Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: March 6, 2016 17:26

04 July 1975 – Memphis
« Revolution’75 (Rockin’ Rott)

For this one I make the comparaison from my 3 versions. In fact « Revolution’75 » and The Rockin’Rott was exactly the same ! The 3rd « Memphis’75 » is coming from the same source but « Happy » & « S F M » was missing and the songs are not well cut in tracks (often the song begins at the end of the preview track) but the sound was a little better in particuliar for the second CD. So I use it and added the missing songs from the « Rockin’ Rott ».
The speed was real too slow, making comparison with the duration on the « dbboots » it needs a correction of 11,2% !
The remain defaults are on my 3 versions !
CD 1 :
On the beginning of IORR are some noises and the end is missing (fade out after 4’20s).
CD 2 :
The band intro is missed but it’s present on the version showed on « dbboots » and on the cover of Rockin’ Rott !
On the biggest part of the cd2 are strange noises (seems fireworks) : perhaps coming from the microphone ( ?) because ithey’re on my 3 versions
They’re only one channel in the last two tracks so I make a fake stereo to recreate a second channel.
Conclusion : another bad quality tape, but another piece on our wall of Stones.
[we.tl]
link valid until 13/03/2016
Norbert O.

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: 04 July 1975: Memphis
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 6, 2016 18:08

Many thanks Norbert! smileys with beer

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: March 6, 2016 18:14

Thank you.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 6, 2016 19:51

Thank you!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Shattered78 ()
Date: March 6, 2016 20:19

Thank you!

Craig

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 6, 2016 21:19

thanks again!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 6, 2016 22:00

Quique-stone

Hey Quique - good to see you back. Have you been following the Stones in Argentina?

Thank you Norbert thumbs up

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: March 6, 2016 22:25

Thanks!

Date: March 6, 2016 22:56

Oh just viewed the artwork!! - looks like another of my ancient artworks and possible recordings used without a thanks or mention down the line.. Not a problem with you Norbert you are doing a great Job, keep it up. But I am going to be very careful with what I release from the Scottish Vault and to who in future. thumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-06 23:04 by Tonstone.

Date: March 6, 2016 23:58

Tonstone
Oh just viewed the artwork!! - looks like another of my ancient artworks and possible recordings used without a thanks or mention down the line.. Not a problem with you Norbert you are doing a great Job, keep it up. But I am going to be very careful with what I release from the Scottish Vault and to who in future. thumbs down
My three copies are from 3 different countries (France, Germany, Italy). You never know who is responsible for the source unless it is specified on the cover.
Your work has circulated and had to please a lot of collectors, it is a consolation!
Norbert

Date: March 7, 2016 00:14

StonyRoad
Tonstone
Oh just viewed the artwork!! - looks like another of my ancient artworks and possible recordings used without a thanks or mention down the line.. Not a problem with you Norbert you are doing a great Job, keep it. up

My three copies are from 3 different countries (France, Germany, Italy). You never know who is responsible for the source unless it is specified on the cover.
Your work has circulated and had to please a lot of collectors, it is a consolation!
Norbert

You are so correct Norbert, I should have done so way back. hey no big deal as long as the music reaches the fans.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-07 06:28 by Tonstone.

Date: March 7, 2016 00:50

Tonstone
Quique-stone

Hey Quique - good to see you back. Have you been following the Stones in Argentina?

TY Tonstone! I went to the 3 La Plata's concerts and also to the Montevideo show! Met some cool guys and lads from this forum! After that I had some computer issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-07 21:01 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 7, 2016 16:07

Thanks for all the work

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: July 13, 2016 13:06

Hi!
Was just checking that one.
I think there is a mistake on Cd 01 confused smiley:
I've got twice tumblin' dice, but not Happy, even if Track 10 is called so.
Anyway, many thanks to Norbert for his great job here.
Hervé

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 13, 2016 16:15

hj3009
Hi!
Hervé

I have a Memphis, but I'm not sure if it's Norbert's, but if it is (have a look at the artwork under the link), here's "Happy":
[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 13, 2016 16:37

Thanks a lot, Chris!
Very kind, much appreciated.
Cheers
Hervé

Posted by: Carlosjagger ()
Date: July 13, 2016 17:07

Thanks!

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: July 13, 2016 18:29

Hi Stones Fan`s and collectors!

