Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Post: 1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label - RE-UP 2018
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 8, 2015 01:21

1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label.............. [wetransfer.com] ............good 'til 28.1.2018

Basic artwork ........... [wetransfer.com] ...good 'til 28.1.2018

01 Out of Control (Papa Was a Rolling Stone Mix)
02 Might As Well Get Juiced (Keith's Revenge Mix)
03 Always suffering (Sentimental remix)
04 Already Over Me (Ambient remix)
05 Anybody seen my baby (original remix)
06 Low Down (12'' Edit)
07 Saint of me (alternate mix)
08 Anybody seen my baby (Arnand's tuned club cut)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 19:32 by EddieByword.

Re: Post:1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label
Date: August 8, 2015 01:26

Many thanks!

Date: August 8, 2015 01:35

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Many thanks!

You're welcome, vol 2 coming soon.......

Posted by: skullband13 ()
Date: August 8, 2015 02:06

Problem while extracting-Says file either damaged or unknown format

Date: August 8, 2015 02:54

skullband13
Problem while extracting-Says file either damaged or unknown format

Hi, I just downloaded that back on to my HD and extracted with Winrar with no problems. The files are flac files.

Try downloading again, you might have had a temporary problem with your broadband (maybe)..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-08 03:47 by EddieByword.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: August 8, 2015 03:48

THANKS FOR THAT UP, EDDIE !!!

"Thru and Thru," which I cited on Pirates, is of course from Voodoo Lounge, not B2B. I just wrote that incorrectly because I love Thru and Thru so much. I probably have the long version from Pirates (not a remix) somewhere on the Voodoo Brew/Stew series.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-08 03:52 by andrews27.

Date: August 8, 2015 03:58

andrews27
THANKS FOR THAT UP, EDDIE !!!

"Thru and Thru," which I cited on Pirates, is of course from Voodoo Lounge, not B2B. I just wrote that incorrectly because I love Thru and Thru so much. I probably have the long version from Pirates (not a remix) somewhere on the Voodoo Brew/Stew series.

No problem, did you extract it ok?..............skullband13 says he had a problem ..."Broken file etc..........

Posted by: skullband13 ()
Date: August 8, 2015 04:28

It worked the second time.Thanks eddie and can't wait for vol.2

Date: August 8, 2015 04:41

skullband13
It worked the second time.Thanks eddie and can't wait for vol.2

Oh, that's good........I've had that sometimes....just an unknown glitch. Vol II in about 5 mins.........

Date: August 19, 2015 08:29

Grrr...Must have deleted this when I was clearing up my HD... Any chance of a re-up?

Date: August 19, 2015 14:36

There you go........... [www.wetransfer.com] ..........26.8.2015

Date: August 19, 2015 17:04

Thank you once again, Eddie! smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 19:35

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

No problem, let me know if you want vol 2..

Posted by: txussilvestre ()
Date: August 19, 2015 23:04

Thank you EddieByword!

Are these "official" but unreleased remixes?

Date: August 20, 2015 00:02

txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

That's my understanding, yes...........there's a great book by Martin Elliott called Rolling Stones, Complete recording sessions which gives all the production history of each track and some reviews

Date: August 20, 2015 00:07

EddieByword
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

No problem, let me know if you want vol 2..

No, thank you. I've got that one.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: August 20, 2015 01:39

EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

That's my understanding, yes...........there's a great book by Martin Elliott called Rolling Stones, Complete recording sessions which gives all the production history of each track and some reviews

There have been discussions in the past on the iorr forum about these two remixes boots. The general opinion was that although they do sound good they were in fact fake. Did they realy make a 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone' mix for 'Out Of Control'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 01:40 by MrTurner.

Date: August 20, 2015 02:27

MrTurner
EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

There have been discussions in the past on the iorr forum about these two remixes boots. The general opinion was that although they do sound good they were in fact fake. Did they realy make a 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone' mix for 'Out Of Control'?

Well, according to Martin Elliott's book "Rolling Stones, Complete recording sessions", they did.

