Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rarest original SOME GIRLS LP Album Sleeve?
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 8, 2015 04:07

To my knowledge there were 3 original sleeves (with original inner celebrity inner sleeve): 1) primarily white 2) top to bottom Green, Yellow, Blue & Pink 3) top to bottom Blue, Pink, Green & Yellow. Is one more rare than the others. Seems to me that the B,P,G&Y might be the rarest color combination. Not sure....just have seen fewer, (?) And I believe inner sleeve "Under Construction" ones had same color schemes. And if my memory is correct the original CBS issue CD was the primarily white image but the new 2cd Deluxe package was mass produced with (top to bottom) G,Y,B & P.

So..again ...just wonder if one color scheme of the original LP (w/celebrity inner sleeve) is more rare than other color schemes? Thnx

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-08 04:08 by sweet neo con.

Re: Rarest original SOME GIRLS LP Album Sleeve?
Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 8, 2015 08:34

Not 3, but there are 4 variations for both UK & US sleeves.

Green-top one is most common.
3 kinds of other ones are almost the equal ratio.

Posted by: mikerocha ()
Date: December 13, 2015 20:33

Hi,
My Some Girls LP collection contains next variations:

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 14, 2015 01:14

mikerocha
Hi,
My Some Girls LP collection contains next variations:

I think that two variations on the top of your post might be Italy pressings.

Date: December 14, 2015 09:54

Yes, EMI Italia

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 15, 2015 20:39

More info about colour combinations here:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 16, 2015 18:59

Hi,

"1963luca0" wrote about SG cover variations in November 27, 2011:

"Cover variations:
Two major colour variations exist: light and dark.
Each of them is available in four variations
1. lines from top to bottom: yellow-azure-pink-green
2. lines from top to bottom: azure-pink-green-yellow
3. lines from top to bottom: pink-green-yellow-azure
4. lines from top to bottom: green-yellow-azure-pink
By now, we have 8 variations (4 light, 4 dark), in all.

On top of that, almost all of the above can be found with red and with blue album title on front. By now, we have 16 variations (4 light with red title, 4 light with blue title, 4 dark with red title, 4 dark with blue title).

As the inner sleeve is part of front cover - due to the die-cut artwork - you can reach a maximum of 32 variations (16 with the original inner sleeve, 16 with the re-worked one).

So far, this is theory. Actually, some of the 32 possible variations have not been reported. This depends on many a cause. Firstly, the light covers were abandoned in favour of the dark ones in July 1978, when the second inner sleeve appeared.
So, it's very hard to find the re-worked inner sleeve associated with the first cover with pale colours.

To the many variations listed above, you'd add the covers issued without die-cut artwork: just a few worldwide.

Last but no least, do not forget one-of-a-kind covers like the black and white one issued in the USA. It's paired with a very early British album and it's said that it was proposed to Atlantic executives together with a pale and a dark cover, as a demo."

Wow!!! 32 variations !!! I cannot believe!!! I have never seen some presentation variants. My collection contains next variations:

Please, has anybody pictures by other real variations?

Mike

Date: December 16, 2015 19:03

Sorry,
my pictures:

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 17, 2015 13:49

Also, 8 pages os Some Grils variations at the Rolling Stones Collectors Cave:
[stonescave.ning.com]
Best

Date: December 17, 2015 22:26

Thank You Ricky

Mike

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 06:20

What you see on this illustrated cover placed in magazines was exactly what CBS used on its reissues of Some Girls on LP, cassette and CD. My question remains: did any of the Atlantic pressings of the LP use this all-illustrated no-cutout version that the 8-track and cassette tape versions used?

The album art itself was based upon a Valmor Hair Products ad from the 1920s. Not long after the lawsuits the band got from the various celebrities whose likenesses were depicted on the first version of the album cover art, Valmor itself also sued the band and cover designer Peter Corriston for the unauthorized reproduction and modification of their ad.

~Ben

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 07:15 by BrianJones1969.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 9, 2020 12:31

I couldn't believe those wet blanket celebs who sued because their likeness was on the cover of SG! Lucille Ball got such cred! There were celebs (Zsa Zsa, can ypu hear me?) who would've sold their children to be on that cover.

It's one thing to be un-hip. It's quite another to show the world what a grade A tosser you are...

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 23, 2020 12:58

As far as I know only 6 of the possible colour variations are in circulation (the four bright colour variations and two lighter colour variations).

www.rsundercover.eu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home