Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Date: April 10, 2016 18:44

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:33 by blueswithafeeling.

Re: Post: Stripped CD-i multimedia content of 1st CD release
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:20

Thnx for this post

Re: Post: Stripped Enhanced CD multimedia content of 1st CD release
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 10, 2016 23:57

blueswithafeeling
The multimedia stuff from the first Virgin release that was only accessible in Windows 95 or earlier...
There is a folder MEDIA on the CD which I uploaded as it is. You can play the .MOV files with VLC. The PIC files seem to be pictures. I got no idea how to open them.
There are some other files on the CD to install Quicktime and other crap which I omitted because they won't run anymore on operating systems of today.

[we.tl]

Second this statement. I was able to run the contents under Windows 98 with some mumbo-jumbo with drivers (or virtual CD-ROM). Don't ask me, I just can't remember because that was long ago.

The video could be played with VLC. .pic files - are pictures for MAC but right now are not accessible with Windows 10. Maybe XP or older versions could handle those.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: April 11, 2016 06:46

you can open the *.pic files by XnView:

Posted by: SlippingAway ()
Date: April 11, 2016 23:17

I tried XnView but it crashs on me.
Could someone convert the pics and post them?
Thanks smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2016 03:11

Here's a back-up link just in case. smiling smiley Expires about 90 days... after the most previous user downloads it.

Zippyshare

EDIT: Link wasn't showing up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 03:15 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: April 12, 2016 06:16

here's how i managed to view/convert the .pic files:

* install XnView

* rightclick the first .pic file in the media folder - open with - choose another app
* mark 'always open with'
* navigate to the XnView install folder
* doubleclick 'XnViewPortable.exe'
* the file will open
* file - save as - .jpg file

to view/convert the other files:
* go to the media files folder
* doubleclick the next .pic file
* file - save as - .jpg file

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 12, 2016 11:40

Brings back memories, thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 12, 2016 21:10

It would be nice to have the pics converted to normal jpeg or whatever.
The MOV files only are audio on my system, dont know if there is any footage included.

Posted by: rollman ()
Date: April 13, 2016 02:33

Not all of the movies in this are audio, only the ones with "aud" in the title, the rest of the movies are very low definition with a 4:3 aspect ratio. The .pic files can also be opened with Adobe Illustrator, which I used to open and convert them with. I have uploaded the pictures worth converting in .bmp format, the other pictures are just pieces of a montage of part of the "interactive" media, which I included a few for you to see for yourself that they aren't really worth looking at. These photos are in a zip file, 175Mb, here:[ StrippedPics ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 03:36 by rollman.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 13, 2016 02:49

For some reason I had Quick Time installed on my PC so I was able to view all of the files. Not only that, the software also gave me the option of saving the files in Windows friendly formats.
The pictures are in .bmp format and the videos are in .AVI format.

Wetransfer:
[we.tl]
Expires April 19.

File Factory:
[www.filefactory.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 03:05 by Deltics.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 09:27

The whole thing's brilliant, innit? Once upon a time I extracted all this from my copy and I tried to make a working equivalent to play on PC, but it had to have very limited capabilities. It ended up being no more than the equivalent of a sampler with snippets and previews. Is there a genius out there who can make a Windows 10-compliant getup of this with everything working the way it did originally? That'd be cool.

I mean to say, all true blue Stones aficionados need to have this accessible in their collections, not trapped and inaccessible in another dimension on the multimedia CD. That's unless you're still running Windows 95. C'mon "start me up" (pun intended) again.

Posted by: SlippingAway ()
Date: April 13, 2016 09:50

Thanks

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 13, 2016 20:47

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 13, 2016 21:16

I wonder which "Angie" was used in the CD Rom bonus? Deltics?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 13, 2016 22:51

Thanks for the work on this.

Date: April 14, 2016 01:31

stonesman87
The whole thing's brilliant, innit? Once upon a time I extracted all this from my copy and I tried to make a working equivalent to play on PC, but it had to have very limited capabilities. It ended up being no more than the equivalent of a sampler with snippets and previews. Is there a genius out there who can make a Windows 10-compliant getup of this with everything working the way it did originally? That'd be cool.

I mean to say, all true blue Stones aficionados need to have this accessible in their collections, not trapped and inaccessible in another dimension on the multimedia CD. That's unless you're still running Windows 95. C'mon "start me up" (pun intended) again.

Couldn't you just run Windows '95 in a virtual box inside of another operating system ??

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 08:35

Winning Ugly VXII
stonesman87

Couldn't you just run Windows '95 in a virtual box inside of another operating system ??

That's interesting, and worth a try if it can be done. Can you explain how to do it? This could simplify the whole thing for everybody. Here's hoping.

Date: April 15, 2016 05:24

stonesman87
Winning Ugly VXII
stonesman87

That's interesting, and worth a try if it can be done. Can you explain how to do it? This could simplify the whole thing for everybody. Here's hoping.

VirtualBox software from,I believe,Oracle. It can run on both 32-bit and 64-bit modern versions of Windows and Linux. Apple might be 64-bit only.

The first step would be to save the Windows '95 boot image as an .iso disk image file. I'm not sure if you need a license key for the Windows '95 boot image but,here's one tutorial :

* [eduardprogramming.blogspot.com] *

There are also a couple of instructional YouTube videos out there.

You might be able to get the boot image from the following link : * [www.allbootdisks.com] * .

A second option is DOSbox but,I think that there you definitely need a license key which would be around 30 U.S. dollars.

"4M Linux" (free) has this software pre-installed with last year's version .... probably the current version has it as well. You might need to adjust some settings in the virtual machine software program to run Windows '95 as noted in the first link.

This is just to point the general direction. I really don't use this type of software very much but it is an option for some people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home