Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Promotional Album 1969
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 23, 2016 00:44

Hi Stones Fans: Anyone interested in an absolutely beautiful copy of this album?

I will supply pics soon

Thank You,
Soulsurvivor

Re: Rolling Stones Promotional Album 1969
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 23, 2016 09:35

Will the price be absolutely beautiful or routine-as-usual-sky-high? winking smiley

Posted by: stoneslink ()
Date: November 23, 2016 13:39

Yes Please

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 24, 2016 15:44

Yeah, would be nice.
Thanks
jeroen

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 24, 2016 22:13

I don't pay more than $1.50 for anything; ask my lawyer. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: November 24, 2016 22:21

Looks like a test of market reactions to a proposal.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 24, 2016 23:21

Yes, please!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 24, 2016 23:57

ironbelly
Will the price be absolutely beautiful or routine-as-usual-sky-high? winking smiley

Here are some prices (including the Australian version):

[www.popsike.com]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 24, 2023 02:20

I've read there are only about a few hundred copies of this promotional album. I know a couple that are up for sale on eBay, discogs, etc. I would kill to be able to afford to purchase a copy for my collection. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 24, 2023 03:00

Currently 29 for sale - [www.eBay.com] , [www.eBay.com] , [www.eBay.com] , [www.Discogs.com] - but most of them are the different Australian RS-3006, not the rare U.S. RSD-1.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-24 03:35 by Irix.

Date: January 24, 2023 05:28

Irix
Currently 29 for sale - [www.eBay.com] , [www.eBay.com] , [www.eBay.com] , [www.Discogs.com] - but most of them are the different Australian RS-3006, not the rare U.S. RSD-1.

Are the Australia copies bootlegs?

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: January 24, 2023 10:43

yes quite interested if it is the Decca UK version

Date: January 24, 2023 12:20

JordyLicks96

Are the Australia copies bootlegs?

There're two Australian versions: one with red labels - [www.Discogs.com] - and one with blue labels - [www.Discogs.com] .

But the labels look very professional and there's no 'unofficial'/'bootleg' remark on Discogs. The labels say: 'DECCA' and 'Made in Australia by EMI' - [www.eBay.com] , [www.eBay.com] .

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: January 25, 2023 17:27

"This album has been prepared for radio stations only by the Rolling Stones as a program aid. It was felt that most stations have in their library both volumes of the Rolling Stones' hits LP's (TXS 101 and SKL 5019 *) and that one more LP, assembled especially for radio stations, could be of great help in programming. This LP, consisting of 14 Rolling Stones selections, spans the complete recorded which will be included in the Rolling Stones' next LP (Love In Vain). This LP, then, in combination with the two hits LP's can provide radio stations with a comprehensive history of the Rolling Stones". -mlejay, Gold CD, 2008-09-21 00:15:03, Size: 285.21 MB (299,065,754 bytes), [www.hungercity.org]

Rolling Stones Decca England Promotional Album RSM-1 LP for sale at ebay
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 14, 2018 07:24
[iorr.org]

The Rolling Stones Promotional Album - UK Decca LP (RSM 1)

Listed Price: €10,000.00 EUR

Description
Conceived in September 1969, this album was designed specifically to promote their upcoming U.S. tour. The LP collected the best tracks left off the group's two official existing compilation albums plus the 'new' track 'Love In Vain', from the forthcoming 'Let It Bleed'. LP.

Although aimed squarely at U.S. radio stations, Decca decided to press up a small batch of copies for distribution in the UK which were allocated the catalogue number 'RSM 1'. The U.S. version on the London label was given the catalogue number 'RSD-1'.

Covers for both the U.S. & U.K. versions were printed in the U.S. and all carried the 'RSD-1' catalogue number. However there are differences between the two, the main one being that the U.S. LP lists the Stones' U.S. album catalogue on the right side of the rear panel - on the UK version this area is blank.

Contemporary information from Decca in the UK stated that just 200 copies of 'RSM 1' were pressed, compared to 2,000-2,500 copies of the U.S. 'RSD 1'.

The example on offer here is one of the only 17 signed examples known to exist today and this is one of them.

The sleeve is SIGNED on the rear panel by: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Mick Taylor in blue ball-point pen and Bill Wyman & Charlie Watts* in blue felt-tip.

It is believed that around 20 copies were signed by the band in October 1969 during a session at Olympic Studios.

*Recent research has suggested that Charlie Watts was absent from that session and that Bill Wyman signed on his behalf.

The example on offer here is one of the only 18 signed examples known to exist today. This copy was original owned by genius DJ Kenny Everett. It was passed down his family until being sold on eBay in 2011 and then again to its current owner in 2018. It is documented on the website stonesondecca.com as 'Signed copy no.7: [www.stonesondecca.com]

Both labels are the 'small' blue & silver 'boxed' Decca variety with the catalogue number: RSM. 1

Matrix numbers: XARL-9205-2A & XARL-9206-1A

Stamper codes: 1/B & 1/B

Vinyl weight: 152g

Housed in a slick-on-posterboard cover printed in the U.S. but with UK rear panel layout.

Complete with original poly-lined red/mono Decca inner-sleeve & a copy of the original Decca press release.

parlogramauctions.com/Listing/Details/917670/The-Rolling-Stones-Promotional-Album-UK-Decca-LP-RS

Stones on DECCA
[www.stonesondecca.com]

THE PROMOTIONAL ALBUM
London RSD - USA- 1 okt. 1969
Matrix ZAL - 9241-1 // ZAL - 9206-A
[www.rollingtom.se]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 27, 2023 14:45

That Promotion Album RSD 1 IS NOT RARE! Too many in a year for selling on E-Bay.

