Beyond that, who knows?

Just wanting to know what went into the CD presses for all Philly stuff? LOTS of different CD sets, etc......

Sorry, you mix it all up. I was close friends with the guy who released both the original Philly Special b&w cover (not in 1979-80, but in 1985) and the TSP Philly Special I & II sets and if he does not know, then I don't know who knows. VGP came years later, CD only. from Japan.

Date: March 1, 2017 09:22

stonesstein

Beyond that, who knows?

Stonesstein, kindly email me. Ta...

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 1, 2017 21:15

Thanks for everything!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 1, 2017 21:49

Thx!
Imo you'll find a much better version of the Pittsburg'72 SB tape on VGP-083...

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: March 2, 2017 03:54

Apparently Philly 1972 "pirate" recordings were out within days after the concerts.

Variety magazine, July 26, 1972:

"Rolling Stones Records will have a live album of the tour, reportedly cut at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, July 20-21, although there is already a pirate on the market."

Date: March 2, 2017 21:36

stoneslib
Apparently Philly 1972 "pirate" recordings were out within days after the concerts.

Variety magazine, July 26, 1972:

"Rolling Stones Records will have a live album of the tour, reportedly cut at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, July 20-21, although there is already a pirate on the market."

Well this could be anything. Most likely bootleg cassette tapes of audience recordings as I've never heard of a Philly 1972 vinyl bootleg released shortly after the shows(s), not to even speak of merely a week. Bootleggers weren't THAT fast back then!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 4, 2017 11:03

One more thing, about the "Welcome To NY" segment :

it's a straight transfert of the vinyl and therefore it's faulty since the original vinyl (and most of subsequent CD releases) run too fast.

Thnk I'm crazy? Read here :
"It was interesting realizing that the famous MSG 7/26/72 show ran fast. I believe the tape was sped up a half-step during the LP mastering process to keep the length of each side of the LP down.

I have been listening to this MSG show since 1974, so I was quite used to the sound of it — which isn’t immediately noticeable as running a half-step too fast"
[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

A sped-corected version of the NYC soundboard segment is to be found on DAC-065. I recommend it over the "normal" ones which are all faulty.

And (warning! I'm being heretic) as you listen to it you realize the "birthday show" wasn't that great... The Stones were obviously tired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-04 11:05 by dcba.

Date: March 4, 2017 15:39

"And (warning! I'm being heretic) as you listen to it you realize the "birthday show" wasn't that great... The Stones were obviously tired."

MAIS NON!!

That is a matter of opinion, copain. Mick's voice was slightly ragged but he compensated for it. Unlike 1975 when he sang, "YO CAIN AHWEEZ GIT WHA CHOO WAAAAAAN....", he sang, "You cain't alwuhz git... what choo wan."

Listen to the music, not Mick's voice, and you'll gain a whole new appreciation for that show, the audience tape included. An interesting fact about the audience tape is that it cuts off exactly where the soundboard recording kicks in.

That show has my favourite all time versions of Sweet Virginia, All Down the Line, Bye, Bye Johnny, & Rip This Joint.

Date: March 4, 2017 23:05

dcba
Thx!
Imo you'll find a much better version of the Pittsburg'72 SB tape on VGP-083...

& don't forget that yours truly has the original version of Sweet Virginia, wh. has been inexplicably omitted from the sbd recording.

[www.filefactory.com]

Date: March 12, 2017 10:34

Please, someone can tell me which shows are sbd and which aud?
Thanks!

Date: March 12, 2017 19:21

Andrea82
Thanks!

I'm sending the details to you + Sweet Virginia from Pittsburgh audience via weTransfer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-12 21:18 by HEILOOBAAS.

Date: March 12, 2017 21:33

HEILOOBAAS
Andrea82
Thanks!

I'm sending the details to you + Sweet Virginia from Pittsburgh audience via weTransfer.

:-) Very kind, thanks a lot.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home