Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: 17 July 1972 - Montreal - mix of sources, Frankenstein monster n°18
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 27, 2016 14:33

Live In Forum – Montreal 17 July 1972
I got 3 versions of this one.
« Where Were You………In 1972? » (S-Hole Production) and « Awesome Stones » (no label) are very similar and muddy (only the sound of « Awesome » is more low). The last one it’s the cd n°2 of « 1972 US Tour » (Stones Of Fire 9010).
All this versions are coming from the same source, had a poor quality and miss « Rip This Joint »
(see *) and also the intro in the SOF version.
An extract of « Jumping Jack Flash » appears as bonus on the VGP 100 « From The Vaults ».
(see **)
Of course I try lots of tests: the difference between the two first is the sound amplification but the 3rd is different with much treble…. too much for my ears! For me the SOF version is too much hissy and aggressive so I decided to make my own mix.
I obtain the best result using the « Awesome » source and adding some treble with a filter before to amplify the sound with 10db (see the result of the treatment and the specters comparison on the artwork file).
So this compilation is only for the Stones freaks, no hope to find here a good quality!
I had only try to make the more complete and in the better sound (for my old ears) with my two pennies software but with lots of patience and passion.
Remember I’m not Captain Acid or Teague Raw !!! and compare the result with the previews versions to appreciate the difference.
Now my others DIY modifications:
I remake the transitions between the songs (because often the songs begin at the end of the preview track).
For « Brown Sugar »: I upgraded the beginning and cut the gaps in the transition with « Bitch »
At the end of « Happy » a little sequence of some seconds was repeated, I cut it.
I cut a « blip » at the end of « Love In Vain »
Between « YCAGWYW » & « All Down The Line » was a gap (on all versions) now stays a transition a little brutal.
* The transition between « Bye Bye Johnny » and « Jumping Jack Flash » seems in the continuity, without any gap …. I think that, contrary of what is writing on the usual referential sites, « Rip This Joint » was not played in this show!
** Making some research on the web I discover that the JJF excerpt from the VGP 100 is coming from a Canadian TV program “Rock-A-Bye 1973 a documenter with The Stones at the Forum, Montréal, 17 July, 1972. I found two extracts from this program at [www.youtube.com], I use the TV report as intro of this show and at [www.youtube.com] to make the conclusion because this extracts containt not only the JJF extract but also a great SFM extract (Mick Taylor work!!!) I rework both extracts ( note that the beginning is a mix from the intros of JJF & SFM! very curious).
I create an artwork for this Frankenstein new monster the n°18 with two great photos from Tom Gellman at [www.jgphoto.com]

link valid until 04/12/16
[we.tl]
Norbert

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: 17 July 1972 - Montreal - mix of sources, Frankenstein monster n°18
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 27, 2016 15:02

Thanks Norbert!!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 27, 2016 15:44

One of my favourites from 1972! This is the closest The Stones came to Altamont II. The equipment truck was bombed whilst parked outside The Montreal Forum the night before the show. Air Canada bumped luggage to have the annihilated tweeters replaced in time for the 20,000 paying ticket holders & untold forged ticket holders.
There was a credible enough bomb threat the day of the show that Montreal's finest scoured the arena for things that might blow up. Whilst the reaction of the crowd is clearly enthusiastic, they were out of control.
During the opening bars of YCAGWYW some bright soul set off bangers, wh. sounds like gunshot. Mick was scared out of his mind. And anybody who doubts his professional onstage behaviour take note: he glanced at his bodyguard Leroy stage left, who nodded it was OK. If it had been me I would have had a toxic meltdown in Quebequois, French, English, and Tagalog.
Mick cut Rip This Joint from the set to get the heck out of there. And Montreal thanked Mick for the great show by hurling a bottle at the stage which hit Mick in the leg (you hear the band stop and start at the beginning of SFM and yan audience member says, "Bottle!").
The planned encore of Uptight\Satisfaction was spiked. The Stones retired to their hotel so they could rest up for the following night's concert in Baastan. But that's another story!

