Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Problems accessing the site? (Windows XP)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 21, 2016 11:57

I got a couple of mails from people who cannot access the site anymore.
All are using Windows XP.
Any XP users around who don't have a problem?
Or who had a problem and know how the solve it?

TIA,

Chris from Belgium

Re: Problems accessing the site? (Windows XP)
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 21, 2016 12:12

I had also this problem with Windows Vista and Internet-explorer 9.
With Firefox and Chrome it works fine.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 21, 2016 13:14

I've checked mine, Windows xp is ok with Firefox but not Internet Explorer 8........."Internet Explorer cannot display webpage"........

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 21, 2016 15:19

I'm running XP & Foxfire on my PC & a couple of days ago I couldn't access the site for 6 hours or so, then the problem resolved itself. Didn't think to try it on my laptop running Win7

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 21, 2016 16:34

vox12string
I'm running XP & Foxfire on my PC & a couple of days ago I couldn't access the site for 6 hours or so, then the problem resolved itself. Didn't think to try it on my laptop running Win7

The site was down for everyone then..........posted on Tell me .... [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: February 21, 2016 17:00

Hi,

I´m running XP and since a few days I cannot access IORR with Opera and Chrome.

But it works fine with Firefox.

DiddleyBo

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: February 21, 2016 19:21

A few days ago i too could not access the site with a WIN XP and Firefox but the next day the issue was resolved.

Today even though it's working fine i decided to try Internet Explore version 8 and i still can't access the site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-21 23:09 by THE DON.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 21, 2016 19:25

I had reported this problem in the thread over on the "Tell Me" page:

[www.iorr.org]

bv answered and said that and I quote:

"IORR is working with all browsers, I mean ALL."

Hate to say it, but it seems he is wrong here.

You can no longer access IORR with IE8 running on Windows XP 32 SP3.

Windows XP 32 SP3 and Firefox or K-Meleon do the trick!

Date: February 22, 2016 21:49

Why would you want to use an outdated 14 year old operating system which is no longer even supported with security updates of any kind .... to browse the internet ??

XP is even much more porous security-wise than more modern and current versions of Windows among other drawbacks.

Not the best approach.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 22, 2016 22:05

Winning Ugly VXII
Why would you want to use an outdated 14 year old operating system which is no longer even supported with security updates of any kind .... to browse the internet ??

XP is even much more porous security-wise than more modern and current versions of Windows among other drawbacks.

Not the best approach.

Tell that to the people who contacted me smiling smiley
But unfortunately, they can'"t read your reply because they cannot access the site....
If they are happy with XP or can't afford a new PC (or operating system; don't forget this a is a worldwide used website), they are in trouble.
I know that XP isn't supported anymore and in 4 years that will apply to Windows 7 too. !(But I intend to use W 7 until then; tried W 10 on another PC and didn't like it (changed back to W 7), so I didn't upgrade this one, even not being it free)

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 23, 2016 00:29

coowouters
Winning Ugly VXII

Not the best approach.

Tell that to the people who contacted me smiling smiley
But unfortunately, they can'"t read your reply because they cannot access the site....
If they are happy with XP or can't afford a new PC (or operating system; don't forget this a is a worldwide used website), they are in trouble.
I know that XP isn't supported anymore and in 4 years that will apply to Windows 7 too. !(But I intend to use W 7 until then; tried W 10 on another PC and didn't like it (changed back to W 7), so I didn't upgrade this one, even not being it free)

There are (completely legal) free and easy ways around this problem. Free operating systems very easy,very secure,run well on old hardware. XP can even be kept along on the same machine if it is still needed for some purpose other than browsing the internet,which it is no longer well suited for. Choose Windows or the other operating system at the time the computer is booted. It takes about 45 minutes of effort. Nothing complex at all. It's about the same degree of difficulty as installing a software program on Windows. Not much to it.

That's about as far into it as I will go unless someone specifically requests more info.

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: February 23, 2016 20:55

Since yesterday it´s working again with Opera.

Thanks Bjornulfthumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home