Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ebay items
Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: January 8, 2017 09:13

Was just showing people ...maybe I should of said can I get some advice on what the prices should be ..instead all I got was some jerk who commented on I how much I was cheating people .. not my intent. I'll gladly change the prices.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 10:16 by sneaky.

Re: Ebay items
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 8, 2017 09:56

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 11:34 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 8, 2017 10:12

Guess your not interested then

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 8, 2017 10:25

sneaky
Guess your not interested then

What's the auction?

Date: January 8, 2017 10:33

Never mind ...apparently I'm asking too much for these.
Have Stray Cats CD from new mono box set, as well as the Let it Bleed mono one ...A CD of band & various solo recordings including Jumping Jack Flash from the Seville in '69, Green hard back version of forty licks with alternative photos from the original 40 licks a fold out pop up Rolled Gold 2CD set and a clear vinyl Lp of the Fonda Theatre show playing all of Sticky Fingers May 20 2015

Date: January 8, 2017 11:24

Maybe you don't know the real value of the items. Get The... is worth just 15-20 $. Not sure about the official ones, but less than offered.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 8, 2017 16:26

Isn't that what Ebay is about? To charge more than the actual value. There is always a buyer out there somewhere ready to be duped...

Date: January 8, 2017 17:10

Stoneage
Isn't that what Ebay is about? To charge more than the actual value. There is always a buyer out there somewhere ready to be duped...

Yes and no. There are some freaks world wide who pay too much. But that's seldom. It's more likely you won't even reach the real value. Yesterday I got the 2CD Box of Toronto 94 (stadium show) for 5 bucks. That's of course less than the value.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:18

If I were to sell stuff on eBay, I wouldn't call myself sneaky. smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 8, 2017 19:45

.... was just foolin with ya ...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 23:51 by Rockman.

Date: January 8, 2017 23:05

I went on here, regrettably now ..to show some items for people to look at ...got labelled a cheat, a con artist and had my name criticised by some jerks that call themselves Koen and Rockman ...I must say I didn't expect all of that.
I hate pretentious and sarcastic people ...and this site is full of them! I have learnt my lesson well and truly...its a shame hey all I wanted was some advice, criticism if need be but done politely and to show what things I have.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 9, 2017 01:02

Hey man, it was just a joke smoking smiley

Date: January 9, 2017 01:21

It would be less sneaky of you to get pricing advice/sell this stuff in the Hot Stuff-section on IORR..

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 9, 2017 11:59

Is this what all the fuss is about!!!!!

Date: January 9, 2017 12:10

sneaky
I went on here, regrettably now ..to show some items for people to look at ...got labelled a cheat, a con artist and had my name criticised by some jerks that call themselves Koen and Rockman ...I must say I didn't expect all of that.
I hate pretentious and sarcastic people ...and this site is full of them! I have learnt my lesson well and truly...its a shame hey all I wanted was some advice, criticism if need be but done politely and to show what things I have.

You wanted totally absurd rip-off prices at the beginning. Of course this will not remain uncommented on this site. What did you expect?

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 9, 2017 13:03

Mister sneaky,
Be polite, what do you have for selling on E-Bay?
The only words from you is:
....Prices advice? For what?
....You are not interested? In what?
.... Than you say: I'm asking too much!!! For what?
Let's see your stuff for biddings on E-Bay! (put the link from E-Bay to watch it)
Not for me. I only buy in Japan.
Greets,

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 10, 2017 13:29

sneaky
Never mind ...apparently I'm asking too much for these.

Perhaps so...but it's all good, sneaky. Don't mind the cretins and charlatans on iorr. They're just pulling your tail a little bit. I've had my feelings hurt before, but it's like pigtails being dipped in the inkwell - no harm is usually intended and it all comes out in the wash. Stick around if you'd like.

-swiss

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 10, 2017 14:56

Monsoon Ragoon
You wanted totally absurd rip-off prices at the beginning.

