Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Q: playing with boots files can hurt people
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:33

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: September 25, 2016 16:02

StonyRoad

It exist on incomplete sdb or in audience (and both source on the compilation I made some days ago)

Norbert O.

Soundboard ?

I am currently downloading your "personnal compilation", improved, remastered, upgraded, "améliorated" grinning smiley and so on.

I am leaving home for a few days, I will not be back before next thursday to check your rather strange work, but I don't believe in a big surprise.

What I exactly think : please, stop mixing different tapes/recordings into "new improved" recordings. Collecting is already enough complicated, and become even more complicated with "Frankenstein tapes". Please leave the original tapes as they are. That advice is not just for you, but for other wizards, too.

Don't take it too hard, but if you can undertand this, thanks, Norbert.

so this is my answer:
Ok but
- they're no obligation for no one to follow me in my games
- I received some encouragements when I make my TV, radio etc... compilations
So, I will no more send them on IORR to don't hurt people like you and I will keep them from my personnal contacts (or from the ones that send me their personnel mails adress)
No problems for me, I had not understand it can hurt someone, so I hope you will be satisfied this way
Of course I will continue to post on IORR but only files without any modifications, even if hurts me to post something with some defaults easy to correct.
Norbert O.
Norbert O.

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-25 16:37 by StonyRoad.

Re: Q: playing with boots files can hurt people
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: September 25, 2016 17:17

StonyRoad

No problems for me, I had not understand it can hurt someone, so I hope you will be satisfied this way
Of course I will continue to post on IORR but only files without any modifications, even if hurts me to post something with some defaults easy to correct.

Norbert O.

Norbert, are you nuts????????
Just because 1 person can't handle collecting, you quit??????????
How many "real" bootlegs do you think are "Frankenstein tapes"? Let me tell you; a lot!
So you WILL keep on sharing your work here, you hear!!!!!!!! And that's an order from a retired Officer !
If they can't handle it, then they should not read your posts or download your stuff. As far as I know, nobody is forced to download anything on this site.

Carry On!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 25, 2016 17:20

Once I was forced to download a few things...but it all turned out quite well in the end...
Listen to officer Chris. He's right

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 25, 2016 17:23

Munichhilton
Once I was forced to download a few things...but it all turned out quite well in the end...

>grinning smiley< ..........and wot Chris said..............(Knebworth is a great example of a great Frankenstein boot..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-25 17:25 by EddieByword.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 25, 2016 20:19

i like frankenstein boots/works.take a look at the led z boots.

i like merge stereo a lot of hendrix concerts is merge stereo. i want more stones merge stereo

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: September 25, 2016 20:55

Norbert..keep up the good work.....

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:30

Can't believe I just read that.
As a former addictions counsellor I thought I'd seen it all.
And now I find that there are bootleg pushers out there praying on unsuspecting adults. Where will it end?

Carry on doing what you do Norbert, you're not hurting anyone.

If anybody has been affected by 'downloading binary syndrome' please contact me at jimmy@nomindofmyown.com for a free information pack.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:50

0ops, I got addicted! I need some treatment...and your free information pack JS!

Go on if you want Norbert!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 25, 2016 22:18

Norbert, keep it up. There will always be someone with an opinion.

There will also be those of us who enjoy your efforts

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: September 25, 2016 22:49

Quique-stone
0ops, I got addicted! I need some treatment...and your free information pack JS!

I'll be honest with you Kike, it's just a front for my on-line smack business eye rolling smiley

Date: September 25, 2016 23:03

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone

I'll be honest with you Kike, it's just a front for my on-line smack business eye rolling smiley

...and I fell down like a child with a candy trick.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 25, 2016 23:23

Hi Guys
sorry for this "coup de blues", in fact I will continue, always precising exactly what I done, and with special artwork to don't confuse with the previews versions.
I'm collecting boots for more of 20 years and no, I never find this complicated, only funny or I had stop from long time ago.
Making this give me the pleasure to re-listen my boots.
Thanks for the positives vibrations (not the best TYA but I like it too)
Norbert O.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 25, 2016 23:32

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone

And it's quality smack...I'm not just a customer, I'm a shareholder!

