Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Ron Wood Solos
Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: February 5, 2017 16:53

I've always bin a huge fan of Woodys soloing in the mid seventies, so why don't we post a collection of the best. maybe there are some I dont know winking smiley

Paris '76
video: [youtu.be]

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Re: Great Ron Wood Solos
Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: February 5, 2017 21:22

Are there any?

No kidding I can stand his solo on Gimme Shelter (LA Friday 13th) or Beast of Burden (Texas '78).

I also like his playing on Almost Hear You Sigh in 1990 (Tokio)

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: February 5, 2017 22:41

Sorry but i think there is no Great Ron Wood Solos , he is most a rythmic player and eventually a bass player, he try to imitate Mick Taylor on Sway or Can you hear me knockin during 2012 Tour but anyway Ronnie is a good guy and no matter if he isn't a solist !!

Date: February 6, 2017 14:49

5strings
Sorry but i think there is no Great Ron Wood Solos , he is most a rythmic player and eventually a bass player, he try to imitate Mick Taylor on Sway or Can you hear me knockin during 2012 Tour but anyway Ronnie is a good guy and no matter if he isn't a solist !!

You missed out on the Faces as well as the 1975/76 tours, before he was «degraded» to weaving? smiling smiley

Try Hot Stuff on Love You Live and YCAGWYW on Hold On Tight (NYC 1975).

Date: February 6, 2017 16:58

DandelionPowderman
5strings

Try Hot Stuff on Love You Live and YCAGWYW on Hold On Tight (NYC 1975).

Yes , i 'll try again !!! hot smiley

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: February 7, 2017 14:45

Methinks any of the '75 LA shows...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 7, 2017 16:07

YCAGWYW off of Love You Live .

Date: February 7, 2017 18:13

I listen again ,YCAGWYW of love you live , anyway the best ever stay "Welcome To New York" MSG 07/26/1972 !!

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: February 8, 2017 02:06

"I'd Rather Go Blind" on The Faces live LP - ‘Coast To Coast - Overture And Beginners’.

Date: February 8, 2017 15:24

Worried About You : Toronto 2013

Sister Morphine : Fonda Theatre 2015

You Can't Always Get What You Want : Buenos Aires 2006 / Rio 2006 / Los Angeles Forum '75 (can't remember which show) / N.Y. 1975

Date: February 8, 2017 18:22

There is already a «Ron Wood's greatest-solos thread over at Tell Me, with 36 pages and countless examples and videos smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home