At; Ocean Way recording studios LA 1997
Producer. Don Was & the Glimmer twins
Assistant engineers; John Sorenson, Alan Sanderson, Mixed by Wally Gagel etc, etc.........

Plus, apparently there is a Reggae mix too......bootleg only........I've never been able to find this though, fake or otherwise......

Obviously, I can't vouch for any of this 'cos I wasn't there....so, 'you makes your choice' as it were........they sound ok though and for me that's the main issue.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 02:29 by EddieByword.

Date: August 21, 2015 06:28

Well, regardless of whether or not they were commissioned/received blessings from the Stones and then pulled out of circulation or whatever, they are nice to have for me at least. I'm fascinated by the 1997-1999 era, probably due to the lack of studio/remix outtakes available. Plus, the remixes usually are of 'Satisfaction', 'Sympathy', 'Gimme Shelter', you know, the standards.

Date: January 21, 2018 02:23

Is this in Stones Vault...I lost it in a HD crash.

Re: Post:1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label - RE-UP 2018
Date: January 21, 2018 04:26

up

Re: Post:1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label - RE-UP 2018
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: January 21, 2018 11:34

thanks for re-sharing this collection

Re: Post: 1997 - Bridges to Babylon - Remixes Volume I - No label - RE-UP 2018
Date: January 21, 2018 18:41

THANK YOU

Date: January 21, 2018 19:19

No problem.............smileys with beer

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 21, 2018 20:15

MrTurner
EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

They're well done fakes made by a professional DJ IMHO. Why should they remix normal album tracks like Lowdown or even the ballads?! They're not Depeche Mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 20:16 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 21, 2018 20:32

Monsoon Ragoon
MrTurner
EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

They're well done fakes made by a professional DJ IMHO. Why should they remix normal album tracks like Lowdown or even the ballads?! They're not Depeche Mode.

Well, according to Martin Elliott's book .........rightly or wrongly, Low 12'' mix was produced by Don Was / Glimmer twins and engineered by Rob Fraboni & Dan Bosworth.....

and likewise for Low down - Master mix...........

Others like 'Might as well get juiced' - several mixes, are attributed to the Dust bothers.......

While several long different non released mixes of 'Anybody seen my baby' are attributed to the Dust bothers & Don Was.............

There's also some by Danny Saber & the Glimmer twins......

And Pierre de Beauport & the Glimmer twins......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 20:35 by EddieByword.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: January 21, 2018 22:30

These sound a lot better then most remixes, thanks for sharing!

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: January 22, 2018 02:11

Thanks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 22, 2018 02:55

EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon
MrTurner
EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

Well, according to Martin Elliott's book .........rightly or wrongly, Low 12'' mix was produced by Don Was / Glimmer twins and engineered by Rob Fraboni & Dan Bosworth.....

Others like 'Might as well get juiced' - several mixes, are attributed to the Dust bothers.......

While several long different non released mixes of 'Anybody seen my baby' are attributed to the Dust bothers & Don Was.............

I love ME's books, that first one in 1990 opened a fascinating window onto a mostly undocumented world, but he doesn't have better sources than we (boot hunters) do AFAIK
, other than for the Kimsey years since he got to spend some time with him picking his brains. His source for these mixes has to be these boots. The technology was around in 1997 for a "DJ" to produce that stuff and make a buck...or two ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 22, 2018 09:41

gotdablouse
EddieByword
Monsoon Ragoon
MrTurner
EddieByword
txussilvestre
Thank you EddieByword!

I love ME's books, that first one in 1990 opened a fascinating window onto a mostly undocumented world, but he doesn't have better sources than we (boot hunters) do AFAIK
, other than for the Kimsey years since he got to spend some time with him picking his brains. His source for these mixes has to be these boots. The technology was around in 1997 for a "DJ" to produce that stuff and make a buck...or two ;-)

Elliott is just speculating. I don't believe these mixes are authorised. Why should they have let them made?!?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home