Why rip-off? Nobody is forced to buy, I guess people are mature and responsible here.
I find it terrible that this propensity of some people to feel obliged to give their "opinion" on objects for sale on this site (without anybody ever asks them!)

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: January 10, 2017 15:26

mitch
Monsoon Ragoon

Why rip-off? Nobody is forced to buy, I guess people are mature and responsible here.
I find it terrible that this propensity of some people to feel obliged to give their "opinion" on objects for sale on this site (without anybody ever asks them!)

I agree!

As for the comments; after being a member here for 12 years, I finally realized last year that it is better not to reply on such comments (even if they are not meant the way someone thinks, which more often occurs when English is not your native language).

As you can see, it only leads to more discussion.

Chris from Belgium

Date: January 11, 2017 18:02

coowouters
mitch
Monsoon Ragoon

I agree!

As for the comments; after being a member here for 12 years, I finally realized last year that it is better not to reply on such comments (even if they are not meant the way someone thinks, which more often occurs when English is not your native language).

I know what I am writing, although I'm German. Why should we not criticize if somebody wants 60 $ or something for a very common 1CD release? This here is no forum for overpriced offers I think.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 11, 2017 18:37

Monsoon Ragoon
Why should we not criticize if somebody wants 60 $ or something for a very common 1CD release?

Because this is not your business.
Someone has something for sale, take it or leave it.
Why comment if you are not interested or if nobody asked you?

Date: January 11, 2017 18:37

Monsoon Ragoon
coowouters
mitch
Monsoon Ragoon

I agree!

I know what I am writing, although I'm German. Why should we not criticize if somebody wants 60 $ or something for a very common 1CD release? This here is no forum for overpriced offers I think.

You may know what you write, and you can criticize as much as you want, but the "when English is not your native language" was meant in general, not for you or any other specific person...

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 11, 2017 21:48

Everything has it's price - the market will dictate that- price too high you won't sell - price too low people will snap it off you - Do your research. If you want to sell on this board Ask for advise there are some great opinions to be had. And as Chris W say's sometime words can be lost or misinterpreted in translation.

'Who's a fighting and what for?'

Date: January 11, 2017 22:29

Tonstone
Everything has it's price - the market will dictate that- price too high you won't sell - price too low people will snap it off you

Right!
And as a side-note; the market (e-bay) is not interested in bootlegs at the moment; too many people preferring to download and burn their own CDrs or DVDrs...
(unless it's something they have been wanting for ages and can get at a VERY low price)
As far as I know, you can set a price, but also use the option "make an offer", don't know if that's really helpful, but it could give an indication IF someone is interested and what they are willing to pay.

Chris from Belgium

Date: January 11, 2017 23:19

coowouters
Tonstone
Everything has it's price - the market will dictate that- price too high you won't sell - price too low people will snap it off you

Right!
And as a side-note; the market (e-bay) is not interested in bootlegs at the moment; too many people preferring to download and burn their own CDrs or DVDrs...
(unless it's something they have been wanting for ages and can get at a VERY low price)
As far as I know, you can set a price, but also use the option "make an offer", don't know if that's really helpful, but it could give an indication IF someone is interested and what they are willing to pay.

Cheers Chris as I said , great advise from people on the board. Chris what's your take on Vinyl boots? a few years ago I was contemplating getting rid of them to any good home[I have around 200 - 300] Box sets - Test pressings -Std Vinyl Boots] all in storage, but now on doing some research and with the resurgence of vinyl, I find I am now looking at the average price for a Vinyl Boot around £30 ?. I am in no hurry to sell as I love these collectors item's but do feel I need to up my insurance on these. Again advise I would part to others with a vinyl collection. I am sure this may come full circle with people who collect CD silvers. Their day will come again once we get told how great CD is when all else fails.What goes around comes around. Save those Silvers!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-11 23:22 by Tonstone.

Date: January 11, 2017 23:33

Tonstone
coowouters
Tonstone

Right!