RSM1 DECCA That's a rare LP album. (200 made) 180 onsigned 20 signed.
And I didn't see or saw an onsigned DECCA RSM 1 on E Bay for years.

I've all also an Australien and I miss one: DECCA RSM1 'ONSIGNED'
I have a signed DECCA RSM 1 LP album.
And this is mentioned in stonesondecca.com by the signed LP's RSM 1.
greets,

Date: January 31, 2023 00:35

tioms
That Promotion Album RSD 1 IS NOT RARE! Too many in a year for selling on E-Bay.

RSM1 DECCA That's a rare LP album. (200 made) 180 onsigned 20 signed.
And I didn't see or saw an onsigned DECCA RSM 1 on E Bay for years.

I've all also an Australien and I miss one: DECCA RSM1 'ONSIGNED'
I have a signed DECCA RSM 1 LP album.
And this is mentioned in stonesondecca.com by the signed LP's RSM 1.
greets,

If the London version only pressed around 2,000 copies then I would indeed call it a rare item. I've found about 10 for sale right now online, one on sale for around $225 (without the sleeve). Debating on whether I should purchase it or not.

Date: January 31, 2023 13:55

JordyLicks96

Debating on whether I should purchase it or not.

You could buy two of them: a version where the LP is undamaged and a version where the cover is undamaged. Then turn two into one.

Date: February 1, 2023 12:19

Who buy's an LP without a sleeve? And who buy's a sleeve without the LP? And than you mixed together? You have to be lucky to find them in a separated way! Good Luck! I only know ONE SLEEVE (without the 7"sg) that's worth money: 7"Sleeve sg" "Street fighting man" And London promo RSD 1 versions are almost every month for selling on E-Bay.
I miss 2 in my collection:
Decca RSM 1 ONSIGNED
and
Original 7"sleeve "Street Figthing Man"

Date: February 1, 2023 12:30

tioms

Who buy's an LP without a sleeve? And who buy's a sleeve without the LP? And than you mixed together?

Simple example: two separate cases where a pet discovered the LP or Cover as toy or food. And then they got damaged .... turn two into one.

Date: February 1, 2023 14:14

turn two into one? And it's worth "nothing".

Date: February 1, 2023 14:20

tioms

And it's worth "nothing".

But you've paid almost "nothing" ....

Date: February 2, 2023 04:33

tioms
Who buy's an LP without a sleeve? And who buy's a sleeve without the LP? And than you mixed together? You have to be lucky to find them in a separated way! Good Luck! I only know ONE SLEEVE (without the 7"sg) that's worth money: 7"Sleeve sg" "Street fighting man" And London promo RSD 1 versions are almost every month for selling on E-Bay.
Decca RSM 1 ONSIGNED
and

Considering that only 2000-2500 copies were given away and not for public sale, I'd still say that's pretty rare. And people buy LP's without the sleeve all the time. If it's a rare record, than it's still a rare record even without the sleeve.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 2, 2023 04:59

JordyLicks96
tioms
Decca RSM 1 ONSIGNED
and

Considering that only 2000-2500 copies were given away and not for public sale, I'd still say that's pretty rare. And people buy LP's without the sleeve all the time. If it's a rare record, than it's still a rare record even without the sleeve.

JordyLicks96, tough to follow tioms' rant. You find a real RSD-1, regardless of condition, if the price is right, buy it, and upgrade later.

Sure, RSM-1s are rarer (mine cost $1.8KUS 15 years ago), but if you are going for the really heavy stuff like you've written about, you have to be ready to pounce when you see them, because they don't come up often. tioms is correct, RSD-1s are around, but be careful to get the seller to give you matrix #s and pix of spine and close pix of labels. I have these records and picked them up over the years with painstaking attention to detail. I've been offered many and accepted few.

Listen to guys like Treaclefingers, Jan Richardsson, and other serious collectors - they will help you like treacle has been doing, because we want more serious guys to traade & deal with!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 2, 2023 14:56

JordyLicks96 -

this one is real, though challenged, but still real:

eBay RSD-1

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: February 4, 2023 17:50

stonesstein
JordyLicks96 -

this one is real, though challenged, but still real:

eBay RSD-1

A few that I've asked for pics on Discogs were definitely real. Oh how I wish I could afford it right now. I want to be a collector but money is just so tight for these types of albums. sad smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 4, 2023 23:14

Nothing can bit Japanese SHM-SACD of Promotional Album with sticky plastic OBI and a signature of Brian Jones. Bet, even Matt Lee does not have this rarity winking smiley.

Date: February 5, 2023 12:55

ironbelly

Nothing can beat Japanese SHM-SACD of Promotional Album with sticky plastic OBI and a signature of Brian Jones.

Because Brian wath not dead, he doth not sleep, he wath awaken'd from the dream of life - when SACD was introduced by Sony & Philips in 1999 - so Brian could sign the one-off copy of this Promotional Album. winking smiley

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: February 6, 2023 01:56

Has it been debunked that Love in Vain is diiferent from the album version?

Date: February 6, 2023 02:57

Mr. Jimi
Has it been debunked that Love in Vain is diiferent from the album version?

I've also heard it's the album version.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: February 6, 2023 22:35

It's the album version on RSD-1.
Ive played and compared the two albums. I could not hear any difference, sadly.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home