Date: September 25, 2016 23:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-05 19:47 by blueswithafeeling.

Date: September 25, 2016 23:47

Munichhilton
JimmyShelter
Quique-stone

And it's quality smack...I'm not just a customer, I'm a shareholder!

I should have known that!

Date: September 25, 2016 23:48

StonyRoad
Hi Guys
sorry for this "coup de blues", in fact I will continue, always precising exactly what I done, and with special artwork to don't confuse with the previews versions.
I'm collecting boots for more of 20 years and no, I never find this complicated, only funny or I had stop from long time ago.
Making this give me the pleasure to re-listen my boots.
Thanks for the positives vibrations (not the best TYA but I like it too)
Norbert O.

Go on Norbert! >grinning smiley<
I always have appreciated that you create, modified or add artworks for your works! thumbs up

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 09:03

Norbert! You are an important addition to IORR.

Don't leave us just because one strange member doesn't like what you and probably others are doing. Probably that guy has no idea how much work, soul and heart you have put into those boots.

So listen to Officer Chris, and keep on doing this amazing work.

And thanks for sticking with us!

Frankie

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 26, 2016 10:25

Yes, please keep up the good work!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 26, 2016 15:38

Munichhilton

Rule number one: Your commanding officer is always right!
Rule number two: In case your commanding officer is wrong, rule number one will automatically be put in effect!

grinning smiley

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 27, 2016 01:27

Norbert, I appreciate your posts and look forward to all of your future ones.

Thank you

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 27, 2016 13:17

You have my blessings

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 27, 2016 13:21

Norbert , keep up the good work all the fine folks here appreciate your hard work as i do myself .Bravo Norbert !!!!!!!!!thumbs up

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 27, 2016 17:16

frenki09
Don't leave us just because one strange member doesn't like what you and probably others are doing. Probably that guy has no idea how much work, soul and heart you have put into those boots.

LiveAtHidepark is a purist, like too few on this board indeed.

Date: September 27, 2016 17:30

mitch
frenki09

LiveAtHidepark is a purist, like too few on this board indeed.

You can be a purist, but if you're open minded, you'll be interested in what people do with some material.
I fa purist doesn't like the result, he can (politely) say so, but he has no right to urge people to stop trying to make their version and share it the way LiveAtHidepark did.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 27, 2016 17:58

coowouters
You can be a purist, but if you're open minded, you'll be interested in what people do with some material.

No, I don't think it is possible to be interested by home-made "improvement" when you are a purist.
You can ignore this kind of "work" or you can make a point sometime. This is what LiveAtHidepark have done there.
There is nothing to be taken too seriously anyway.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2016 17:59

Imho these remakes/remixes are not the problem as long as they're correctly labelled in ppl's collection.

The worst thing is when someone (in search of a good deed to do) shares a show with the comment "don't remember where I got it".
So you're unable to know if it's an original recording, a fan remake (and remade by who?) a matrix of several tapes, an alt new tape, etc etc.

Torrent sites are great cause you have to provide a lineage for the stuff you share.

Date: September 27, 2016 18:39

LiveAtHidepark
please, stop mixing different tapes/recordings into "new improved" recordings. Collecting is already enough complicated, and become even more complicated with "Frankenstein tapes". Please leave the original tapes as they are. That advice is not just for you, but for other wizards, too.

This is what disturbs me.
"Purists" have no right to dictate what "not -so-purist fans" do with tapes (smells like censorship and dictatorship).

But I also agree with the remarks about labeling, but I think Norbert is clear enough on that.

I've had enough tapes that were announced as "original" but turned out to be "Frankenstein tapes", But I label Norbert's tapes as "1969-xx-xxx Norbert version" (and include a txt file with his explanation of what he did)

Oh, BTW, there's a "Frankenstein tape" nobody complains of that tracks from other venues were used; all those versions of "Brussels Affair 73", LOL!!!!!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Date: September 27, 2016 19:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-05 19:46 by blueswithafeeling.

Date: September 27, 2016 20:46

It is import to keep the original info text too.

Date: September 27, 2016 20:51

It is so easy...I name Norbert O.'s versions as "StonyRoad" and keep all the info he shares plus his covers, that simple fact is enough for me.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home