Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I'm back smiling smiley
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:01

After a conversation with BV, I'm unblocked again.

I will not put any avatar or "quotes" in my signature anymore; just my name.

Also, I will not engage anymore in discussions with people who are abusive or whatever.

This part of IORR is to share, buy, sell and trade, not for discussions.

There are other parts of IORR for that!

It feels good to be back smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Re: I'm back smiling smiley
Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:08

This is only fair, to say the very least.
Justice for all!

Let´s all leave this silly incident behind us and concentrate on The Greatest Rock´N`Roll Band in the world.

Chris, ROCK ON!

Matti

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-11 22:02 by Ya-Yas.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:11

Good one.........thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:14

I'm happy that you are back...didn't know you weren't!
You belong here my good friend!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:33

Moi content.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:38

It feels good seeing you again my friend!

Rock on Chris.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 11, 2016 21:55

Welcome back! smileys with beer

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:08

Right! Chris hot smiley

Posted by: Luisma11011 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:17

Welcome bac, bienvenido.

Date: January 11, 2016 22:48

Great! I was getting worried when I saw posts with your avatar and red mis-quotes bashing other users...!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:54

Nice one...all round...very glad all got sorted thumbs up

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:56

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:22

Ciao friend
Sici

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:43

mickjerome
Moi content.

With this small sentence, you have to add "Bwana".
Moi content Bwana! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: January 12, 2016 00:07

The today good news

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:14

Welcome Back Chris....tho I didn't even know you were gone.....

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 12, 2016 01:34

Quique-stone
I'm happy that you are back...didn't know you weren't!
You belong here my good friend!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

Nice to see you "still" here Chris!

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 12, 2016 02:02

Grrrrreeeaaattt !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 12, 2016 08:46

Nice one, welcome back Chris thumbs up

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 09:04

Welcome back Chris!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 12, 2016 12:35

Good news. Welcome back.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 12, 2016 16:08

Vive la Belgique!

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 16:13

Gee... Bee Vee. I saw the avatar and the red quotes, but I didn't feel offended... Blocked for THAT? Holy cow! I am thinking... you have the right to be angry once in a while. Glad you are back. You've been doing a lot for the community here, you deserve to be here more than me.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: January 12, 2016 16:31

Welkom terug Chris

Date: January 12, 2016 17:33

frenki09
Gee... Bee Vee. I saw the avatar and the red quotes, but I didn't feel offended... Blocked for THAT? Holy cow! I am thinking... you have the right to be angry once in a while. Glad you are back. You've been doing a lot for the community here, you deserve to be here more than me.

I feel I have to answer this post, especially concerning the "quotes";

MF was using my avatar (and signing as "MF from Belgium" ), followed by three lines of abusive sentences.
(If I remember correct against uploaders, against downloaders and against people who expressed their gratitude towards uploaders)

I only had one red sentence, which was a quote from him. (something about me being a useful idiot)
When I changed my avatar, he did the same, still signing as "MF from Belgium"

I contacted BV, but as the rules of IORR state, you may only have a name or some useful info (in small print) under your post, so BV blocked the both of us.

I (and some other members, thanks guys!) contacted BV and we talked it out as grown-ups.

A BIG thank you to all who helped and to those expressing their "welcome back" in this post!

You guys are the best! (how could it be otherwise; you're Stones fans! smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 18:22

coowouters
frenki09

I feel I have to answer this post, especially concerning the "quotes";

MF was using my avatar (and signing as "MF from Belgium" ), followed by three lines of abusive sentences.
(If I remember correct against uploaders, against downloaders and against people who expressed their gratitude towards uploaders)

I only had one red sentence, which was a quote from him. (something about me being a useful idiot)
When I changed my avatar, he did the same, still signing as "MF from Belgium"

I contacted BV, but as the rules of IORR state, you may only have a name or some useful info (in small print) under your post, so BV blocked the both of us.

I (and some other members, thanks guys!) contacted BV and we talked it out as grown-ups.

A BIG thank you to all who helped and to those expressing their "welcome back" in this post!

You guys are the best! (how could it be otherwise; you're Stones fans! smiling smiley

I see, Chris. I hope MF is out now... What he's done sounds more than bullying.

Honestly, I didn't really understand what went on with the red quotes. Probably what confused me was that MF was pretending to be you.

Thanks for the explanation. It's a lesson learnt for all of us.

In my humble opinion it was a little harsh blocking you, especially knowing how much you've done for us. The trouble maker wasn't you. I should probably suggest to BV to have a clearly stated system of warning. And let's say... after 3 warnings you are out. (And warnings would expire after a while just to be fair.) Or after getting 10 thank you's your warning would be gone.

This site could be a more give-and-get type of site, more interactive?

The frighting part of your story is that you were blocked right there and then, and if the guys didn't notice what was going on, and didn't stand up for you, it would've been a lot more difficult for you to crawl back in.

I never felt it's justified to block someone without a warning, especially if it's for something as silly as using an avatar and a quotation. I know that it's important for the moderator to keep the site "clean" and in some cases blocking someone involves making a verdict without giving a chance for the person to explain him/herself. I could never be that "tough" and I don't even wanna be the person who needs to be tough like that. So that's why I would never run a site like this one.

I am just thinking... What could I have done if I was in your shoes. I guess nothing... I would have been out for good. Would that be fair? ... Again: some sort of visible and clear system of warning is needed. This has to be a bit, just a tiny bit more "democratic" and transparent.

I know there is/was a sticky in Tell Me for making recommendations like this.

All the help you have given us "paid off" in the end, and all the "thank you's" transferred into action -- people stood up for you. I guess that's the best thing about this community.

Thanks for the people who helped to save Chris.

And thank you, Chris (and all the uploaders) for all your time giving us these valuable Hot Stuff.

Keep on rockin'!

P.S.: Are you not allowed to use the tongue you had at the end of your posts? When I saw that tongue I knew I was in for something good. hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-12 18:24 by frenki09.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 19:32

Welcome back Chris, I was wondering where you were finished
I want the tongue back too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 12, 2016 19:57

Stone601
Welcome back Chris, I was wondering where you were finished
I want the tongue back too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Reading the policy of the board, I think it is acceptable smiling smiley I'll ask BV if it's OK with him.

Bjornulf
Policy
The IORR forum pages are made for Stones fans to communicate. Normal manners are expected. Offending language, offending or personal posts are not accepted. Write as if you are talking to normal people. Write normal text, please do not write in UPPER CASE unless it is natural in the context. Please do not post or discuss other individual non-public persons without their approval. Political and religious posts are not accepted. Campaigns are not accepted.

Signature
You may have a signature connected to your user profile. Please use a small and non-dominating signature. Graphics are accepted if they are small i.e. smaller than what you write, not dominating. No animations accepted, and please no offending graphics. The signature should not contain any messages or campaigns. It is basically there to show your name or other similar information about yourself.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: wildcolonialboy ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:43

Now I understand why you were out. But it wasn't your fault. Whatever.
The people on this site are all very nice and it's a gift for us all that you are back. Don't let us feel bad for one person who was not okay.
I feel good that you are back again.
Sorry for my bad english!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:56

That MF dude was really obnoxious...It's hard to believe he just popped out of the blue like he did, must be a repeat offender or another "unfriendly" poster who had created another UserID to show his true colors...there are a few here unfortunately, few and far between fortunately ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home