Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Official music videos DVD?
Posted by: ks1982 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 23:50

Is there an official DVD with all of the Stones music videos through the years? I know they have all of them up on YouTube, but I would really love to get a nice DVD release if such a thing exists. Thanks for any info!

Re: Official music videos DVD?
Date: August 4, 2015 00:32

No such thing exists, sorry.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:34

I picked one up from RSVP2000 years back. A nice fan produced 2 dvd set that pretty much covered everything up to mid 90's, I think. The overall quality varied, there's nothing official though.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 4, 2015 01:42

Stream in HD quality from Youtube. It couldn't be more easy and it's free.

Posted by: OldSoul ()
Date: August 4, 2015 03:15

They just need to put up the '60s promos, but that'd probably never happen. sad smiley

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 4, 2015 04:19

OldSoul
They just need to put up the '60s promos, but that'd probably never happen. sad smiley

Sure it will. As they drain the pool of the APlus material, Ed Sullivan, Charlie Is My Darling, they'll have to put out something new. I don't know exactly how many ABKCO owned promo films there are. It would seem we're not that far from getting to the bottom of ABCKO's vault.

As for the 71-forward videos, I still have my VHS Rewind, but they've added some since then, and there were a number that weren't on there. I wonder if the GHS era ones, Angie/Silver Train/Dancin' with Mr. D, are being separated out for a Don Kirshner's Rock Concert DVD set. Kirshner had a Midnight Special type show, but with harder rock.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 4, 2015 08:32

Something like a complete videos DVD would be a nice thing to produce as Exhibitionism merchandise to sell at the exhibition - there is surely going to be some, though it will probably have that lurid logo all over it.

Date: August 4, 2015 11:29

24FPS
OldSoul

Sure it will. As they drain the pool of the APlus material, Ed Sullivan, Charlie Is My Darling, they'll have to put out something new. I don't know exactly how many ABKCO owned promo films there are. It would seem we're not that far from getting to the bottom of ABCKO's vault.
When it comes to YouTube videos, I wouldn't be so sure. I don't know if you follow The Stones' social media, but anytime they link to the Sympathy performance from Rock N Roll Circus, they link to a video a random person put up. All Charlie is My Darling clips were put on the Vevo channel instead of the main Stones channel. Even the recent Hyde Park Vault release was the first to have its videos put on the Vevo account instead of the main Stones account. I'm pretty sure the Twitter and Facebook accounts never linked to those videos, either. There's definitely something weird about the Abkco affiliation, still, that seems to dictate what goes on the Web and where. If they do ever release the Abkco videos, I bet they'll be on the Vevo channel and not the main channel, like the rest.
The Abkco videos I know of, BTW, are: Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (two versions), Ruby Tuesday, Let's Spend the Night Together (I believe), We Love You, 2000 Light Years from Home, She's a Rainbow (first I heard of this was on this, or the new, forum), Child of the Moon, Jumping Jack Flash (2 versions).

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 5, 2015 19:25

And of course lets not forget the UKs Ready Steady Go! performances which would make a fine DVD collection if Dave Clark can agree to its release.
And /Or ABKCO.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 5, 2015 19:30

I have no real interest in Stones' lip synched performances, they at least need live vocals. Those final ones on the Ed Sullivan Show with Gimme Shelter/Honky Tonk Women are dreadful. Isn't Ready Steady Go just lip synched? And probably in crappy TV mono.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 5, 2015 20:37

I dont think so, but maybe wrong.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 5, 2015 20:46

jlowe
And of course lets not forget the UKs Ready Steady Go! performances which would make a fine DVD collection if Dave Clark can agree to its release.
And /Or ABKCO.

It's too late, the train has left the station, no one buys DVDs anymore. Dave Clarke is the worst businessman of all time, sitting on a pile of worthless footage that would have made him billions (hyperbole) pre-Youtube if he hadn't been so greedy. ABKCO stumbled around and has been a bit luckier, but they left billions on the table too.

PS As did the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-05 20:50 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 5, 2015 21:59

The two double bootleg dvd's "Rolling Stones - 50 Years On Video Black & Red Edition - From The Vaults" are the ones to get. Everything you want is on them, probably taken from RS.com.
The blu rays versions are recordable ones, so I wouldn't spend money on those.

Posted by: django ()
Date: August 5, 2015 22:06

ks1982
Is there an official DVD with all of the Stones music videos through the years? I know they have all of them up on YouTube, but I would really love to get a nice DVD release if such a thing exists. Thanks for any info!

It's not official but the best you can get so far. Rolling Stones 50 Years on video Part 1 and 2. A fantastic collection.

Date: August 5, 2015 22:20

Exactly! That are the ones I talked about! They have everything, incl. a lot of extras's, like the No Security intro movie, which was showed before the concerts started.

Date: August 8, 2015 00:44

24FPS
I have no real interest in Stones' lip synched performances, they at least need live vocals. Those final ones on the Ed Sullivan Show with Gimme Shelter/Honky Tonk Women are dreadful. Isn't Ready Steady Go just lip synched? And probably in crappy TV mono.
There was a Ready Set Go performance where they did a really smoking live version of Satisfaction, and a few other songs. But the later one with Paint It, Black and a few others is a playback performance. I think Mick sings live, at least. I haven't watched that one in awhile.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 8, 2015 12:38

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 19:22 by midnrambler.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: August 8, 2015 12:46

"Fool to cry" from "Top of the pops"?Is that the official clip or what??

Posted by: Riffhard79 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 13:11

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: September 16, 2015 16:45

Anyone else notice this said Brussels 73? I wonder what quality if its on there.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: September 16, 2015 21:03

In the 1990's The Disney Channel (of all places!)broadcast a show featuring the Stones performances on Ready, Steady Go!
I taped it. It was not even 30 minutes long, but featured the Dave Clark logo at the end.
Many of the performances were live vocals to playback, some were live.

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: September 18, 2015 04:34

thkbeercan
In the 1990's The Disney Channel (of all places!)broadcast a show featuring the Stones performances on Ready, Steady Go!
I taped it. It was not even 30 minutes long, but featured the Dave Clark logo at the end.
Many of the performances were live vocals to playback, some were live.

I remember that. They showed a few clips that weren't on the three "Ready Steady Go" home vhs videos on Thorn/HBO like "I Am Waiting". Very cool. My old vhs tape is long gone, though.....

Date: October 9, 2015 14:41

Date: October 9, 2015 15:04

That's a great reliable Ebay seller. I bouhght those two dvd releases from him.

Posted by: Rio ()
Date: October 11, 2015 15:53

What is the quality like on the "50 years on Video" collection? I've got the Video Collection Vol. 1 - 5 but the quality is pretty bad.

Date: October 13, 2015 21:14

@GJV Thank you for your kind words!

@Rio Never saw the Video Collection 1-5 but I think it was released more then 10 years ago, these are so much better then the titles which were available before.

Date: November 23, 2015 21:42

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 24, 2015 00:49

Watch out. With Youtube being around for a while now a LOT of bootleggers are simply burning pixelized videos from the net to dvd. The days for me of buying video boots are gone because of this which is fine, especially since more of my faves are releasing stuff from the vaults for less money anyways.

Date: January 15, 2016 22:00

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: January 15, 2016 22:43

are these region coded DVDs or would they play in any player?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home