Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Date: November 25, 2015 07:30

Requested by mtripoli, fulfilled by HEILOOBAAS, with a little help by me. Here is the June 11, 1972 L.A. Forum gig, presented in WAV files. Below is the link to the MEGA download and a video preview. Also below is an excerpt of an email Heiloobaas sent me regarding the quality and lineage. I only did some light editing due to my English OCD and the clean-freak that I am. smiling smiley

HEILOOBAAS
I don't know wh[at] source it is. I rec'd it in 2002, I believe. At least it is even and the taper didn't move around. An expert re-mixer could kick the s**t out of this.

video: [youtu.be]
youtube.com

MEGA Link

If you don't like it, don't download it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 07:58 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Re: Post: LA Forum 1972
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2015 08:08

It's probably the Slay Em In La source, which I downloaded from DIME many years ago, and sent per snailmail to Heiloobaas as he requested that show from me. Can't remember who shared the original torrent on DIME

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 08:35

I like it Where are those expert remixers?...

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 25, 2015 08:38

Erik_Snow
It's probably the Slay Em In La source, which I downloaded from DIME many years ago, and sent per snailmail to Heiloobaas as he requested that show from me. Can't remember who shared the original torrent on DIME

Date: November 25, 2015 08:40

HEILOOBAAS
Erik_Snow

...well, that gave me some nightmare fuel... winking smiley

I think the expert remixers referred to are those like marko...

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 18:44

Erik - did Marko do a remaster, and is it on the IORR tracker?

-- David

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2015 18:59

andrews27
Erik - did Marko do a remaster, and is it on the IORR tracker?

-- David

No, I have never downloaded Marko's remasters actually

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 19:00 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: bnewbury ()
Date: November 25, 2015 19:40

I have it on tape, and the tape sounds better than the CD. If anyone wants to do a little tweaking I could send a tape to them.

Date: November 25, 2015 20:13

Mr.Newbury, how are things by the banks of the Jordan? You sent me a tape of this show in 1995 or 1996 and it was execrable. I presume you've acquired a new source?

I would be happy as a bastard on Father's Day if you emailed me at the addy associated w\my profile name.

If you have any doubt as to who I am, I can give you two clews:

1) You and I were talking on the phone and your son fell off the kitchen counter.

2) The Stones were appearing in Amsterdam and you were tempted to see them but you weren't going to give up your First Class seat on the plane back home.

Cheers,
Jonno

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: November 26, 2015 03:31

Thank you for the help.

mtripoli

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 26, 2015 17:59

bnewbury
I have it on tape, and the tape sounds better than the CD. If anyone wants to do a little tweaking I could send a tape to them.

Mr Newbury please click on ny name to reveal my email addy. I think I found someone you could send the tape to... winking smiley (he's US based).

Thank you.

Date: November 28, 2015 21:06

dcba
bnewbury

Mr Newbury please click on ny name to reveal my email addy. I think I found someone you could send the tape to... winking smiley (he's US based).

Thank you.

You've got mail.

Posted by: oldstoned ()
Date: November 28, 2015 21:47

second show???

Date: November 29, 2015 00:42

oldstoned
second show???

The second show is available in a respectable mono audience. Is there a sbd extant?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 18, 2019 00:51

Bought this on vinyl from a record store in Isla Vista (Santa Barbara), California. Still have it, I think, somewhere. Got it because I was at this show. An average at best audience recording as I recall. But as time goes by its historical significance out weighs its short comings. Has an encore, too. Saw the band there is '69 and '73 as well.

Date: October 18, 2019 02:47

HTW was the encore at both shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home