Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Post: Rattlesnake's 10 track partial Sbd from Sheperds Bush Empire June 8th 1999
Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:22

Thank you Chris for this.

P.s. I have from CC the full 3 CD as original Silver Disc
if there is a demand for it. can I upload it.

Re: Post: Rattlesnake's 10 track partial Sbd from Sheperds Bush Empire June 8th 1999
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:37

thanks everybody a lot thumbs up

Posted by: basti ()
Date: April 9, 2016 02:06

yes please thumbs up

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 9, 2016 03:03

dcba
JMARCOU
My favorite concert that I attented with Astoria.

Really? The playing is stiff, uninspired and the setlist sucks : "Melody" never takes off and the band chooses two awful cuts from VL to make the show "special".

Baaaaaad decision...

Appreciate your input, but as JMARCOU was actually there then I Guess it would have been magical to have been part of by Stones standards an intimate show. So perhaps that's why it's a favourite concert. The set list sucks ? I think I would love to have heard - Some Girls - Melody - I Got The Blues - Brand New Car - Moon Is Up - You Got The Silver - Route 66' - Saint Of Me - At any concert I could attend. Perhaps the playing could have been better? I love what I hear at these concerts. Melody it was her Second Name.Perhaps it could have been her first name?.I had a listen to the cd's and yes I would agree the playing is a bit lame.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 10:33 by Tonstone.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2016 03:36

EddieByword
blueswithafeeling
coowouters

You're right...

Same source as "Morph 11 Don't Bust The Crust", "VGP-225-Secret Affair" and "DL 117-118 Cow Skins And Pig Shoes", only slightly better remastered.
(DL being the worst)

I'm afraid you're right and RS has us by the balls with this one.
Still many thanks to F for purchasing and sharing this one with us!

I don't have the C2C version, could you upload that one please?

Not C2C but CC (Crystal Cat)
See here: [www.iorr.org]

DL's Cow Skins And Pig Shoes is from a different source btw.

I just downloaded the CC version and 'Like a Rolling stone' seems to be missing from the London wembley show and 'It's only rock'n'roll' is missing from the Shepherd's Bush show?

up

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 9, 2016 04:20

where would I be able to find it?

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 06:25

I think this is not the soundboard recordings.
This must be the same audience source as Crystal Cat's "Sweet Home London" or partial copy of its Disc3.
Both have missing in the beginning of "Melody" and we can hear the same audience cheers here and there.

p.s.
Sorry, I found blueswithafeeling had already written the same.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 09:49 by atsu69.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 10, 2016 10:54

A big thanks to Chris and his friend

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 10, 2016 12:54

thanks chris

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:04

From the CC in the vault all three disks miss one song (LARS on disk 1, IORR on dick 2), and on top of the missing one 2 songs of disk three won't play for me, . A whole CC upload is appreciated.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:16

Thanks for this. Although this is no soundboard, the quality is very good. Mick is in great form, imo. Good to hear rarities like Melody, Moon Is Up & Brand New Car. I hope the show was also recorded professionally and sees one day a "from-the-vaults-release".

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 11, 2016 11:02

But there are several releases of the entire show in great quality. Two, three different tapes were used I think. I have the latest release on SODD. There easy to get on Ebay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-11 11:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: April 12, 2016 18:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:33 by blueswithafeeling.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2016 19:09

blueswithafeeling
Their other recent release "Pinkpop On Fire" is taken from a source that I already have

Really? I think they could have trotted down to Landgraaf and make their own recording of the show... Maybe "Rattlesnake" is now managed by the same guys who handle the DAC label? (disclaimer : I'm joking here).

Date: April 12, 2016 19:12

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:33 by blueswithafeeling.

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: April 12, 2016 19:27

Thank you to Chris,
but this release is embarrassing, indeed.
What was passing by Rattlesnake crew mind???

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 14, 2016 19:45

Once in a while you can get away with selling a fake to a boot label. The "Jagger rehearsal tape" sold to TSP was one, this is another.

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: April 19, 2016 21:51

Very interesting!
[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

The Rolling Stones, “The Sad Tortured Story Of ..” (Rattlesnake RS 266)

Shepherds Bush Empire, London, England. June 8th, 1999

Some Girls / Melody / I Got The Blues / Brand New Car / Moon Is Up / You Got The Silver / Route 66 / Tumbling Dice / Brown Sugar / Jumping’ Jack Flash.

We all get stung sometimes. Maybe it’s an April fools joke, a comment that we make or a simple pratfall that causes to look around and make sure no-one was looking. Feel for the Rattlesnake label, a brand who have given us so much over the years, unearthed many fantastic studio recordings and concerts for our delectation who have seemingly fallen for a snipe attack which has given them cause to curse a tape collector who promised them an un-bootlegged tape – Known to have traded in collectors circles for some time – and has set them up royally.

The partial Brixton soundboard tape was announced to be forthcoming in March of this year along side a field recording from the Stone appearance at the Pinkpop festival in 2013. The track listing seemed to be very interesting indeed – Plenty of songs were played at the show that wouldn’t be played out on the larger shows on this tour. The Brixton show was intended to show the Stones eyeballing the crowd and warming up some of the great unleashed tracks from the vaults. The full show was originally released on the Dandelion labels, “Cow Skin and Pig Shoes”, an excellent audience recording over 2 disks, so we already knew what to expect but in much better quality.

So deep was the excitement for this soundboard, as soon as it was released, it was picked up and torrented, that when the doubt set in. One bat-eared listener and collector noticed that this was’t a true soundboard. Once measured against another set that they had in their collection, namely Crystal Cat’s “Sweet Home London” recorded on the same night as “Cow Skins ..” but from another, different but also very rich audience source. There was a cut in ‘Melody’ which marked the tape out as incomplete, trouble is, this was obvious on the Rattlesnake recording too.

It’s a shame that the RS label have suffered this attempt to bruise their reputation – Since their previous club gigs of the past year or so have been some of THE shows to collect, the artwork is, as usual, top notch and the only vintage recordings that you should be collecting seem to have come from this gang (With a few notable Eat A Peach, IMP and Goldplate releases in the mix) it’s an unfortunate turn of events. No doubt there’s more to come however and we’ll forget about this blemish in time.

File under unfortunate.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home