Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Autographs" on German ebay
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 5, 2017 13:19

Somebody in Germany offers a (2016?) picture with all autographs. You only need to enter "Stones" and "Autogramm" to find it (remeier2012). Very strange. My autographs of Jagger, Watts look very different, much more complicated, also Keith' looks very simple. Wood is halfway as usual. Another rip-off? BTW could a German get all autographs in South America 2016? Seems nearly impossible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 17:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Re: "Autographs" on German ebay
Date: February 5, 2017 13:22

...error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 13:23 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 5, 2017 19:01

You mean this oneß
haha, great fake...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2017 19:05

And it's being sold for only 3 euros? I want two of these. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 5, 2017 19:19

Meanwhile 16 Euro

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2017 22:20

RS' Autographs for comparison:

[www.Taschen.com]

[Store.AcousticSounds.com] · [TimeLife.com] · [Web.Archive.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 19:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 6, 2017 00:15

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: February 6, 2017 06:32

I dont understand the allure of autographs. I never have.

I always get a kick out of the often shown movie scene where the frustrated "star" passes out head shots (or something) to the minions and exclaims "HELP ME SIGN THESE!" grinning smiley

And the tales of The Stones themselves (and bunches of other stars) signing for each other when someone wouldn't show up.... and then we learned about the auto pen.... and all of the other ways things get signed. I find it pretty funny. I am more attracted to mint condition items where no grubby fingers have ever touched it.

But to each their own, it is all fun.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 7, 2017 12:15

If Kieth signs something he dates it with the year under his signature now so don't think these are genuine

Date: February 19, 2017 19:37

Now he has another one. Looks like a poor falsification again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 19:38 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 19, 2017 19:46

Monsoon Ragoon

Do you mean this one? Very poor falsification indeed.

Date: February 19, 2017 19:54

Yeah. He doesn't seem to know how they really sign. The one above sold for some 30 EURO btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 19:59 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 19, 2017 20:15

Cristiano Radtke

And the photo must be a Polaroid if he got the autographs in London at Saatchi Gallery on 4-Apr-2016 .... grinning smiley

The real autographs (London, Saatchi Gallery, 4-Apr-2016): [iorr.org] + [iorr.org] .

[www.gettyimages.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 20:45 by Irix.

Date: February 19, 2017 20:52

Irix

The real autographs (London, Saatchi Gallery, 4-Apr-2016): [iorr.org] + [iorr.org] .

[www.gettyimages.com]

Thanks, Irix! smiling bouncing smiley Almost a year ago...time flies by.eye rolling smiley

Date: February 19, 2017 20:55

Cristiano Radtke
Monsoon Ragoon

Signed by Pievel, Unp, Cal and Koo Piss. Great band!

Date: February 20, 2017 17:00

After this discussion I have informed Ebay that this is very likely a fake.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 20, 2017 18:46

Charlie:

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 20, 2017 19:15

coowouters
Charlie:

WOW + WOW! hot smiley

Date: February 28, 2017 17:53

TooTough
You mean this oneß
haha, great fake...

It reached 103 Euros. I informed Ebay people, but they did nothing.

Ahhh, wrong picture. I meant the second one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 18:19 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: March 3, 2017 08:30

I think the whole thing is really easy. As far as I'm concerned, the only autograph that really means anything, and that has any value (and that's to me only) is an autograph I've got myself personally, i.e. person-to-person. Anything else, I can't possibly have any idea if it's authentic or not, and I really gotta say that certificates of authenticity physically presented with allegedly authentic autographs mean only that the autographs are allegedly authentic. Certificates of authenticity can't and don't prove anything to me. The same goes for photographs of stars allegedly signing the autographs. They're pictures. I have no way of knowing if the autograph being given in the picture is the autograph I have in front of me. It's simply not possible to establish whether or not an autograph is authentic unless you've collected it in person yourself. The bottom line is to make your own decision when buying this stuff, and not to have any regrets when you've bought.

As you can probably all imagine, I've never purchased an autograph, so I've never had any doubts or regrets about autographs. I hope this helps a lot of people to put this matter into proper perspective.

Date: March 3, 2017 10:30

You're right, but it's still unfair to sell obvious fakes for more than 100 Euro. But if people are so stupid...

Date: March 3, 2017 11:39

Monsoon Ragoon
You're right, but it's still unfair to sell obvious fakes for more than 100 Euro. But if people are so stupid...

Thanks, and you're right too, especially confirming what I mentioned about everybody needing to make their own decisions and, really, not to complain if you find you bought a dud, or even just think that you did. That, to be realistic, includes paying big bucks for obvious fakes, the stuff that just doesn't pass the smell test. Which brings me full circle - how do you really know if you've bought a dud or a real one? I say it's impossible. Back to opening position - the only autograph you can really trust is the one you've collected yourself.

Date: March 3, 2017 12:42

stonesman87
the only autograph you can really trust is the one you've collected yourself.

