Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Official music videos DVD?
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 15, 2016 22:57

If you look at the pictures, on the back of the dvd boxes you can read regio code: ALL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-16 01:15 by GJV.

Date: January 16, 2016 01:51

It also says "NTSC" so,you would need an NTSC player as opposed to a PAL player or one that can handle both PAL and NTSC.

Posted by: Riffhard79 ()
Date: January 16, 2016 18:59

All PAL players can play NTSC nowadays.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 16, 2016 21:20

Winning Ugly VXII
It also says "NTSC" so,you would need an NTSC player as opposed to a PAL player or one that can handle both PAL and NTSC.

I live in The Netherlands, Europe and I didn't have any problems with playing these dvd's on my regular dvd player. I have no bootlegs which are regio coded. Bootleggers try to sell as much as possible, so it would not be a smart move to manufacture regio coded dvd's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-16 21:21 by GJV.

Date: January 17, 2016 07:05

GJV
Winning Ugly VXII

I live in The Netherlands, Europe and I didn't have any problems with playing these dvd's on my regular dvd player. I have no bootlegs which are regio coded. Bootleggers try to sell as much as possible, so it would not be a smart move to manufacture regio coded dvd's.

Maybe so but,the region code (All,1,2,3 etc) is a different issue than PAL versus NTSC encoding.

All DVD's (standard definition) have to be encoded either in PAL or NTSC or SECAM. Region coded or not.

In other words,a DVD can't be both PAL and NTSC. Only one or the other.

If you have an NTSC only disc player and a PAL non-region coded DVD,you would still be out of luck until or unless you purchased a disc player that could handle PAL DVD's.

Even then,if you have an NTSC only TV or projector,the disc player would then need to convert PAL to NTSC.

Date: January 17, 2016 07:22

Riffhard79

NTSC DVD's output as NTSC or converted to PAL ??

I ask because the output (NTSC or PAL) would need to match the TV or projector if
the TV or projector can't properly accept both signals. Some only handle 1 or the other.

This is why it helps to have a disc player that can convert one to the other. Maybe they
all do now in Europe. I don't know about that. I live in the U.S. where you need to go
out of your way to buy such disc players.

I learned this lesson 12 or 13 years ago when I bought the Stones Budokan '03 region free
PAL DVD which would not play in 2 of the DVD players I had at the time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 17, 2016 21:29

Why don't they, at the very least, reissue VIDEO REWIND? They could even add to it. They make some of the weirdest decisions... reissue the catalogue 300 times but not bother with things that have never been reissued... like REWIND, the live VOODOO and BRIDGES shows or any of the live albums.

Date: January 17, 2016 22:19

Riffhard79

Not all. And it depends on the region.

My HP 1969 DVD won't play on one of my DVD players, for instance.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:33

GasLightStreet
Why don't they, at the very least, reissue VIDEO REWIND? They could even add to it. They make some of the weirdest decisions... reissue the catalogue 300 times but not bother with things that have never been reissued... like REWIND, the live VOODOO and BRIDGES shows or any of the live albums.

a complete video retrospective is quite a glaring omission...inexplicable really, given all major acts have them released already, several for over a decade. Even the beatles just released their videos on dvd. surely this has to be in the cards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-19 17:14 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 18, 2016 17:47

With reference to the 60's promo videos, isn't there also a video for Dandelion, according to Wikipedia?

Posted by: Riffhard79 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 21:00

Still a great set:

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 14, 2016 21:09

I rather wait for the restored version...............

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 8, 2021 19:08

django
ks1982
Is there an official DVD with all of the Stones music videos through the years? I know they have all of them up on YouTube, but I would really love to get a nice DVD release if such a thing exists. Thanks for any info!

It's not official but the best you can get so far. Rolling Stones 50 Years on video Part 1 and 2. A fantastic collection.

They should release something like this officially next year... Rolling Stones Music Videos 60 years on video in Full HD

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 8, 2021 20:38

Availabel in Stonesvault

DVD 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - RED EDITION (DVD1).part1.rar 1.91 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - RED EDITION (DVD1).part2.rar 1.91 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - RED EDITION (DVD1).part3.rar 75.84 MB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - RED EDITION (DVD2).part1.rar 1.91 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - RED EDITION (DVD2).part2.rar 1.78 GB [www.filefactory.com]

DVD Rolling Stones - 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - BLACK EDITION (DVD9).part1.rar 1.95 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD Rolling Stones - 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - BLACK EDITION (DVD9).part2.rar 1.95 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD Rolling Stones - 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - BLACK EDITION (DVD9).part3.rar 1.95 GB [www.filefactory.com]
DVD Rolling Stones - 50 YEARS ON VIDEO - BLACK EDITION (DVD9).part4.rar 1.34 GB [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-08 22:45 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: April 8, 2021 22:33

Posted by: CHRISTIANF ()
Date: April 9, 2021 12:21

Is it possible with WT
Thanks

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 9, 2021 12:35

Yes, put it here on IORR, and ALL the bootleggers are busy! (money, money,money) in a bootleggers world!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home