Kindly Regards
Rock`s Off

Andreas

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: July 13, 2016 18:32

I`m looking for download

-Live on Air 1963 Vol.1
-Live on Air 1963 Vol.2
-The Beatles-Live At The Convention Hall, Atlantic City,
New Jersey, USA 1964

Someone can help???

Kindly Regards
Rock`s Off

Andreas

Date: July 21, 2016 13:25

hj3009
Hi!
Hervé

passing home on my vacation, I found this message.
Sorry for the error and thank you to Hervé for his vigilance and to Chris for his help
[we.tl]
link valid until 28 July 2016
Norbert

Date: July 21, 2016 16:03

Thank you very much, Norbert ! Un grand merci tout droit de la Bretagne !
Hervé

Date: July 21, 2016 23:43

Thanks again Norbert!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 22, 2016 00:51

I was wondering if there would be a follow up
Thanks for the fix,

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 22, 2016 13:11

I have CD1 if anybody wants to compare.

Posted by: FloresMuertas ()
Date: November 24, 2022 23:06

Hello someone who can share this show.
Thanks

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2022 13:19

StonyRoad

The speed was real too slow, making comparison with the duration on the « dbboots » it needs a correction of 11,2% !

Norbert O.

Hi Norbert I "studied" this one too and I came to the conclusion it shouldn't be improved with the "speed tool" but with the "pitch correction" one.

Take HTW : it's in F which is wrong, as the song is from day one in G. If you speed up the track till it's in G it sounds far too fast. But if you use the pitch tool and you add a whole tone to the track (F to G) bang you're dead on!

And the "add a whole tone" works for every track of the tape.

It's a very strange affair (probably unique) but Memphis requires a pitch correction not a speed correction.

Date: November 25, 2022 14:15

dcba
StonyRoad

Norbert O.

Hi Norbert I "studied" this one too and I came to the conclusion it shouldn't be improved with the "speed tool" but with the "pitch correction" one.

Take HTW : it's in F which is wrong, as the song is from day one in G. If you speed up the track till it's in G it sounds far too fast. But if you use the pitch tool and you add a whole tone to the track (F to G) bang you're dead on!

And the "add a whole tone" works for every track of the tape.

It's a very strange affair (probably unique) but Memphis requires a pitch correction not a speed correction.
very interesting
can you re-post the show after the pitch correction?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2022 14:24

I can with one or two tracks.... back then I didn't find the time to correct the whole show.

[www4.zippyshare.com]

"lineage" :
FLAC files from 2006 -----> Audacity : pitch tool ("changer la hauteur" pour nous) 2 semitones higher cad 1 whole tone.

Looking forward to your opinion Norbert!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-25 14:59 by dcba.

Date: November 25, 2022 15:56

dcba
I can with one or two tracks.... back then I didn't find the time to correct the whole show.

[www4.zippyshare.com]

"lineage" :
FLAC files from 2006 -----> Audacity : pitch tool ("changer la hauteur" pour nous) 2 semitones higher cad 1 whole tone.

Thanks I will check it this weekend!

Date: November 28, 2022 16:39

dcba

Bon c’est très difficile de s’y retrouver surtout pour moi qui ne suis pas musicien.
Je trouve ta version un peu rapide alors que la mienne est pratiquement synchro, à 0,1% près, de celle de ‘L.A. Friday’ (pour prendre un show de la même période et de bonne qualité).
Je poste ci-dessous un bout de mix pour HTW pour que tu t’en rendes compte (pour moi la vitesse et la hauteur ont l’air correctes :
Pour que ma version soit synchro avec la tienne je dois l’accélérer de +4,1% et alors effectivement je dois enlever un ½ ton. Est-ce qu’on ne pourrait pas imaginer que c’est ta version qui est trop rapide, qu’il faut la ralentir et alors ajouter ½ ton ?
J’ai d’autres projets en cours mais je pourrais peut-être revoir un peu tout cela plus tard
Merci de me donner ton avis.
…………..
Well, it's very difficult to find your way around, especially for me who is not a musician.
I find your version a bit fast whereas mine is practically in sync, within 0.1%, of that of ‘L.A. Friday’ (to take a show from the same period and of good quality).
I post below a piece of mix for HTW so that you realize it: (for me speed and tones seems correct):

For my version to be in sync with yours I have to speed it up by +4.1% and then effectively I have to take a ½ tone off. Couldn't we imagine that it's your version that is too speedy, that we have to slow it down and then add ½ tone?
I have other projects in progress but I could perhaps review all this a little later.
Please give me your opinion.

[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home