And then you can can be stupid like me, LOL!
During the Licks tour, I had a 40 Licks Box signed backstage by all 4.
Unfortunately, the signatures were done with a normal pen.
After the box was signed, I went to put it in my car.
The next day, I used kitchen shrink wrap to protect the signatures.
A couple of years later, I wanted to know what was inside the box, so I took off the shrink wrap and suddenly had 2 sets of autographs; the shrink wrap had absorbed part of the ink, and the autographs on the box were seriously faded.....

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 3, 2017 19:32

coowouters
stonesman87
the only autograph you can really trust is the one you've collected yourself.

And then you can can be stupid like me, LOL!
During the Licks tour, I had a 40 Licks Box signed backstage by all 4.
After the box was signed, I went to put it in my car.
The next day, I used kitchen shrink wrap to protect the signatures.
A couple of years later, I wanted to know what was inside the box, so I took off the shrink wrap and suddenly had 2 sets of autographs; the shrink wrap had absorbed part of the ink, and the autographs on the box were seriously faded.....

What a pain, sorry to hear about this Chris!

Date: March 3, 2017 22:43

Good point. I should therefore add the strong advice " .... and protect it, safely'' to my bottom-line comment. It's all a case of "buyer beware". Hope we don't hear any "crying in my boots stories", other than Chris's sad smiley

Date: March 4, 2017 00:12

Even a very high asking price on E-bay isn't always a guarantee that the autograph is real.

So as Stonesman87 keeps on telling, you can only be sure of the autographs you got in person.

I'm not an autograph hunter, but I did manage to get a nice collection of autographs (in person), except for 2 items!

The first one is kind of a (almost literally) sweet story:
For one of the concerts (can't remember the tour), I brought Lisa a box of Belgian chocolates. She was delighted and took them with her when she left the backstage bar.
An hour or so later, she came back in, looked around for me and when she had found me, she gave me a guitar pick guard, signed by all 4, the back-up singers, Bobby K, Blondie, Tim R and Chuck L.
So now I don't really know if these are real, as I didn't see the thing signed, LOL!!!!!

Anyway, I bought a (cheap) guitar and replaced the pick guard with the one I got from Lisa.

Years later,before I left Europe for a couple of years, I sold the guitar to a German museum, where it's still on display.

(I think I still have a picture of the guitar somewhere, if I find it, I'll post it here)

The second one was one of the limited to 50 hand-signed litho's, which I bought from the official Stones store. (I have all the numbered plate-signed litho's too, some from the limited to 5.000, some of the limited to 2.500 series)

Chris from Belgium

Date: March 4, 2017 06:33

coowouters
Even a very high asking price on E-bay isn't always a guarantee that the autograph is real.

So as Stonesman87 keeps on telling, you can only be sure of the autographs you got in person.

I'm not an autograph hunter, but I did manage to get a nice collection of autographs (in person), except for 2 items!

The first one is kind of a (almost literally) sweet story:
For one of the concerts (can't remember the tour), I brought Lisa a box of Belgian chocolates. She was delighted and took them with her when she left the backstage bar.
An hour or so later, she came back in, looked around for me and when she had found me, she gave me a guitar pick guard, signed by all 4, the back-up singers, Bobby K, Blondie, Tim R and Chuck L.
So now I don't really know if these are real, as I didn't see the thing signed, LOL!!!!!

Anyway, I bought a (cheap) guitar and replaced the pick guard with the one I got from Lisa.

Years later,before I left Europe for a couple of years, I sold the guitar to a German museum, where it's still on display.

(I think I still have a picture of the guitar somewhere, if I find it, I'll post it here)

The second one was one of the limited to 50 hand-signed litho's, which I bought from the official Stones store. (I have all the numbered plate-signed litho's too, some from the limited to 5.000, some of the limited to 2.500 series)

Chris, thanks for your note of support. Dead right about the price. A really high price might be an indication of a suspect deal from somebody who's really pushing it. A noticeably low price could also be treated as potentially suspect. You can't really tell. My rule is an easy-to-follow golden rule which, IMHO (winking smiley) works every time and which, again IMHO (winking smiley), everybody should follow and they'll never have a problem or a doubt with an autograph. One proviso - you need to be sure you're with the real person and not an impostor! For example, if you think you're getting an autograph from Elvis in person here in 2017, think carefully. (yet another winking smiley). Thank-you verrrry much, uh-huh, uh-huh.

Date: March 4, 2017 12:30

coowouters

Yes, absolutely.

I was recently at an Autograph hour with a well known Artist. I compared the different Autographs which he gave to the fans and the non-complex Autograph differed depending on if it was a Cover/Ticket/Autograph-Card/etc, the Pen he used and if he was focussed to the Autograph or was talking with fans while signing. Everyone could have done that Autograph with a little practice.

coowouters

It would have been annoying too if the Autograph was done with a normal Pen with non-permanent Ink (like for Kids painting) and then smudged.

The Ink of the Pen should also be Light-resistant if (for instance) someone wants to hang a signed Poster on the wall.

It's also no good idea to put the Autograph in plastic sleeves which contain plasticizer, because the Ink could react with them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-04 12:55 by Irix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home