Date: November 27, 2016 16:18

HEILOOBAAS
One of my favourites from 1972! This is the closest The Stones came to Altamont II. The equipment truck was bombed whilst parked outside The Montreal Forum the night before the show. Air Canada bumped luggage to have the annihilated tweeters replaced in time for the 20,000 paying ticket holders & untold forged ticket holders.
There was a credible enough bomb threat the day of the show that Montreal's finest scoured the arena for things that might blow up. Whilst the reaction of the crowd is clearly enthusiastic, they were out of control.
During the opening bars of YCAGWYW some bright soul set off bangers, wh. sounds like gunshot. Mick was scared out of his mind. And anybody who doubts his professional onstage behaviour take note: he glanced at his bodyguard Leroy stage left, who nodded it was OK. If it had been me I would have had a toxic meltdown in Quebequois, French, English, and Tagalog.
Mick cut Rip This Joint from the set to get the heck out of there. And Montreal thanked Mick for the great show by hurling a bottle at the stage which hit Mick in the leg (you hear the band stop and start at the beginning of SFM and yan audience member says, "Bottle!").
The planned encore of Uptight\Satisfaction was spiked. The Stones retired to their hotel so they could rest up for the following night's concert in Baastan. But that's another story!

Thanks Johannes for all this interesting informations so we can listen this show with "different ears" and this confirm my conclusion about the missing of "Rip This Joint"
Norbert

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: November 27, 2016 18:40

Thanks Norbert!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 27, 2016 19:32

thanks you again any more plans for 1972 ?

Date: November 27, 2016 19:59

vancouver
thanks you again any more plans for 1972 ?
My first idea was to try to re-work
June 22, 1972 - Municipal Auditorium, Kansas City
June 29, 1972 - Municipal Auditorium, Nashville
but they're so bad quality that I cannot imagine spent time on it and that the result can be interesting.
If you have some suggestions don't hesitate
Norbert

Date: November 27, 2016 20:22

seattle june 4 72 2nd. three different sources

Date: November 27, 2016 21:09

vancouver
I post weeks ago the Eat A Peach version: it's complete and it's my favourite version so I don't see why make a mix with the other versions if they are not so good!

Date: November 27, 2016 21:39

StonyRoad
vancouver
I post weeks ago the Eat A Peach version: it's complete and it's my favourite version so I don't see why make a mix with the other versions if they are not so good!

i did not know about it i search for it..

the dac 013 to be in stereo

Posted by: Ratano ()
Date: November 27, 2016 22:03

thank you!!!! great work thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 27, 2016 22:27

Ratano
thank you!!!! great work thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
+1

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: November 27, 2016 23:16

Thanks!

Date: November 28, 2016 00:48

Anybody else had trouble at JJF? I've used the Unarchiver (worked, sort of), Keka and Rar expander failed.

Date: November 28, 2016 01:01

vancouver

The first show is better; they were tired and burnt out during the second.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 28, 2016 01:48

Thanks Norbert for your Frankenstein Production 18!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 28, 2016 06:02

And another thank you thumbs up

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: November 28, 2016 16:48

Thank you for the monster
smileys with beer

Date: November 28, 2016 20:56

Is it possible to do a re-upload of the Eat A Peach version seattle june 4 72 2nd

Date: November 28, 2016 21:20

vancouver
Is it possible to do a re-upload of the Eat A Peach version seattle june 4 72 2nd

Vancouver, pls email me about Seattle 72. Ta

Date: November 28, 2016 21:20

vancouver
I don't want to re-up something I already upload because after I take it out of my PC, so all must be do a second time!
But you are lucky because I put in an external HD my E.A.T. numbers for a friend of mine. They're already in .rar so it will be quick to do!

Date: November 28, 2016 23:43

thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home