Cheers Chris as I said , great advise from people on the board. Chris what's your take on Vinyl boots? a few years ago I was contemplating getting rid of them to any good home[I have around 200 - 300] Box sets - Test pressings -Std Vinyl Boots] all in storage, but now on doing some research and with the resurgence of vinyl, I find I am now looking at the average price for a Vinyl Boot around £30 ?. I am in no hurry to sell as I love these collectors item's but do feel I need to up my insurance on these. Again advise I would part to others with a vinyl collection. I am sure this may come full circle with people who collect CD silvers. Their day will come again once we get told how great CD is when all else fails.What goes around comes around. Save those Silvers!!

I know I'm not Chris, but I feel like (depending on the condition) $20-$30 for a standard one-disc vinyl boot with no extras (posters, stickers, etc.) sounds like the just-right price. Usually, that's the most I would contemplate paying for a boot (CD, DVD, or vinyl).

EDIT: Fixed formatting. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-12 01:56 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Date: January 11, 2017 23:45

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Tonstone
coowouters
Tonstone

Right!

Cheers Chris as I said , great advise from people on the board. Chris what's your take on Vinyl boots? a few years ago I was contemplating getting rid of them to any good home[I have around 200 - 300] Box sets - Test pressings -Std Vinyl Boots] all in storage, but now on doing some research and with the resurgence of vinyl, I find I am now looking at the average price for a Vinyl Boot around £30 ?. I am in no hurry to sell as I love these collectors item's but do feel I need to up my insurance on these. Again advise I would part to others with a vinyl collection. I am sure this may come full circle with people who collect CD silvers. Their day will come again once we get told how great CD is when all else fails.What goes around comes around. Save those Silvers!![/quote

I know I'm not Chris, but I feel like (depending on the condition) $20-$30 for a standard one-disc vinyl boot with no extras (posters, stickers, etc.) sounds like the just-right price. Usually, that's the most I would contemplate paying for a boot (CD, DVD, or vinyl).

Thanks for the reply - When you take into account it's around £20 for a single standard vinyl album now - then yes £20 - £30 is a fair starting price for an out of press boot. If it goes to an ebay Auction then the selling price will sort it's self out. All depends on how much you want or value what's up for sale.

Date: January 12, 2017 01:11

Tonstone

As I said before (for CDs), the market is slow the last2 years. So even Vinyl bootlegs will not sell easy, unless you put a low price on it, and even then...
I would certainly wait and follow the market to see if more interest is coming.

The nice thing about vinyl, IF correctly stored, is that they can last almost forever, where (even silver) CDs only have a fairly limited lifespan ( Expectations vary from 20 to 100 years and if not used,just stored for future use; some 15 years). for "r"'s (CD-r or DVD-r) but also for "normal" cds, DVDs and BRs, it's best to have the ones with a golden coating (live expectancy: some 300 years), most will have an aluminum coating, which will sooner or later degrade so much that your hardware will not be able to correct errors anymore and your disc will be lost, same but slower degradation for silver coating.

Anyway, BeforeTheyMakeMeRun is correct with his price tag (at the moment and for a "normal, no thrills included) single bootleg LP.

Now if you happen to have a real "promotional Album", I would insure that for a little more, LOL!

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-12 01:45 by coowouters.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 12, 2017 10:23

I've sold 75 bootlegs vinyl:
One disc & Two disc mixed.
All bought between 1972 and 1988.
Only boots: sessions, mixed shows, bad quality's boots ect.
All in one bid or bod: €450 for all.
No postage, sold them in one lot at an LP & cd convention.

Date: January 12, 2017 11:09

tioms
I've sold 75 bootlegs vinyl:
One disc & Two disc mixed.
All bought between 1972 and 1988.
Only boots: sessions, mixed shows, bad quality's boots ect.
All in one bid or bod: €450 for all.
No postage, sold them in one lot at an LP & cd convention.

That's 6 euro per bootleg.....

Chris from Belgium

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home