Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Syracuse 1989 cassette tapes
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 20, 2015 19:31

I was cleaning out my office the other day and found some bootleg cassette tapes of Stones shows that were recorded by friends of mine. If I am not mistaken, I have one or both of the Syracuse 89 shows (which I attended). I didn't think the sound was anything to brag about. If you have ever been in the Syracuse Carrier Dome for a concert, you know what I mean. It sounds like a roller rink in there. Anyway, if someone wants these tapes to convert to another medium so others on this site can have access to it, contact me and I will make arrangements to send them.

Re: Syracuse 1989 cassette tapes
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 20, 2015 19:50

Great!
Maybe you will put in circulation a new source for Syracuse!
Cool!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 20, 2015 19:56

That would be great!
1989.09.22 Syracuse is already available, but another source is always welcome!
1989.09.22 Syracuse is only available in mp 3(that I know of), so that would be even better to have!

I hope someone will get in touch with you (I do not have the equipment to do it myself....)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 20, 2015 20:14

Love cassette tape shows. More often then not I think they sound better than DAT or other digital. Not to say those are not good. They also can sound excellent.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 20, 2015 20:49

I'm sure one of our good equiped and knowledge friends will take the torch!
Thanks to you Scott for sharing what you have...and as always a big thank you for the tapers!
>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-20 20:51 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 21, 2015 01:50

I have drawers full of cassette tapes - who knows what to do with them, I think we get lazy and always assume when we download digitally we have the best recordings without checking them against cassette recordings I must say some of the cassette tapes I have are far superior to what I have downloaded.
Of course all Hi fi's now are cassette free so it's convenient to dismiss cassette recordings.

Date: October 21, 2015 02:14

Sighunt
I was cleaning out my office the other day and found some bootleg cassette tapes of Stones shows that were recorded by friends of mine. If I am not mistaken, I have one or both of the Syracuse 89 shows (which I attended). I didn't think the sound was anything to brag about. If you have ever been in the Syracuse Carrier Dome for a concert, you know what I mean. It sounds like a roller rink in there. Anyway, if someone wants these tapes to convert to another medium so others on this site can have access to it, contact me and I will make arrangements to send them.

Ok- I got a chance to listen to some of my tapes (which unfortunately are now scattered all over my house-which the wife is getting a little upset about as she hates the clutter). I'm sorry to announce this but one of the Syracuse shows appears to have been taped over (probably by me) because the sound was less than satisfactory. The other one appears to be a complete Syracuse 89 show and is certainly listenable. I can not judge whether this is the one that is already posted as I believe this was made by a friend who was at the show and sent to me in trade. I also have a pretty good sounding Alpine Valley 9/11/89 show. Also, I found Toronto CNE 8/19/94 which could also have been made by a friend of mine and was sent to me before Out for Blood ever circulated. I need to start cleaning up my house as I have tapes piled up everywhere. I am at a point in my life where I just can't keep and/or store these cassettes. So, I may just start giving this stuff away and keep the real good quality sounding stuff like Stones Tour Party 72 boxed set, the LA 75 4 CD box set, and other collectables.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 21, 2015 14:29

Maybe you could send the cassettes to a IORR regular who owns a Nakamichi deck?

Posted by: selgas ()
Date: October 21, 2015 14:42

I do own a Maranz SD555 (for both Dolby and non-Dolby recorded tapes), and I can transfer to a 24bit / 96kHz master, only thing is I do live in Europe.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: October 21, 2015 14:47

My Nakamichi doesn´t roll tape anylonger,but it still works as an master,which i use to balance channels etc...if soemone could do transferring onto cdr´s,i can do some mastering.

Date: October 21, 2015 17:18

Whomever wants the assignment of taking over the cassette tapes, they can contact me at my e-mail of ssigel@rochester.rr.com and provide their address and I will send them along. You will be doing me (and my wife) a favor. Thank you much,
Scott.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home